|This article is about a/an villain in Juken Sentai Gekiranger.|
|"Isn't that interesting, Miss Predatory Beast Hall? I'm no one suspicious. My name for now... how about Long?"|
|―Long's first words when confronting Mele in the Confrontation Beast Hall.[src]|
|"What the hell is this power?!"|
|―Long when being defeated by Jan and Rio and his final words before his very first defeat.[src]|
|"Interesting. Amuse me more!"|
|―Long upon enlarging.[src]|
|"This is Beast Fist? Interesting! VERY interesting!"|
|―Long's final words before his supposed death.[src]|
|"My true identity is the Infinity Dragon. I both guide and bewilder this world at all times. I manipulate and play with the lives of humans."|
|―Long upon assuming his true form.[src]|
|"Don't mess with me! You plan to seal me in eternal darkness? Me, the leader of the Phantom Beasts!?"|
|―King's final words before being sealed into a coin.[src]|
|"This is getting fun! Let's move to the main event!"|
|―Long Banki after enlarging.[src]|
|"I... AM IMMORTAL!"|
|―Long's final words before being sealed away for good.[src]|
Long (ロン Ron), also known as the Mugenryu (無間龍 Mugenryū, Infinite Dragon) was the main antagonist of Juken Sentai Gekiranger, who engineered the events of the series behind the scenes until he revealed himself.
- 1 Character History
- 2 Personality
- 3 Forms
- 4 Behind the Scenes
- 5 Notes
- 6 Appearances
- 7 See Also
- 8 External Links
- 9 References
Being an immortal, Long has manipulated humanity behind the scenes out of whim for ages to ease his boring existence. Eventually, Long decided to create a Destroyer to make the world "less dull" by offering his services to Maku and to condition him while secretly aiding in the foundation of the RinJuken Aku Gata. But after the Kensei sealed Maku and the other Kenma, Long was forced to wait for another ideal pawn before he found a young Rio. Murdering the child's family, Long instilled a fear in Rio to become strong enough to escape the memory of that rainy night. To ensure no interference with Rio's progress, Long mortally wounded Dan years later so Rio can never have closure and then slaughtered Dan's kin while making it look like the village was decimated by a storm. Only Dan's wife and their son Jan survived, with Long personally killing the woman after she knocked her son into the river. Believing the child drowned, Long went back into hiding to watch Rio from afar, using his Blood-Oath Ceremony (血盟の儀式 Ketsumei no Gishiki) to obtain followers.
Eventually, once Maku was revived and forced Rio to serve him, Long revealed himself to Mele while assuring her that Rio will obtain Dorinki and defeat Maku, setting up the events for it. Furthermore, Long evoked Gou's transformations into the werewolf until Bae's interference stopped that. Long was further vexed to learn that Rio is making his way to Jūgenkyō, managing to have Rio turn back in the guises of Jan, Gou, and Sha-Fu, revealing the existence of Sozyuto that Rio needs to enter the village freely. Long also uses the same illusory power to force Mele to take the Sozyuto from Ken while he's defenseless. Once Rio and Mele make the run for the Jūgenkyō, Long revealed himself at last to Maku to hold his discarded pawn long enough for Rio to reach the village.
When the Kenma had served their purpose, Long arrives to kill Rageku in his fighting form which she recognized. With the deed done, Long fully reveals himself, offering Rio a chance to master the Genjuken style to become even stronger, converting both him and Mele in the Blood-Oath Ceremony to further his scheme. However, seeing Jan as a hindrance to his plans, Long attempts to kill him behind Rio's back. But ironically, Jan managed to awaken Rio as the Destroyer; much to Long's praise. Mele's interference ruined it, with Long's treachery and true identity revealed as a result, before beating Rio to find out why he didn't completely become the Destroyer. When Mele interferes once again, Long attempts to kill her, only to have Rio jump in front of her to shield her from the blast. Seeing Mele as the cause, Long takes her as a hostage so Rio can resume his part in the master plan. But once his plan is completely shattered, Long decides to kill them all and start finding a new Destroyer to replace Rio. However, Long was soon defeated by SaiDaiGekiRinTohja's Smashing Great Fierce-Confrontational Slash which destroyed his physical form.
However, his spirit endured and entered Sanyo, using him to recreate himself. Now with a newfound interest in the Beast-Fist power that rivals his own, Long assumes his true form to personally destroy the world himself. Mele sacrifices herself to save the Gekirangers from one of his attacks, after which Gou and Ken try and fight GekiTohjahWolf and SaiDaiOh, but Long effortlessly defeats them both. Rio attempts a suicidal attack to kill him but Long survived because of his immortality, though he was forced back into his armored form. Even in this state he still overwhelmed all five Gekirangers. Gou and Ken later fight him, along with the Kensei but they were no match for him. Long finally met his match when Jan, Retsu, and Ran returned after mastering the Rinjuken style. However, because of Long's immortality, the Gekirangers are unable to kill him so they instead sealed him in a small ball using the Dōkokugan technique. Jan safeguarded the small golden orb by wearing it as a necklace.
A year after Long's defeat, Meka (the sole surviving member of the Rinjūken Akugata by that point) stole the Doukokugan which Long was trapped in from Jan. He later fed it to his ally Nunchuck Banki who was transformed by Long's energy into Long Banki (ロンバンキ Ron Banki). Once the Banki Beast was destroyed by Jan and Sosuke and Jan's combined attacks, Long emerged from his corpse and revealed himself to the Gekirangers and was still bitter about his previous defeat. He then transformed the corpse of Nunchuck Banki into Long Banki because, despite being partially released, Long needed to defeat the Gekirangers to break thier seal over him and ultimately become free. However, he was ultimately no match for the two teams and the combined efforts of Jan, Sosuke, and Rio knocked him back whilst Mele and the Go-On Wings took care of Meka.
With Long Banki and Meka knocked back, the Go-Ongers formed the Super Highway Buster, the Gekirangers summoned the GekiBazooka, the Go-On Wings formed thier Wing Boosters, Ken armed some missiles in his SaiBlade and Gou charged up his GongChanger to fire his Rigid-Rigid Fist attack. They then all fired in unison, destroying Meka and knocking down Long Banki although he managed to survive. Not willing to risk his defeat, Long Banki enlarged and blasted the Gekirangers with his fireballs but they immediately went into thier Engines and Gekibeasts to form Engine-O G9 and GekiRinToujaWolf. He immediately slammed them back with his heads which was strong enough to take them down and reminded them of his strength. They recovered but Long Banki delivered a beating before blasting them with a massive barrage of fire that wiped both out entirely. However, realising that they needed to survive to keep him from returning to harass the world, Sosuke summoned Engine Kishamoth, Engine T-line and Engine K-line. Long Banki fired on it but the trio was unfazed as SaiDain arrived and bombarded Long Banki with it's purifying energy. With the monster down, they combined into Engine-O G12 and SaiDai GekiRinTouja who destroyed Long Banki with the Engine Beast Grand Prix. All Long could do was scream that he was defeated despite his immortality before exploding and reverting back into a sphere.
Three years later, when Jan Kandou met the Gokaigers, the still sealed Long was seen around Jan's neck.
Super Hero Taisen
In Super Hero Taisen, a version of Long is a member of the Zangyack/Shocker Alliance. In the battle, he is spotted in many scenes. In the first scene he is spotted attacking Big One, in the second scene he is fighting GingaBlue, in the third scene he is fighting AbareRed and Riderman, in the fourth he is fighting TimePink, HurricaneBlue, DynaBlue and DynaYellow, and with the Gekirangers and Den-O's, he was kneed by GekiViolet and shot by Gun Den-oh.
Super Hero Taisen Z
Another version of Long was part of an army of resurrected (mostly Super Sentai) monsters led by Space Raider after the revival of Madou Demon King Psycho. They proceeded to attack the gathering of Kamen Riders and Super Sentai, giving them a hard time. The heroes of recent years were in a pinch until the arrival of a force of Sentai and Rider reinforcements led by Akarenger and Kamen Rider Ichigo. The combined forces of superheroes were able to turn the tide against the Madou army. They lined up and used their various finisher attacks to destroy the revived monsters.
Akibaranger Season 2
Long is among the three Sentai villains summoned by General Tsu having ©Na steal the Akibarangers' summoning sequence and combines him with Yaiba of Darkness and Phantom Spy Vancuria to form the Darkness Inordinate Cannon. Later, when ©Na achieved her goal to replace the Super Sentai Series with her own Super ©Na Series, she assumes the identity of Long in her version of Juken Sentai Gekiranger with Mutoumushite added as an official Kenma.
to be added
Even in his humanoid form, Long manifested his chi in various attacks.
- Lightning Blasts-Long could fire yellow lightning from his right hand.
- Weapon Manifestation-Long could generate a bow and arrow out of thin air at will.
- Hand to Hand Combat-Long is a highly skilled martial artist capable of outmatching all five Gekirangers with his bare hands.
- Absolute Immortality: Long cannot be killed or destroyed by any normal methods and even claimed that he survived destroying the world many times (although this could be a bluff for intimidation).
- Exterior Regeneration: Long can convert his his immortality portion into an individual being, gaining a mortal body for himself. The mortal body can be regenerated as long as his immortality remains intact.
- Possession: Long could possess a undead body to revive himself.
- Height: 220 cm (59.4 m: giant)
- Weight: 100 kg (27 t: giant)
- Cursed Smoke Emission (呪煙吐 Juendo): Allows Long to create a golden cloud of Genki, using it to subjugate the target to his will. The Gengi was first used on Gou, forcing him to resume his werewolf form.
- Mystic Release (幻開放 Genkaihō): Exposes the user's Genki in its entirety.
- Turn Phantom-Storage (転臨幻納 Tenrin Gennō): A coordinator's move, converting the target's qi into Genki during the Blood-Oath Ceremony.
- All Soul Concentration (全魂集結 Zenkon Shūketsu): Long used this Gengi to revive Dan's soul and give it form as Suugu.
Genki in human form
- Mystic Body Overpowering Heavenly Change (幻身豪天変, Genshin Gōten Hen): Enlargement Gengi in battle form.
to be added
to be added
Appearances: Gekiranger Episodes 35, 40, 44, 46-47, 49.
- Height: 71.2 m
- Weight: 48.6 t
As the Mugenryu, Long assumed the form of a giant multi-headed quadraped dragon.
- Stretchable Necks: Mugenryu can stretch all eight of his necks to great length.
- Mega Durability: Mugenryu was highly durable due to his extremely thick golden scales and can withstand many punishment. Even SaiDaiOh's Great-Great Smashing Great Slash had no effect.
- Lightning Breath: Mugenryu could fire yellow colored lightning beams from the dragon head in the middle.
- Mega Beam: Mugenryu's strongest attack where he could fire massive blue colored energy beams from all eight of the dragon heads. A single blast took out GekiTohja Wolf and SaiDaiOh with one hit.
Appearances: Gekiranger Episodes 46 (past), 48.
- Height: 220 cm (59.4 m: giant)
- Weight: 239 kg (64.5 t: giant)
Possessing the deactivated body of Nunchuck Banki, Long turned his host's body into a humanoid version of his Mugenryu form.
- Durability-Multiple punches and kicks from Jan and Sosuke had no effect and even the massive combined attack of both teams failed to phase him.
- Fireball Blasts-Unlike his normal Mugenryu form, Long Banki could fire a barrage of fireballs from his various heads. These caused massive explosions but did not faze the Gekirangers or Go-Ongers.
- Enlarging-Long Banki could enlarge himself by making his eyes flash red and engulfing himself with green energy.
- Head Slam: Long Banki could stretch all eight of his necks to great length to slam into his enemies.
- Mega Fire Blast: Long Banki could fire a massive wave of fire from eight of the dragon heads. This was an upgraded of his Mega Beam ability and was his strongest attack since a single blast took out GekiRinTohjaWolf and Engine-O G9 with one hit.
Behind the Scenes
- Long is portrayed and voiced by Naoki Kawano (川野直樹, Kawano Naoki). His suit actor in his armored form is Yasuhiro Takeuchi (竹内康博, Takeuchi Yasuhiro) & Naoki Oofuji (大藤直樹 Ofuji Naoki).
- In his Mugenryu form, Long resembles a many-headed version of King Ghidorah of the Godzilla movies series.
- Long's name is derived from lóng (龙), the Mandarin word for "dragon".
- Long has two leitmotifs: "A Scheming Dragon" and "A Nightmare Reborn - Genjuuken".
- Long's Banki and human form were not adapted for Power Rangers Jungle Fury, but his Armored Form was adapted as Scorch and his Final Form was adapted as Dai Shi.
- Dai Shi - Power Rangers counterpart in Jungle Fury. See comparison page. (Role and Infinity Dragon form)
- Scorch - Power Rangers counterpart in Jungle Fury. See comparison page. (Armored Form)