|This article is about a/an ally in Kishiryu Sentai Ryusoulger.|
Master Black (マスターブラック Masutā Burakku) was the previous Ryusoul Black and the trainer of his squire, Bamba. He fell under the service of Druidon leader Eras and assumed the identity of Saden (サデン), the sixth general of the Warfare Tribe Druidon prior to the return of Tankjoh, due to Pricious carding his heart.
Around 300 years ago, when Pricious came to Earth wrecking havoc in the Ryusoul Tribe's village, Master Black along with Master Green fought him, but Master Black was blown away off a cliff from his blast leaving Master Green to fight Pricious alone. While trying to find his way back, he stumbled upon Eras sealed and had been suspicious about her since then.
He soon became Bamba's master to train him into becoming the next Ryusoul Black. He later gave Bamba his Ryusoulken and Black Ryusoul. He also cared for his little brother, Towa, being the reason he was Ryusoul Green in the first place instead of Nada because he saw light in him that he and Bamba did not have.
In a scouting expedition, he started to investigate Eras and reached the Temple of the Beginning, and overheard Pricious talking to Saden about his plan. A rock crumbling sent Saden towards him, but the Druidon General was killed and his body became a disguise. Unfortunately, Pricious still took his heart as a precaution for betrayal. Though he didn't want Bamba or Towa involved, he burned down a village to retrieve their RyuSouls and prevent the Ryusoul Calibur from being drawn.
- "I am Saden. So you are the Ryusoulgers? Good timing. I will kill you as well."
- ―Master Black as Saden introducing himself to the Ryusoulgers
In 2020, Saden returned to Earth, meeting with Wiserue at the Druidon base. After Wiserue mistook him for the fallen Uden, Saden told his cohort that soon Pricious will rule over the current era and assures Wiserue to ponder on his own future. Leaving Wiserue to ponder, Saden approached Pricious and notes the deaths of Uden and Gachireus, which Pricious expressed his gratitude on the Ryusoulgers' part and revealed they've released the Ryusoul Calibur from the sky temple, which Saden surmised their leader Eras will revive soon. Saden then propose to steal the weapon from the Ryusoulgers, which he and Pricious agreed it leaves the Druidon tribe at a disadvantage as long as the Ryusoulgers possess it before Pricious stated he can get rid of both Wiserue and Kleon now that Saden is here, both unaware that Kleon was watching in secret.
Later on, Saden arrived at the roof Kleon was on and sensed the Ryusoul Caliber's energy, heading down to look for it after asking Kleon where it was while leaving before he could answer, which made the Minosaur creator realized the Druidon generals never looked to him as their equal, prompting Kleon to take the sword for himself. After Kleon found it, Saden demanded the weapon from Kleon, but he refused, prompting Saden to kill him to take the weapon. As Saden backed Kleon in a corner, the Ryusoulgers arrived and stopped him from striking Kleon. Saden then decided to kill the Ryusoulgers as well and summoned the Drunn Soldiers to assist him. Observing the battle, Saden spotted Miya and a filming crew, devising a tactic to have the Ryusoulgers to shield his attacks from them with their bodies. As Ryusoul Red attempted to change into his Max Ryusoul Red form, Saden threw his ninjatō, knocking the Max RyuSoul out of his hand before Saden grabbed his weapon and proceeded to overwhelm the weakened Ryusoulgers.
His tactic failed as Kleon threw the Ryusoul Calibur at Ryusoul Red, allowing the Ryusoulger to transform into his Noblesse form and turn the tables on Saden, overpowering him before finishing him off with an Ultimate Dino Slash. Being weakened by the assault, Saden noted the Ryusoul Caliber's power before teleporting.
Saden along with Pricious witnessed Eras giving birth to the new Duridon general, Gunjoji. They later went to the city to destory it when they were confronted by the Ryusoulgers. Saden fought them with Gunjoji, but they were no match for them which led Pricious to join in the fight overpowering them. When Pterardon saw Pricious and cancelled KishiryuOh Jet's combination out of fear of being sealed again and the other Ryusoulgers summoning their Kishiryu, Saden and Pricious were forced to retreated.
After learning that the Ryusoulgers were heading to the Temple of the Beginning for Eras, Saden, Gunjoji and an army of Drunn Soldiers waited outside the temple to prevent them from entering. When the Ryusoulger finished off the soldiers and ran after Gunjoji, Saden captured Ryusoul Gold's sister Oto, who followed them out of worry. He brought her to Pricious and plans on using her as bait to prevent the Ryusoulgers from interfering.
He returns holding Oto hostage and demands the Ryusoul Calibur in exchange for her. Koh summoned the Ryusoul Calibur and was gonna give it to him, however, he tricks him and dodged to let Melto use the Doshin Soul to save Oto. He retreats back to the temple to inform Pricious of their failure. Saden fought Towa and Bamba inside the temple while Gunjoji II fought Melto and Canalo. He overwhelmed the two brothers and forced them out of their transformations demanding to see more of their strength. When Gunjoji II was overwhelmed by Ryusoul Blue and Gold, he activates his self-destruct as Pricious secretly plan in an attempt to destroy them only to be thwarted by Saden when he threw his blade through Gunjoji II's body and removed the shots from his chest, causing his body to implode, killing him. When Towa released Saden's true identity having been suspicious of his actions, Master Black revealed himself to them. Master Black leads them to Eras telling them that they can't destroy her, not even with the Ryusoul Calibur. He revealed that he disguised as Pricious to destroy Pricious, only for it to backfire. After hearing that the Ryusoul Calibur's power has weakened and Setoh's name, he tells them to take him the Setoh.
The Ryusoulgers took Master Black to Naohisa Tatsui, who was the host of Setoh. After failed attempts to force Setoh to wake up, Master Black told them the whole story. Setoh woke up and told them that the power of the Kishiryus were used to seal Eras, but as Eras absorbed the Ryusoul Calibur's power. Master Black said as long as Eras is fused with the Earth's energy, she can regenerate no matter how many times she's destroyed, but Asuna gets the idea of pulling Era's roots off. Suddenly, Master Black started to feel pain in his chest revealing that Pricious took his heart after he was suspicious of his actions as Saden and to make sure he does not betray him. He got his heart back from Koh when he disguised himself as Saden to trick Pricious. Pricious came out of the temple realizing Master Blacks actions as Saden and fought him, but as Master Black had just got his heart back, he was unable to fight well but was saved by Towa and Bamba. Master Black witnessed Yabasword turning against his commrades and growing, confused on what was going on.
After the Ryusoulgers regain their confidence to seal Eras with the Kishiryu powers and preparing to go back to the temple, Master Black suspected that Pricious might have a plan to prevent the Ryusoulgers from entering the temple and decides to go to, but Bamba tells him that he'll just get in the way since he just got his heart back. However, Towa tells him that Bamba is hiding his true feelings and that he actually wants to keep his master safe from harm. When Setoh appears, Master Black informs him of the Ryusoulgers plan to seal Eras by gathering all the Kishiryu Powers inside the Ryusoul Calibur.
After the destruction of Eras, Bamba and Master Black watch Towa depart somewhere.
As Master Black, he is the exact opposite of Bamba in the present, being more laid-back and easy-going, though he can be serious like the other masters. As Saden, he appears to be the exact opposite of Uden: more talkative, a sharp strategist, and devotes complete loyalty to Pricious.
Powers and Abilities
- Teleportation: As seen in the flashback of Episode 45, Master Black can teleport on his own without having to create a portal when he disguised himself as Saden.
to be added
- Ryusoul Tribesman Physiology: As a member of Ryusoul tribes, he possessed these following abilities:
- Longevity: Ryusoul tribespeople age very slowly and can live for hundreds of years.
- Sword Proficiency: Master Black is extremely skilled with his sword and ninjatō.
- Stealth: Master Black possesses extensive knowledge and skill in stealth tactics, enabling him to appear and disappear without notice.
- Enhanced Speed: To assist with his stealth, Master Black possesses augmented speed, allowing him to appear from place to place instantly.
- Portal Creation: Master Black can create a green and orange chessboard-based laser portal to teleport himself from one place to another.
- Extraordinary Leaper: Master Black can leap at incredible distances.
to be added
This Form is Exlusive to Episode 45.
While under the guise of Saden, Master Black can channel whatever power remains in the General's armor and use them as his own.
Powers and Abilities
- Energy Bolts: As Saden, Master Black can generate green energy bolts from his fists and launch them at his opponents.
to be added
- Energy Detection: Saden was able to sense the Ryusoul Caliber by its energy signature.
- Drunn Soldiers Summoning: As Saden, Master Black can summon Drunn Soldiers to aid him in battle.
to be added
- Ninjatō (忍者刀): Like Uden, Saden wields a ninjatō-style sword in combat.
- Energy Slash: Saden can generate green energy slashes from his ninjatō.
- Energy Ring: Saden can unleash green energy rings from his ninjatō whenever it connects with another weapon.
- Height: 189 cm (as Saden)
- Weight: 281 kg (as Saden)
- Attribute: Bishop Class Executive (as Saden)
- Place of Distribution: TBA (as Saden)
- Classification: Druidon general (as Saden)
- Experience Point: 310 (as Saden)
Behind the Scenes
- Master Black is portrayed by Masaru Nagai (永井 大 Nagai Masaru), who previously portrayed Captain Ryuya and Tatsuya Asami in Mirai Sentai Timeranger. As Saden, his suit actor is Keizo Yabe, who previously suited as Tankjoh and a few other Minosaurs. As Ryusoul Black, his suit actor is Seiji Takaiwa (高岩 成二 Takaiwa Seiji), who previously suited as TimeRed. This marks Takaiwa's return to suit acting for a Ranger in Super Sentai for the first time since Mahou Sentai Magiranger, where he is the suit actor for MagiRed.
to be added
to be added
- Being portrayed by Masaru Nagai, Master Black is so the only Ryusoul master whose actor is not an alumnus from Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon.
- As Ryusoul Black, his transformation pose mirrors that of Masaru Nagai's previous Sentai role.
- Master Black is currently the only Ryusoul master to remain alive in the present day.
- Saden's suit is a complete repaint and altered variant of Uden's suit.
- Like Uden, his motif is based on a bishop chess piece and a cannon.
- Master Black is the first member of the Druidon Tribe to have defected.
- Master Black is one of the few Sentai Rangers who single-handedly defeated a general without donning a Ranger form.
- While disguised as Saden, Master Black's voice is modified to have a lower pitch.
- Saden's "voice actor" was kept a mystery in the opening credits until the reveal of his true identity.
- Kishiryu Sentai Ryusoulger
- Ep. 30: Overthrow! High Spec (flashback)
- Ep. 40: Nightmare in the Fog (flashback)
- Ep. 41: Stolen Holy Sword (as Saden)
- Ep. 43: Mother of the Druidon
- Ep. 44: Tested Bonds (debut as Master Black)
- Ep. 45: Get Your Heart Back!
- Ep. 46: Noble Kishiryu
- Ep. 47: Between Happiness and Despair (Bamba's dream)
- Final Ep.: The Will of the Earth