|This article is about a/an ranger in Doubutsu Sentai Zyuohger.|
- "Monarch of the Savanna! Zyuoh Lion!"
- ―Zyuoh Lion's roll call[src]
Back in Zyuland, Leo trained as a martial artist alongside Sela. At one point, the two of them faced-off in a tournament which ended with Sela defeating Leo as a result of him purposely not giving his all against her, thus throwing the fight, due to his belief that the duty of a man is to protect girls and not fight them. Sela would resent Leo for doing this as it rendered her win an empty victory.
Along with Sela, Tusk, and Amu, Leo was assigned as a guardian to the Link Cube, which had been left dormant following the taking of one of the six King's Credentials. As such, Leo was entrusted with one of the King's Credentials.
Ultimately, the whereabouts of the lost King's Credential was realized when a young man named Yamato Kazakiri accidentally entered Zyuland. Introducing him to their world, the guardians discovered the King's Credential on his person and initally believed him to be a thief only to be interrupted by a disturbance in the Link Cube. Forced to pursue Yamato when he escaped through Link Cube, the four Zyumen found human world under attacked by the Deathgalien whose team leader, Jagged, subsequently crippled the Link Cube, leaving the Zyumen stranded in the human world. Opposing the Deathgalien, the Zyumen were granted the power to transform into the Zyuohgers when their King's Credentials became the Zyuoh Changers, with Leo becoming Zyuoh Lion. Dispatching the Moeba grunts, the Zyuohgers were outmatched by Jagged until Yamato was able to transform his King's Credential as well, allowing him to become Zyuoh Eagle much to the surprise of the Zyumen, who believed that humans couldn't use their power. After defeating Jagged, Leo as well as the others bar Tusk happily accepted Yamato offer's to the stranded Zyumen of a place to live under his protection.
Finding Larry's home abandoned, the Zyuohgers discovered the Player who they met earlier, Gaburio, attempting to eat the city, as well as learning that Azarudo reconstructed himself after his defeat by Zyuoh Gorilla. After Gaburio escaped, the Zyuohgers found Larry had been rapidly aged as a result of giving Yamato his Zyuman Power. Yamato leaving in despair, the Zyumans explained and discussed his encounter with the Bird Man with Larry before being alerted to Gaburio again. Choosing not to alert Yamato right away so as to allow Larry to talk to him, Larry having learned that he could make friends with humans again after meeting Yamato and saving a little girl, Leo and the others were almost eaten by Gaburio before Yamato saved his fellow Zyuohgers and led them in defeating the monster as Zyuoh Gorilla before accessing Cube Gorilla and forming ZyuohWild for the first time to defeat the enlarged monster. Following this, the Zyuohgers said goodbye to Larry, who decided to leave and see the human world firsthand, promising that he would make sure to keep an eye out for the missing King's Credential along the way.
With Tusk setting off to confront Amu for skipping her chores, Leo along with Sela and Yamato tracked a malicious presence to a beachfront. Expecting a Deathgalien, what they found was, to their surprise, something completely different as the cyborg monster Shiomaneking emerged. Introducing himself as a member of Shocker, Shiomaneking attacked the Zyuohger trio, believing that, as they had the ability to track him, they would make excellent bases to create new cyborgs from. Transforming to face the monster, the Zyuohgers were interrupted by the arrival of Kamen Rider Ghost, Takeru Tenkuji, who was pursuing the monster as well. Making a new ally, the Zyuohgers used their combined strength to defeat Shiomaneking alongside the Kamen Rider and, after Naria grew Shiomaneking, formed ZyuohWild 6*2*3 to quickly destroy him. Catching up with Tusk and Amu, the trio saw Amu resist her turning by Cubaru to the Tiger Moeba, allowing Tusk to return her back to normal.
Leo is a lion Zyuman who is usually calm, but has a really bad temper. He is sensitive to his surroundings and cares to those weaker than himself, which is his strength. In addition, his voice gets strangely loud when he gets excited.
Powers and Abilities
- Zyuman Power (ジューマンパワー Jūman Pawā)
- The natural energy of individual Zyumen, they can bestow this energy upon other lifeforms to heal them via a King's Credential, granting the potential to unlock Zyuman powers as a side-effect in humans. However, this would come at the cost of the Zyuman's life force, thus shortening their lifespan. The process is also evidently irreversible.
- After being stranded in the human world, Leo is granted his own human form by his King's Credential which protects his identity as Zyuman. Following this, Leo can change from Zyuman to human and back at will. However, his disguise bears one exposing flaw in that he retains his lion tail.
- Sixth sense
- As a Zyuman guardian, Leo can sense malicious presences such as the Deathgalien which are signaled by his tail standing erect.
- Intense volume
- As a lion Zyuman, Leo possesses a naturally loud voice which he can use to create an offensive sonic blast by roaring. He retains this power in human form.
- Zyuoh Slash: After pressing the trigger on the Zyuoh Buster to charge up its energy, Zyuoh Lion and the other Zyuohgers transform into a giant claw that slashes the opponent. During the fight with Amigard, Zyuoh Lion performed an alternate version with Zyuoh Shark where an aura resembling a beast's fangs manifests around the opponent and chomps the opponent as the two Zyuohgers first perform a jumping downward stab followed by a lateral slash.
In his Instinct Awakened mode, Zyuoh Lion gains a pair of lion claw gauntlets that he uses to scratch his opponents as well as to perform a lightning charged super slash.
Zyuoh Lion, along with the other Zyuohgers in their Instinct Awakened forms, are able to channel their powers along with Zyuoh Gorilla power into a gigantic fist that Zyuoh Gorilla can use to pound an enemy.
Appearances: Ninninger vs ToQger, Zyuohger Episodes 1-9
Behind the Scenes
- Leo name comes from the Panthera Leo, the genus that lions belong to.
- Leo is the first male Yellow Ranger since HurricaneYellow to have a male predecessor.
- He is also the first male Yellow Ranger since HurricaneYellow to have a lion-themed mecha.