|This article is about a/an monster in Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.|
- "Hey, wait a second!"
- ―Knasty Knight reacting to the Megazord energizing its sword and his final words before his death.[src]
In the series
Knasty Knight was created by Rita. He was first used on Tarmac 3 where he killed its finest warrior, who fought on the side of good. Rita decided to use the knight to destroy Zack on his birthday, making his holiday his last day. Squatt & Baboo forged a sword for the Knight to use against the Power Rangers.
The Knight was on a page in Finster's spell book. After forging his sword, Rita summoned him with following incantation.
"Moon of Ivory, stars of old, candlelight that's spun of gold", "Sky of fire, wind of night, bring to me a Knasty Knight."
When Zack was alone, Rita and her minions attacked him. Zack fought with Knasty Knight for enough time, until his friends arrived. The Knight's special ability was to reflect most attacks and burn weapons. During the fight with all the Rangers, the villain damaged all their Power Weapons with a certain Black Dust. Then Rita enlarged him and during the fight with the Megazord, he broke its Power Sword. Zack realized that villain reflects the energy and the Rangers used his own strategy against him. The Megazord reflected the strike of the monster and combined it with the formation's own energy, before unleashing it on Knasty Knight, smashing his sword with a single chop and finally destroying him with an energized slash.
The Knasty Knight didn't possess a big personality besides being just a mostly mindless brute. He was shown as violent, sinister and silent warrior, determined on his mission to destroy the Rangers but he is also loyal to Rita.
Powers and abilities
- Strength: The Knasty Knight is a very strong monster, easily throwing back the combined attack of the Blade Blaster; Tower Formation after just a moment of struggle.
- Durability: The Knasty Knight took several slashes from Zack's Power Axe and the Dino Megazord's Power Sword without being fazed.
- Agility: The Knasty Knight can duck and dodge all over the place, easily defeating Zack with his superior agility.
- Super Jumps: The Knasty Knight can jump about 30 foot into the air judging by how high he and Zack leapt into the air in relation to the hills behind them.
- Sword: Knasty Knight wields a massive long sword that Rita forged for him to use in battle.
- Weapon Damaging: The Knasty Knight will damage his enemies' weapons just by running his sword's blade along with it, rendering them useless.
- Energy Blast: The Knasty Knight can fire red energy beans from his sword powerful enough to take down all five Rangers.
- Shield: The Knasty Knight wields a high indestructible shield that he can use to block regular and even energy attacks.
- Attack Reflection: The Knasty Knight can throw back energy attacks using his shield, as shown when he did this with the Blade Blaster Tower Formation attack.
- Shoulder-Mace: In addition to his sword and shield, Knasty Knight was also armed with a spiked mace attached to his left shoulder. However. it was never used as an actual weapon.
Behind The Scenes
- The Knasty Knight was voiced by Tom Wyner.
- The Knasty Knight is the first monster to only speak when he was giant instead of when human-sized where he just grunted and roared.
- The Knasty Knight's counterpart actually used his mace in Zyuranger but they could not use the shot since it was only used on unmorphed Goushi/Mammoth-Ranger fighting against Goushi. It is entirely possible that the two battles are one and the same. Knasty Knight appeared on Tarmac 3, making "space dust" of its finest warrior, one of Zordon's soldiers, then taking the Sword of Darkness.
- Knasty Knight's shield is a black variant of the symbol of the Royal Arms of England, represented by three lions used as a symbol of the House of Plantagenet who ruled the nation from 1154 to 1485.
- The shield may be in reference to Edward the Black Prince, son of King Edward III of England who helped fight against the French during the Hundred Years War.