|This article is about a/an villain in Mashin Sentai Kiramager.|
- "Conquer the Earth with Earth's customs."
- ―Carantula's motto
Mask of Darkness Carantula (闇の仮面遣いクランチュラ Yami no Kamen Tsukai Kuranchura) is one of the generals of the Dark Empire Yodonheim, he is also the one who responsible for creating Jamenshi from Bechats via his Jamen masks, which also make Jamen Beasts from Dark Beasts.
to be added
He is shown to hate beautiful things, as he thought of them as annoying, as said in the trailer. He is also seen being sickened by the sight of many beautiful things on Earth, as he almost wanted to puke when he sees in the Yodonheim's globe that Earth has so many beautiful things. He also enjoys the entertainment the Kiramagers provide, but finds Galza more than intimidating, especially since he effortlessly defeated Paleolith Basra. Carantula employs tactics based on many human lifestyles and activities, and although he despises the planet's natural beauty, he made a new favorite food out of humanity's marshmallow snacks.
Powers and Abilities
- Jamenshi Creation: By giving a Bechat one of his Jamen masks, he turns them into Jamenshi. If a Jamenshi fails to gather enough energy, he uses dark energy insurance, energy from a Bechat mask.
- Jamen Beasts Creation: By giving a Dark Beast one of his Jamen masks, he turns them into Jamen Beasts.
- Daruma Changing: He can fire energized hand blasts that turn anyone hit into a daruma.
- Telekinesis: Carantula was able to move his scepter telekinetically to deflect the Kiramai Bullets.
- Absolute Darkness: Carantula can create a field of absolute impenetrable darkness.
- Portal Creation: Carantula can open a dark portal to teleport himself from one place to another.
- Limited Experience: As Carantula has been on Earth less frequently than Galza, he is vasty outclassed in experience against the Kiramagers. Though his preferred strategy is to attack worlds using their own customs, he often fails to truly understand whatever it is he's themed his monsters after, occasionally leading to plans that, while a nuisance to the Rangers, have little potential for world domination.
- Gauge Scepter: He wields a scepter which serves as a gauge to indicate how much dark energy gathered. Once full, Carantula can open up the Invasion gate for the Jamen Beasts.
- Container: Carantula temporarily had a container where he keeps all of the victims that were turned into darumas.
Behind the Scenes
- Carantula is played by Yasuhiro Takato (高戸靖広 Takato Yasuhiro), who previously voiced Yamoh in Mahou Tsukai Pretty Cure! and Meemy from Mahou Sentai Magiranger.
- His name could be a portmanteau between máscara ("mask" in spanish and portuguese), cara ("face" in spanish) and tarantula.
- His face bearing no visible eyes is similar to that of Dayu Usukawa, Naria, and Akyanba.
- His role as the monster creator and a summoner of a giant creature modeled after the monster of the week is similar to Scrozzle from Power Rangers Beast Morphers, which was airing in the United States at the same time. Coincidentally, the Jamenshi and the Jamen Beasts had the theme of objects, similar to the Robotrons and the Gigadrones.
- He is similar to both Creative Messenger Mikela from Bakuryuu Sentai Abaranger, as they were both villains with high-pitched nasally voice whose methods is to create monsters out of the things from Earth (Trinoids for Mikela, Jamenju for Carantula) and both wielded a staff-like weapons. However, his ability to teleport the Jamenju & Jamenshi to the Earth brings to mind Apostle of Dawn Reje as well.