|This article is about a/an group of servants in Samurai Sentai Shinkenger.|
The Kuroko are the Shiba clan's servants who, like their namesakes in Japanese theatre, "set up" the scenery during the Shinkengers' transformation. At the Shiba Mansion, they clean, cook (or help Mako with her 'cooking') and hold up the map showing the location of a Gedoshu attack. The reason why they contribute to the Shinkenger's fights is because this is the only way they can contribute due to their inability to produce mojikara. Some other tasks they do in the city is:
- Help elderly people cross the street
- Pick up trash
- Help lost children find their parents
- Help citizens carry heavy packages
- Be role models to reflect proper values such as selflessness and consideration.
- Evacuate civilians away from a monster battle.
Behind the scenes
The Kuroko seen in Act 16: The Power of Kuroko were portrayed by Naoko Kamio (神尾 直子 Kamio Naoko), Masaru Ōbayashi (大林 勝 Ōbayashi Masaru), Hiroyuki Muraoka (村岡 弘之 Muraoka Hiroyuki), Hiroyuki Tanaka (田中 宏幸 Tanaka Hiroyuki), Mizuho Nogawa (野川 瑞穂 Nogawa Mizuho), Ryo Yokota (横田 遼 Yokota Ryō), Gen'ya (玄也), Hiroaki Nakamura (中村 博亮 Nakamura Hiroaki) and Makoto Endo (遠藤誠 Endō Makoto).
- Tsukasa Kadoya dressed up as a Kuroko.
- Kaoru Shiba has her own group of Kuroko, who wear slightly different robes bearing the Shiba family crest.
- They were also used in Power Rangers Super Samurai Trickster Treat.
- Samurai Sentai Shinkenger
- Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger
- Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters vs. Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger: The Movie