|This article is about a/an episode in Juken Sentai Gekiranger.|
|WARNING: This episode contains scenes of blood. Viewer discretion is advised!|
Forty-fourth Lesson - Wafu-Wafu! Father's Melody (修行その44 ワフワフ！父ちゃんのメロディ Shugyō Sono Yonjūyon: Wafu-Wafu! Tōchan no Merodi) is the forty-fourth episode of Juken Sentai Gekiranger. It is the first of the six-episode Gekiranger endgame, focusing of Jan's final battle with his father Dan in the form of the Genjuken warrior Suugu as well as a move made by Gou Fukami to end his rivalry with Rio.
Jan becomes determined to take down Suugu to save his father's spirit, while Long forces Rio to use the general to fight GekiRed instead of going himself.
The SCRTC gang heads to a Shinto Shrine on New Years, with Jan praying for Suugu to become Dan once more, but Sha-Fu says such a wish is impossible due to Suguu's nature. Jan then vows that if his father can never return, then, at the very least, he will defeat/free him on his own. Meanwhile, Long, fearing Jan's effect on Rio would halt his true power, receives his permission to "test" Jan with Suugu and use it as an excuse to kill him. But Mele begins to ponder Long's motives after hearing Sanyo muttering of a new Rio to come soon, until she is ambushed by Gen Jū Cerberus-Ken user Kou, who reveals he's the younger brother of Braco before heading out to attack people to gain a place among the Gen Jū Generals. But as Geki Chopper, Super Geki Blue, and Super Geki Yellow battle Kou and defeat him with SaiDaiOh, Jan finds Suugu and battles him with Long watching the fight while Mele watched him from behind to know his true intent. Jan's refusal to give up allows him to defeat Suugu, yet couldn't land the deathblow due the feelings for his father. But, due to Jan's desire to hear him play his ocarina one last time, Suugu reawakens as Dan much to Long's shock. Seeing Jan to be more trouble than he thought, Long decides to kill him himself. But Suugu took the fatal hit and drove Long away before he collapses in near death. While this all occurs, Gou goes to Michelle Peng to ask for a favor, to master Brusa Ee's most powerful Geki Waza to end the Gekirangers' battle against Rio: the Heaven and Earth Disaster Strike.
- Jan Kandou (漢堂 ジャン Kandō Jan): Hiroki Suzuki (鈴木 裕樹 Suzuki Hiroki)
- Ran Uzaki (宇崎 ラン Uzaki Ran): Mina Fukui (福井 未菜 Fukui Mina)
- Retsu Fukami (深見 レツ Fukami Retsu): Manpei Takagi (高木 万平 Takagi Manpei)
- Gou Fukami (深見 ゴウ Fukami Gō): Riki Miura (三浦 力 Miura Riki)
- Ken Hisatsu (久津 ケン Hisatsu Ken): Sotaro (聡太郎 Sōtarō, Sotaro Yasuda)
- Master Sha-Fu (マスター・シャーフー Masutā Shā Fū, Voice): Ichirō Nagai (永井 一郎 Nagai Ichirō)
- Miki Masaki (真咲 美希 Masaki Miki): Kazue Itoh (伊藤 かずえ Itō Kazue)
- Michelle Peng (ミシェル・ペング Misheru Pengu, Voice): Atsuko Tanaka (田中 敦子 Tanaka Atsuko)
- Rio (理央 Rio): Hirofumi Araki (荒木 宏文 Araki Hirofumi)
- Mele (メレ Mere): Yuka Hirata (平田 裕香 Hirata Yuka)
- Bae (バエ Voice): Akira Ishida (石田 彰 Ishida Akira)
- Long (ロン Ron): Naoki Kawano (川野 直輝 Kawano Naoki)
- Sanyo (サンヨ San'yo, Voice): Hideyuki Umezu (梅津 秀行 Umezu Hideyuki)
- Suugu (スウグ Sūgu, Voice): Kenji Ohba (大葉 健二 Ōba Kenji)
- Kou (コウ Kō, Voice): Kunihiko Yasui (安井邦彦 Yasui Kunihiko)
- Kenichi: Takaya Sakoda (迫田孝也 Sakoda Takaya)
- Chie: Yuki Kurosawa (黒沢有希 Kurosawa Yuki)
- As part of Super Hero Time, this episode aired alongside Kamen Rider Den-O episode 47, My End Has Made You Cry.
- This is the sixth of seven consecutive episodes where the character themes (as sung by the actors themselves) make up the ending of Gekiranger in place of regular ending theme Tao. The sixth, Chigireta Hane, is performed by Yuka Hirata, who portrays Mele.
- The first trailer for Engine Sentai Go-Onger aired at the end of this episode.
- Viewership: 3.5%
Juken Sentai Gekiranger Volume 11 features episodes 41-44: Lesson 41: Zushi-Zushi! No More, Lesson 42: Wasshi-Wasshi Moving On!, Lesson 43: Hapi-Hapi! Merry Christmas, Osu, and Lesson 44: Wafu-Wafu! Father's Melody.