|This article is about a/an Elite Guard in Power Rangers Super Megaforce.|
|"Begone weaklings! Missed me?"|
|―Matacore's first words when arriving on the Armada Mothership and cutting down X-Borgs and then being restrained by Argus.[src]|
|"How? How can this be?!"|
|―Matacore after Noah took him down with his Double Disk attack and his final words before his initial defeat.[src]|
|"Yes! That's much better!"|
|―Matacore after being enlarged.[src]|
Matacore had been serving Emperor Mavro for some time before he was sent to aid his incompetent son Prince Vekar in slaying the Super Mega Rangers. He initially arrived on the Armada Mothership and cut down two X-Borg guards before introducing himself and his help is quickly accepted.
He later accompanies with Argus, Vekar, and some X Borgs, so Vekar can declare his mastery of the planet. Despite having the upper hand, he retreats along with Argus, due to Prince Vekar being hurt in battle, and is teleported due to the interference of Levira and Damaras.
He returns to Earth, soon afterwards, to battle the Mega Rangers again, this time only with the aid of X Borgs. He is overwhelmed by the Super Mega Rangers using their new Samurai powers and destroyed by the Super Mega Saber's Final Strike. Matacore is enlarged and overpowered the Legendary Wild Force Megazord, even stopping the Mega Roar finisher, but he was finally destroyed by the new Legendary Samurai Megazord and its Legendary Fire Smasher attack.
As an elite guard of Marvo, Matacore is headstrong and tough, he will do anything in his power to destroy the Rangers and take over the Earth, but despite this however, he is very loyal to Prince Vekar and will stop the battle to aid him if needed.
Powers and abilities
- Strength: Matacore possesses a great deal of strength, being able to overpower all five Rangers with ease.
- Durability: Matacore is durable to most attacks.
- Skilled Fighter: In addition to his raw strength, Mantacore is also a skilled fighter, being able to avoid the Rangers' strikes while being able to subdued them.
- Extraordinary Leaper: Matacore can leap at an incredible distance.
- Elite Sword: Matacore carries a large blue sword to aid him in combat. It is strong enough to block the Legendary Wild Force Megazord's Mega Roar.
- Energy Empowerment: Matacore can charge up his sword with blue energy and slash at the enemy with full force.
- Energy Reflection: Matacore can reflect his enemies' energy-based attack with his sword.
- Explosion: Matacore is able to create an explosion with the swing of his sword.
- Sword Wave: Matacore can charge up his sword with blue energy and fire an energy wave of the same color from it. This was his strongest attack which took down all five Rangers and destroyed part of a building with one hit each.
Behind the scenes
- Matacore is voiced by Richard Simpson who would later voice Galvanax from Power Rangers Ninja Steel.
- Matacore sounds almost exactly the same as Galvanax although he has a slightly less gruff voice.
- Matacore is the first monster to be faced by the Legendary Samurai Megazord.
- Matacore bears some similarities to Morticon, the major antagonist of Power Rangers Mystic Force.
- This is because they are both based upon a cyclops like monster.
- Matacore is the only Elite Guard of Emperor Mavro whose name isn't based around his color scheme. The other Royal Guards seen were Redker and Yellzor.