|This article is about a/an ally in Doubutsu Sentai Zyuohger.|
- "Monarch of Humanity! Zyuoh Human!"
- ―Zyuoh Human's roll call[src]
Mario Mori (森 真理夫 Mori Mario) is the maternal uncle of Yamato Kazakiri; the younger brother of his late mother, Wakako Kazakiri. He owns a workshop named Atelier Mori, where he and Yamato live together, in the woods where he makes sculptures of animals, and sometimes can be seen cosplaying as different animals to seek inspiration for his works. Mario is the person Yamato admired the most and his vast knowledge of animals is what inspired his nephew to become a zoologist.
After learning that Yamato and his friends are the Zyuohgers, Mario emulates them to the point of making his own costume to become Zyuoh Human (ジュウオウヒューマン Jūō Hyūman).
When an injured Yamato was brought home, his friends explaining that he was trying to treat a feral animal, Mario recounted one time when Yamato was kicked by a runaway horse he was trying to catch, noting that he has always been stubborn.
True to his word, Mario worked with the Zyumans in making dishes that suited their Zyuman appetites, such as Jungle rice with Tusk. Later, having gone out shopping, Mario returned home where he met Larry, a gorilla Zyuman. Introducing himself as Zyuoh Human, Mario offered a bunch of bananas to Larry, who graciously accepted.
An eccentric individual, Mario often wears costumes and impersonates the animal he is about to sculpt to channel creative inspiration for his art, much to the embarrassment of his nephew Yamato at times.
- to be added
Appearances: Episode 44, Zyuohger Returns
Behind the scenes
Mario Mori is portrayed by Susumu Terajima (寺島 進 Terajima Susumu), who previously portrayed Goro Unno, a suit actor who served as the Pink of a pastiche Sentai Team in the film Unsung Hero (2014). Mario's "transformation" into the pink-colored Zyuoh Human is an in-joke reference to this.
- The name "Mario" could be a shout out to Nintendo's iconic character, especially given the cube and pixel motif of Zyuohger.
- Mori (森) means forest in Japanese
- Mario being 'Zyuoh Human' is a fitting, during the first episode Yamato proclaimed to the Champion's Symbol that 'humans are animals too'.
- Zyuoh Human is likely a reference to Abare Pink from Abarangers.
- The helmet of Mario's Zyuoh Human costume has a slight similarity to the helmet of another Tokusatsu Hero Kaiketsu Zubat .