|This article is about a/an monster in Juken Sentai Gekiranger.|
- "It can’t be....I...."
- ―Final words before death
Confrontation-Beast Porcupine Fist Marashiya is a Beast-Man of Rinjuken Akugata.
A Rinrinshi Confrontation Beast Porcupine-Fist (臨獣ポーキュパイン拳, Rinjū Pōkyupainken) user who can use his Ringi to poison the minds of those who he strikes with his quills, as seen when Ran becomes a delinquent. Marashiya is ultimately destroyed by GekiElephantFire.
- Favorite places: Jungles, underground
- Favorite food: Fruit, seeds, tree bark, etc.
- Favorite phrase: "Sticking a needle into the wound." (痛い上の針 Itai ue no hari)
The Rinshi (リンシーズ Rinshīzu) are the jiangshi warriors revived by Rio performing the Ringi technique "Rinzai". The Rinsi are in turn led by Mele, who is in charge of their development in some cases, being low-level users in the Akugata, they wear masks formed by a hat and a blindfold and use lances as their weapons. If a Rinshi can cross through the Chamber of Trials, defeating the other Rinshi inside single-handed, he/she can remove the mask and the animal motif on the forehead materializes, with the Rinshi receiving new attire and promoted to the more powerful rank of Rinrinsi who can assume "Beast-Man" form for a tentative amount of time. When they die, their bodies petrify and explode in violent bluish flames.
The Rinrinshi (リンリンシー Rinrinshī) are high-ranking Rinshi who pass the Chamber of Trials, allowed to remove the mask as the animal signature to his/her fighting style forms on the forehead and gain a new attire to signal the rank. Rinrinshi can obtain Beast-Man form, but only for a short among of time depending on the level of Rinki amassed inside. However, the Rinrinshi empowered by Maku's power can assume Beast-Man form for an indefinite amount of time. Like the Rinshi, the Rinrinshi die as their bodies petrify and explode in violent bluish flames.
- Whirlwind Needles (旋風針, Senpū Shin): Quills Fire from forehead
- Gorgeous-Sword Storm (豪華剣嵐, Gōkaken Ran)
- Needle-Sword Mountain (針剣山, Hariken Zan): a form of acupuncture that can change a person's personality with normally no cure in sight.
- Marashiya was voiced by Takayuki Kondo
Behind the Scenes
- His name is an anagram for Yamaarashi (山荒), which means "Porcupine" in Japanese.