|This article is about a/an ranger in Power Rangers Super Samurai.|
Lauren and Jayden were separated at a very young age. Lauren was sent away in an attempt to fool the Nighloks into thinking Jayden was the true head of the Shiba Clan in order to protect her as she perfected the sealing symbol. As part of this plan, Jayden had to keep this a secret from the other Rangers.
Eventually Lauren returned to the Shiba house, and Jayden decided that he had to leave and put Lauren in charge, stating "There can only be one Red Ranger", noting that the Rangers' loyalties may be divided if he stays. Lauren notes that she'd hoped Jayden would find another way and that they could all fight together, but however, she relents. Jayden's plan ultimately backfired when Antonio decided to go after him. Mike also expressed his dissent toward this change in leadership. She trains a lot and seems not to eat much, so it is no surprise that she loves to eat Mia's cooking since she doesn't have a lot to compare it to.
She showed great skill during her training with the LightZord, countering all its hits with her Spin Sword. When Mike asked to train with her, he was beaten easily.
After Master Xandred returned and absorbed Dayu, Lauren performed the Sealing Symbol while the other Rangers distracted Xandred to buy her time to prepare it. After Lauren was done drawing the Symbol, she used it on Xandred, only to find out that Dayu's humanity protected him from the blast. After her failure to perform the Sealing Symbol, she gave leadership back to Jayden, as well as supplying the Shiba Fire disk to strike Xandred's weak spot. When the first doesn't work, a badly injured and weakened Lauren gave all the symbol power she had onto a second Shiba Fire disk. After the battle, the Power Rangers went their separate ways. While Lauren left, she promised Jayden that they'll be seeing a lot more of each other.
Lauren was not shown to have fought in the final battle between the Legendary Rangers and the Armada. Given her Sentai counterpart fought in the Legend War, it is entirely possible that she did indeed fight elsewhere.
When the Nighlok started emerging again, Jayden and Mentor Ji went off to investigate, and Lauren resumed duties as leader of the Samurai Rangers. While they were training, Lord Drakkon and his Ranger Sentries attacked the Shiba House, overpowering the team and stealing their morphers. Lauren managed to escape with her morpher, and was rescued by Jen Scotts, the Pink Time Force Ranger, and the Mighty Morphin Ranger Team.
Lauren was immediately brought to the Command Center, where she met Zordon and learnt from Jen the true extent of Lord Drakkon's ambition to seize the various Ranger worlds. When Zordon received a message from Doctor K, who revealed herself to have developed a method of neutralizing the Black Dragon Cannons that the Ranger Sentries had been using to instantly demorph Rangers, Lauren accompanied her Red Ranger counterpart, Jason Lee Scott, to the world of the Ranger Operators where they intended to retrieve Doctor K so she could adapt her defenses for the other teams. Arriving just outside of the domed city of Corinth, Lauren and Jason came to the assistance of the Ranger Operators in the latter's Tyrannosaurus Dinozord, only to find that Lord Drakkon was personally leading Sentry reinforcements in the assault on Corinth.
Video game appearances
Power Rangers Legacy Wars
The Red Samurai Ranger is among the Rangers who feature in Power Rangers Legacy Wars,She is an epic character unlocked when reaching the Shiba Grove stage. Her entire move set is based around her sword, with her spin fire sword and Kanji Fireballs as specials. Her assist is a fire sword smash.
Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid
Lauren was made available on September 15, 2020 as part of Season 3 DLC. Her attacks comprise of sword strikes and fire specials.
Red Samurai Ranger
As the Red Ranger, Lauren has access to multiple modes.
Lauren morphs using a Samuraizer (previous version) in brush mode, unlike the other Samurai Rangers. With it she morphs into her Ranger costume for close combat and ground battles. Her symbol power and Ranger form do not conflict with Jayden's Red Ranger powers and are independent.
- Samuraizer (previous version)
- Samurai Disks
- Disk Buckle
- Spin Sword
- Black Box (not in use)
- Lion FoldingZord - emblem mode
Appearances: SS Episodes 16-19
Appearances: SS Episode 16
Super Samurai Mode
For added power in close combat and ground battles, Red Ranger goes into Super Samurai Mode using the Black Box. The Rangers can only access this mode one at a time.
Appearances: SS Episode 17
Super Mega Mode
While in the Black Box's Super Mode, if a Megazord battle is necessary, the Red Ranger can morph her Spin Sword into the Mega Blade. The resulting combo is a mix of both Mega and Super modes. The Rangers can only access this mode one at a time.
- Samuraizer (previous version)
- Samurai Disks
- Super Mega Blade
Appearances: SS Episode 18
Morph and Roll Call
- Used in the Super Mega Cannon against Redker.
- Lauren is the second female Red Ranger in the Power Rangers series, preceded by Charlie from SPD. However, Lauren is the first female red chronologically, as S.P.D. takes place in 2025.
- She is also the first female Red Ranger on the side of good.
- She is also the first female Red Ranger to have a counterpart in Super Sentai, who herself has the distinction of being Super Sentai's first female Red Sentai Ranger.
- She is also the first female Ranger to replace a male Ranger of the same color in the same season. (She would later be succeeded by Kendall Morgan, who replaced Albert Smith as the purple Dino Charge Ranger).
- She is also the first Ranger to take another Ranger's place on the team in-season since S.P.D..
- Lauren is the first replacement Ranger to also be an Extra Ranger.
- Though Lauren and Jayden have their own separate, identical powers, they are not seen on-screen in Samurai Ranger forms simultaneously. However they both utilize the powers that come with being a Ranger without needing to consult each other, even in completely different locations, each using a different Morpher. Jayden did however need to give her additional powers to lead the team, which included the Samurai Disks he acquired as well as the Black Box.
- Lauren had an action figure released outside of the usual "waves" of Samurai figures as the "7th Mystery Ranger". Her package was a blind box without any hints as to who the figure might be. However, it was released in late January 2013, thus any surprise regarding the Ranger's identity had long since dissipated.
- She is the only Samurai Ranger not to have an actual morphing sequence.
- She is a playable character in Power Rangers Legacy Wars.
- Lauren was supposed to be the 18th Red Ranger, which would make Jayden, her little brother, the 19th Red Ranger, if even a Ranger at all. The same goes for Emily, who had an older sister that passed her powers down to her.
- Lauren has the least amount of screentime of any of the Samurai Rangers, appearing in only half a dozen episodes of Super Samurai.
- She does not even appear in the opening credits, despite being a Ranger.
- She does not appear, in person, in Power Rangers Super Megaforce.
- Kyle Higgins revealed at the Power Morphicon 2018 that he had to stop the romantic flirtation of the comic book versions Lauren and Jason during the Shattered Grid arc because he was informed by superiors that Lauren was about 25 during the events of Power Rangers Samurai, a fact that has never been revealed about her before.
- Power Rangers Super Samurai
- Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (Boom! Studios)
- Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (Boom! Studios) Issue 26
- Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (Boom! Studios) Issue 27
- Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (Boom! Studios) Issue 28
- Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (Boom! Studios) Issue 29
- Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (Boom! Studios) Issue 30
- Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: Shattered Grid Finale Issue 1