|This article is about a/an monster in Power Rangers Lightspeed Rescue.|
Diabolico ordered Jinxer to create a monster to destroy Mariner Bay so Jinxer summoned a meteor to crash on Mariner Bay. Magmavore emerged and attacked the city with his fireballs which caused a large tower full of people to be on fire. Ms Fairweather quickly introduced the Rangers to their Rail Rescues and Lightspeed RescueZords before they were sent to help people. Whilst the Rangers were saving people, Magmavore went into a sort of hibernation within the volcano. After the Lightspeed Rangers saved the people from the tower, using tools from their new Rescue Bird, the monster returned and attacked Carter in Pyro Rescue 1 (which was stuck in the solidified lava and bits from the building which Magmavore had just pushed over on top of it) although Joel in Aero Rescue 3 lifted him free before Magmavore could crush it. Realizing that they needed to end this for the fate of Mariner Bay, they formed the Lightspeed Megazord to fight with the monster. The monster tried to prevent it from being formed by shooting it with his fireballs but Aero Rescue 3 opened fire on him and stopped him from preventing it from being formed. Magmavore couldn't defeat the Megazord and was easily overpowered by the Lightspeed Ladder Arms. The Rangers's Megazord then used its extending arms and threw him into the meteor volcano and he exploded.
Later, Queen Bansheera resurrected Magmavore in to his advanced form and he rose from a volcano which caused the caves Ms. Fairweather and her crew were in begin to collapse. Now Magmavore had a giant cudgel and armor. The Lightspeed Megazord try to battle the monster but was quickly defeated. Bansheera then resurrected Trifire and the two monsters defeated the Lightspeed Megazord and send it into the pit. Following that, Banshera sent Trifire and Magmavore into hibernation within the volcano to prepare for the eruption. After the Rangers rescue Ms. Fairweather and her crew, they went back to the Megazord and try to battle the monsters again but to no avail although they managed to hold their own this time. When instructed to by Ms Fairweather, the Rangers took the Lightspeed Megazord apart and brought the individual Zords back to the Rail Rescues. They then took the Rail Rescues into the skies to form the new Supertrain Megazord. The Megazord shocked the monsters and easily destroys Trifire with its gattling guns and finally Magmavore with its Turbine Super Charge, but his destruction sends fireballs flying towards the volcano setting it off. Luckily, the Supertrain Megazord puts the volcano on ice with a couple of freeze blasts which ended the monster's final attempt to destroy them once and for all.
Magmavore doesn't have a big personality. He is a very violent and destructive monster, who destroys everything at his path. He is very stubborn, silly, primitive but very dangerous. He usually speaks in roars and enjoys causing destruction.
Powers And Abilities
- Strength: Magmavore had a great strength due to his massive size being able to push the burning skyscraper over on top of Carter and his Zord and smash through the outer layer of his meteor with little effort.
- Fireballs: Magmavore can fire a barrage of huge orange-brown fireballs from his chest. They are powerful enough to rip right through the middle of buildings and can cause large explosions on impact.
- Magma-implosion: Whilst underground, Magmavore can make fire pillars erupt from the ground and cause magma to travel on the ground.
- Fists: While lacking a weapon, Magmavore can fight with just his bare fists.
- Super Strength: Magmavore is ten times stronger thanks to Queen Bansheera resurrecting him, smashing the Lightspeed Megazord's Saber with one strike of his club.
- Resurrect Vision: Magmavore can fire red energy lasers from his eyes that can bring anyone back to life as well as power them up into their advanced forms. He did this to Trifire.
- Fireballs: Magmavore retains his ability to launch a barrage of fireballs from his chest like before, but they are more powerful then the original's.
- Fireball Assault: If Magmavore is destroyed by his enemies, he will launch fireballs at a mountain as a final attempt to burn down Mariner Bay.
- Magma Club: Unlike his original form, Magmavore is armed with a huge club for combat which is strong enough to break the Lightspeed Rescue Megazord's Saber with a single swing.
Behind The Scenes
- Magmavore is voiced by both Kim Strauss (who voiced Ninjor five years before and Jinxer in Lightspeed Rescue) the first time and David Lodge (who also voiced Loki in the same season) in his advanced form. In his advanced form, as noted in the quotes above, he was able to speak.
- Magmavore is a very special monster for Power Rangers Lightspeed Rescue, as it is the first monster to:
- Be large.
- Be fought by the Lightspeed Megazord and the only monster it destroyed without the use of it's Sabre.
- Be resurrected into an advanced\super form. Trifire followed after him and was directly reserected by Magmavore.
- Appear in more then just one episode.
- Magmavore is the only monster in Lightspeed Rescue that never fights the Rangers in human size, suggesting that Magmavore has always been large.
- Magmavore is the first villain in the post-Zordon Era to attack a Megazord during its transformation and combination sequence, but the second villain overall to do so. The first villain to accomplish this was Astronema, when she attacked the Astro Megazord in its first transformation.
- Magmavore is however the first monster in the entire franchise to attack a Megazord whilst it is forming.
- It is unknown how the Rangers knew Magmavore's name. Heroes never heard his name during their first encounter with him, but called him by name during their second battle.