|This article is about a/an ally in Kishiryu Sentai Ryusoulger.|
Master Black (マスターブラック Masutā Burakku) was the previous Ryusoul Black and the trainer of his squire, Bamba. He fell under the service of Druidon leader Eras and assumed the identity of Saden (サデン), the sixth general of the Warfare Tribe Druidon prior to the return of Tankjoh, due to Pricious carding his heart.
Master Black was Bamba's master, and also cares for his little brother, Towa, being the reason he was Ryusoul Green in the first place.
Around 300 years ago, in a scouting expedition, he reached the Temple of the Beginning, and overheard Pricious talking to Saden about his plan. A rock crumbling sent Saden towards him, but the Druidon General was killed and his body became a disguise. Unfortunately, Pricious still took his heart as a precaution for betrayal. Though he didn't want Bamba or Towa involved, he burned down a village to retrieve their RyuSouls and prevent the Ryusoul Calibur from being drawn.
- "I am Saden. So you are the Ryusoulgers? Good timing. I will kill you as well."
- ―Master Black as Saden introducing himself to the Ryusoulgers
Later on, Saden arrived at the roof Kleon was on and sensed the Ryusoul Calibur's energy, heading down to look for it after asking Kleon where it was while leaving before he could answer, which made the Minosaur creator realized the Druidon generals never looked to him as their equal, prompting Kleon to take the sword for himself. After Kleon found it, Saden demanded the weapon from Kleon, but he refused, prompting Saden to kill him to take the weapon. As Saden backed Kleon in a corner, the Ryusoulgers arrived and stopped him from striking Kleon. Saden then decided to kill the Ryusoulgers as well and summoned the Drunn Soldiers to assist him. Observing the battle, Saden spotted Miya and a filming crew, devising a tactic to have the Ryusoulgers to shield his attacks from them with their bodies. As Ryusoul Red attempted to change into his Max Ryusoul Red form, Saden threw his ninjatō, knocking the Max RyuSoul out of his hand before Saden grabbed his weapon and proceeded to overwhelm the weakened Ryusoulgers.
His tactic failed as Kleon threw the Ryusoul Calibur at Ryusoul Red, allowing the Ryusoulger to transform into his Noblesse form and turn the tables on Saden, overpowering him before finishing him off with an Ultimate Dino Slash. Being weakened by the assault, Saden noted the Ryusoul Calibur's power before teleporting.
As Master Black, he is the exact opposite of Bamba in the present, being more laid-back and easy-going, though he can be serious like the other masters. As Saden, he appears to be the exact opposite of Uden: more talkative, a sharp strategist, and devotes complete loyalty to Pricious.
Powers and Abilities
- Ryusoul Tribesman Physiology: As a member of Ryusoul tribes, he possessed these following abilities:
- Longevity: Ryusoul tribespeople age very slowly and can live for hundreds of years.
- Sword Proficiency: Master Black is extremely skilled with his sword and ninjatō.
- Enhanced Speed: To assist with his stealth, Master Black possess augmented speed, allowing to appear from place to place instantly.
- Stealth: Master Black possesses extensive knowledge and skill in stealth tactics, enabling him to appear and disappear without notice.
- Energy Bolts: As Saden, Master Black can generate green energy bolts from his fists and launch them at his opponents.
- Energy Slash: Master Black can also channel his energy bolts through his ninjatō as energy slashes.
- Portal Creation: Master Black can create a chessboard-based laser portal to teleport himself from one place to another.
This Form is Exlusive to Episode 45.
While under the guise of Saden, Master Black can channel whatever power remains the General's body and use them as his own.
- Ninjatō (忍者刀): Like Uden, Saden wields a ninjatō-style sword in combat.
- Height: 189 cm
- Weight: 281 kg
- Attribute: Bishop Class Executive
- Place of Distribution: TBA
- Classification: Druidon general
- Experience Point: 310
Appearances: Kishiryu Sentai Ryusoulger Episodes 41, 43-45
Behind the Scenes
- Master Black is portrayed by Masaru Nagai (永井 大 Nagai Masaru), who previously portrayed Captain Ryuya and Tatsuya Asami in Mirai Sentai Timeranger. As Saden, his suit actor is Keizo Yabe, who previously suited as Tankjoh and a few other Minosaurs. As Ryusoul Black, his suit actor is Seiji Takaiwa (高岩 成二 Takaiwa Seiji), who previously suited as TimeRed. This marks Takaiwa's return to suit acting for a Ranger in Super Sentai for the first time since Mahou Sentai Magiranger, where he is the suit actor for MagiRed.
- Being portrayed by Masaru Nagai, Master Black is so far currently the only Ryusoul Master whose actor isn't an alumnus from Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon.
- Master Black is currently the only Ryusoul Master to remain alive in the present day.
- Master Black's status as a former Ranger turned villain brings to mind his actor's role of Captain Ryuya. In Timeranger, Ryuya was the true mastermind of the conflicts in the series. However, Master Black assumed the identity of the Druidon general Saden and eventually defected to the Ryusoulgers.
- As Ryusoul Black, his transformation pose mirrors that of Masaru Nagai's previous Sentai role.
- Saden's suit is a complete repainted and minor altered variant of Uden's, with mirrored parts and a slight inversion in colors.
- Like Uden, his motif is based on a bishop chess piece and a cannon.
- Master Black is the first member of the Druidon Tribe to have defected.
- Master Black is one of the few Sentai Rangers who single-handedly defeated a general without donning a Ranger form.
- Kishiryu Sentai Ryusoulger