|This article is about a/an villain in Power Rangers Turbo, the third installment in the Zordon Era .|
Maligore was an ancient, lava-like demon entombed on the Island of Muiranthias thousands of years ago by the ancestors of the alien wizard Lerigot. Divatox wanted to resurrect Maligore, then wed him so they could control the universe together. His temple is guarded by the indigenous people of Muranthias called the Malykians.
Divatox sacrificed Kimberly Hart and Jason Scott to Maligore's pit of flames and later Kimberly and Jason were both returned as evil beings but then Lerigot freed them from the evil. Divatox sacrifices Elgar and her pet Eel to give more power to Maligore. An enraged Maligore awakened and rose from the lava. After pummeling the Turbo Rangers, he was forced to evacuate from his erupting volcano. He made himself into a giant and battled their Turbo Megazord. Though he was clearly the stronger combatant, the Megazord managed to knock the demon off a cliff and into the sea, with a single strike of it's Turbo Saber helped by the Megazord's thrusters, slaying Maligore and ruining Divatox's plan.
The Grand Monarch of Evil, Dark Specter, looked exactly like Maligore, but had the ability to speak and was far more powerful. Their similarity was even commented upon by Divatox, saying "You remind me of my Fiancee".
Powers and abilities
- Strength: Maligore is possibly the strongest enemy the Rangers had ever faced by that point, taking on and taking down all five Rangers and easily overwhelming the Turbo Megazord.
- Durability: Maligore proved completely immune to blasts from the Turbo Weapons and, when giant, shrugged off multiple punches from the Turbo Megazord like they were nothing.
- Corruption: Maligore was able to turn Jason and Kimberly evil although it is unclear whether he can do this outside of his lava pit as well.
- Self Enlargement: Unlike all the other monsters in Turbo, Maligore can make himself grow by making flames explode from within him.
- Claws: Maligore has massive, razor sharp brown claws that he can use to hack and slash his enemies.
- Flame Projection: Maligore can fire flames out of his class capable of causing severe damage to the Turbo Megazord.
Behind the Scenes
- Maligore was voiced by Mike Deak who provides only grunts, roars, and growls.
- The resemblance between Maligore and Dark Specter is due to the Maligore costume used in TAPRM's being reused for Dark Specter.
- The reason for this is likely budget since the franchise was nearing bankruptcy at the time.
- Maligore is the only enemy/monster in Power Rangers Turbo to grow through means other than the torpedoes.
- While Divatox did commit to matrimony with him, it is worth noting that she did openly cringe when she saw him.
- It is presumably that Maligore and Dark Specter were identical twin brothers or at least, members of the same species.
- It is possible that Maligore is not as evil and arrogant as Dark Specter, but is still in his own way menacing.