|This article needs to be updated.
Season is ending soon, major update to character history is needed
These omissions are so great that the article's factual accuracy has been compromised. Check out the discussion page and revision history for further clues about what needs to be updated in this article.
|This article is about a/an ranger in Kikai Sentai Zenkaiger.|
When Magine was a child, she was a neighbor of Juran. When she saw him play with the kids in the neighborhood, she was too shy to join them. However, after picking petals off a wild flower and getting a good result, she gained enough courage to approach and play with them.
Magine was one of the Kikainoids who were mysteriously transported to Earth. One month later, she was seen taking part in a street interview. She responded to a human reporter in panic denying that the Kikainoids deliberately transported themselves and she had been trying to get back to Kikaitopia, but to no avail. Some time later, she and many Earth residents suddenly found mushrooms growing on their heads. She got panicked when the mushrooms started releasing poisonous spores, which suffocated the nearby humans.
Nervously making her way across town, Magine followed a fortune and ended up being bowled over by the Zenkaigers, who had recently slipped due to Ice World making the town streets a traction nightmare by freezing them. To Magine's surprise, the group included Juran, and she tearfully greeted him once more as the 4 made their way to Candy Cafe Colorful, where they exchanged introductions. Although she refused to join the team, Magine attempted to find Ice World using her fortune-telling skills, though to Gaon's growing frustrations, the predictions were flops every single time, and after an outburst Magine began doubting herself until the group was pointed towards a wharf. Eventually deciding to take a stand, Magine asked to join the Zenkaigers and became Zenkai Magine for the first time (while almost shooting herself in the face with her Geartlinger). With her help, Ice World was decimated, and her new MagineDragon form helps seal the deal with Great Ice World. Magine moved in with the other Zenkaigers afterwards, using her fortune-telling skills to lead the others towards the last Zenkaiger.
Magine is reserved and shy. She loves magic and the occult, and can become a true otaku about it when she is in the moment. She expresses herself through her fortune-telling, even if not correct most of the time. While very nervous, she relies on her fortune telling to give her the push she needs.
However, she is very clumsy, as shown when she almost shot herself with her Geartlinger and making her messes worse through trying to clean them up. Despite this clumsiness, she is very good at rummaging through trash to find objects of interest.
While known for being a shrinking violet, she will angrily snap when pushed to her limit. She does not tolerate if someone degrades fortune telling within an earshot, and will fervently scold the perpetrator. She will also not tolerate her friends being insulted right in front of her, and she will also snap when pushed to her physical extremes (i.e. not sleeping for too long).
Magine has quirky sense of humor, shown when she performs action comedy through random objects and roleplay.
She has a verbal tic of "nu-nu-nu" she strings to the end of her sentences, usually in her bouts of nervousness. She also chants this when casting spells.
Powers and Abilities
- Kikainoid Physiology: As a robotic being, Magine displays the following abilities:
- Poison Spore Immunity: All the Kikainoids on Earth were completely unaffected by the poisonous spores produced by Mushroom World's mushrooms, which caused shortness of breath in organic lifeforms.
- LED Lights: Magine's skirt comes with light green LED lights, which allow her to see in the dark when activated.
- Fortune Telling: With the crystal ball she carries everywhere, Magine can perform fortune telling to lead her to her or the Zenkaigers' next goal. While very prone to failure, at moments it has shown to be handy such as by finding Juran and hinting the Zenkaigers to the final Zenkaiger. Even then, the response is either only partially correct or vague.
Zenkai Magine's insert theme is Nu-Nu-Nu ☆ Magine!.
- "Ni-Juu-Kyuu Bang! Bang Bang! Bang Bang! Bang Bang! Babababang! Zenkai Magine!"
- ―Transformation announcement[src]
- Height: 204 cm
- Weight: 270 kg
- Speed: 130 km/h
- Power: 1100
While all of the core Zenkaigers excel at gunmanship, Zenkai Magine focuses on strategic combat, using the Magine Stick to perform weaponized elaborate magic tricks. The weapon also serves to bludgeon opponents or zap them with pink lightning bolts, though in addition to this, it can manifest solid illusions (such as a clone of herself or a disguise) that can interact effectively with the enemy. She can also ride the Magine Stick like a witch's broom, as demonstrated in episode 8.
Appearances: Zenkaiger Episodes 3-8, 10-20, Superhero Senki, 21-49, Zenkaiger G-Rosso stage show, Zenkaiger vs. Kiramager vs. Senpaiger
- "Big Bang! Go! Go! Go-Go Go! Zenkai Magine!"
- ―Transformation announcement[src]
By switching her Sentai Gear to its Kikai Side, Zenkai Magine grows larger to fight the Kudaitests. Zenkai Magine can transform into her mecha form, MagineDragon (マジーヌドラゴン MajīnDoragon). In this form, Magine can combine as the right half of any standard ZenkaiOh combination (with her wings being mounted behind the shoulders), but with the Zenryoku Zenkai Cannon forms the right leg of Zenryoku ZenkaiOh (with her wings becoming shoulderpads).
Transformation and Roll Call
Behind the Scenes
- Magine is voiced by Yume Miyamoto (宮本 侑芽 Miyamoto Yume). Her human form is portrayed by Sachika Nitta (新田 さちか Nitta Sachika) while assuming Miyamoto's voice. Her suit actor is Ayumi Shimozono (下園 愛弓 Shimozono Ayumi), who previously served as suit actor for Kiramai Pink. As a child, she is voiced by Minon Hatoma (鳩間みのん Hatoma Minon).
- Zenkai Magine is based off Majin Gattai MagiKing from Mahou Sentai Magiranger, her mecha form is based off MagiDragon, and her civilian form recalls the uniforms of the Ozu siblings from the same show. Her habit of dancing whenever a Sentai Gear is used in the Geartlinger is a reference to Magiranger dance. In particular, while MagiKing is themed after a male wizard or warlock, redesigning the overall structure for Zenkai Magine involved tweaking several aspects to make it fit the bill for a female witch. Her initial development from breaking out of her shy exterior harkens back to the "courage" theme of Magiranger.
- Magine is named after Mahou Sentai Magiranger and a play on words of "Majin".
- MagineDragon is the first Pink Ranger Mecha to have a dragon theme, and the only Kikainoid Zenkaiger mecha form not to be based on the mecha of the Red Ranger but being based on MagiDragon, the combined form of the other four Magirangers' Majin forms.
- Although it is obscured in promotional photos, Magine has a cable sprouting from the back of her head that evokes either a long braid or a long-hanging ponytail hairstyle.
- Zenkai Magine is the only Zenkaiger to feature the sculpted lip design on her helmet. As seen in the battle with Manga World, this is actually a functional mouth, unlike those of the past, which are simply decorative.
- TV Asahi's page for Zankai Magine.