|This article is about a/an footsoldiers in Power Rangers Operation Overdrive.|
The Lava Lizards are the personal foot soldiers of Moltor. They are able to survive lava and spew out heat lasers from their mouths. As they are more powerful than Flurious' Chillers, they often are summoned in groups of fewer numbers than Chillers to compensate. At one point during the series, Moltor was able to upgrade a Lava Lizard and transform it into a lizard and dragon-like humanoid hybrid creature named Volkan. Later on, they were powered up by Thor's Hammer. In the final battle against Moltor, Mack destroyed many of them in his lair. They were all destroyed after Flurious destroyed Moltor's Volcano. They can also be seen and battled in Power Rangers: Super Legends.
The Lava Lizards are monstrous and ruthless creatures that will destroy anyone in their path.
Powers and Abilities
- Travel Fireball: The Lava Lizards can turn into a giant fireball to travel to other places faster.
- Lava Resistance: As their name applies, the Lava Lizards can survive in the lava, as shown in the final part of the two-part pilot episode "Kick into Overdrive", when Moltor tossed a Lava Lizard in the lava, with it coming out of it without a scratch.
- Mouth Heat Lasers: The Lava Lizards can spew out red or light orange colored energy lasers made of heat from their mouths.
- Mouth Lightning Lasers: In the episode "Just Like Me", when Moltor empowered and enlarged them with Thor's Hammer, they can now use an upgraded version of their mouth heat lasers where they spew out yellow colored energy lasers with red-orange lightning around them from their mouth. A single one of these blasts took the smaller sized DriveMax Ultrazord down and made it hit the ground.
- Extraordinary Leaper: The Lava Lizards can leap at an incredible distance.
- Heat Resistance: The Lava Lizards can also survive under extreme heat, as shown when they were not bothered by the burning temperature of Moltor's base.
- Speech: Lava Lizards are one of the few foot soldiers in the Power Rangers series that are capable of speech.
to be added
- Scimitars: The Lava Lizards carry large scimitars for combat.
- Energy Empowerment: The Lava Lizards can charge up their scimitars with orange energy and slash at full force toward the enemy. This was however only shown with the one that would become Volkan.
Behind the Scenes
- to be added
The Lava Lizards are covered in red scales. They wear a suit of red armor and have serpentine characteristics, including a long tail and an orange reptilian face.
to be added
- The Lava Lizards bear a slight resemblance to the Dragonzord of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, the reason for this is because their Boukenger counterparts, the Dragonoid Soldier Jaryuu, as with each primary antagonist and each individual monster of the week, were visually designed as an homage to the various robots and other mecha piloted by the protagonists of the 29 previous Super Sentai Series (except for J.A.K.Q. Dengekitai), as Boukenger was the 30th anniversary series. The Jaryuu's look was based on the Dragonzord's counterpart, the Guardian Beast Dragon Caesar of Kyōryū Sentai Zyuranger.
- In a PlayStation game called Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage!, there are a group of enemies called Lava Lizards. Additionally, they are both named after a lizard, both have a dinosaur-like appearance, and are colored red.
to be added