|This article is about a/an ranger in Shuriken Sentai Ninninger.|
- "The Shinning Star! Starninger"
- ―StarNinger's roll call[src]
- "Shinobi who Party Night"
- ―Pre-fight catchphrase[src]
Kinji Takigawa was born in America. He met Yoshitaka Igasaki years ago and impressed by his ninja technique. He begged him to be taught of his ninja technique, but rejected due being stated of lack Nintality and being challenged to defeat him if he really wanted to very hard. As Yoshitaka had gone, he began his own training by copying some of Yoshitaka's ninjutsu he had seen.
Arrival to Japan
As time goes, for unknown reason he had his own StarNinger's arsenal and arrived to Japan after finishing his own training.
He first appeared on his Otomo Nin when witnessing the Ninningers' battle against Youkai Nekomata. Impressed by the Last Ninja's grandchildren, he decides to withdraw. Originally, he tried to search for the End Shuriken in hopes for it's power so that he can defeat Yoshitaka. However to his disappointment, he learns that the Sealing Shuriken-imbued Youkai does not contain such item, evidenced with one Youkai he kills before. He attacked Yoshitaka as promised to become his pupil if he won, being mistaken as trying to kill him by Takaharu.
Takaharu, Yakumo, and Fuuka lured and fought Kinji, only to be defeated easily by him. As time went, Takaharu learned that Kinji is not evil. After defeating Daidarabotchi, Kinji received a new challenge from Yoshitaka to defeat his grandchildren so he would become his pupil.
As mentioned by Fuuka (and presumably other Ninningers), Kinji bears likeness to Takaharu, since both are fans of Yoshitaka Igasaki and wishes to follow his path as the Last Ninja. Due to this, he labels himself with the title of Youkai Hunter, hunting Youkai to become stronger. Ever since he learned of Yoshitaka being a Ninja, Kinji displays fanaticism over things related to ninjas and Youkai, even likes to take pictures and footprints of any Youkai he comes across with.
- Bison Buggy
Behind the Scenes
Kinji Takigawa is portrayed by Hideya Tawada (多和田 秀弥 Tawada Hideya).
As StarNinger, his suit actor is currently unknown.
- StarNinger so far is:
- the first Gold Ranger to be in a ninja-themed Sentai.
- the first Ranger to be based on a cowboy.
- Of course, when Ninninger becomes adapted into Power Rangers, his American counterpart may be the second cowboy ranger, as there was already a team of them before. However, whether they truly count as a real cowboy team (using modified Zyuranger/MMPR suits) or not is up for debate.
- Similar to previous 6th Ninja Sentai member, he has a strings instrument based weapon.
Hikaru • Hiroto • Genta • Masato • Utsusemimaru • Kinji • Balance • Noel • Canalo
|View • Edit|