|This article is about a/an villain in Bakuryuu Sentai Abaranger.|
KillerGhost (キラーゴースト, Kirāgōsuto, 30 & 31):
KillerGhost is a monster-clone created by Mikoto Nakadai using a Life Berry and modelled after AbareKiller himself in Abare Mode, with Mikoto speaking through the monster. KillerGhost is so powerful that it manages to capture 5 of the Bakuryuu, as part of Mikoto's sick game: The Abarangers have to destroy KillerGhost or their friends are going to be melted down. .
However, the Bakuryuu manages to withstand the heat so Mikoto decides to place them all under his control unless the Abarangers defeat KillerGhost. However, Killer Ghost proves to be strong enough to defeat the Rangers until the StyRiser is activated and the other Abarangers give their Dino Guts to Ryouga, allowing him to become AbareMax for the first time and kill the monster just in time. KillerGhost does not grow for a second time since its Life Berry does not survive its explosion,
KillerGhost is later revived by Rejewel who recreates it with a Life Berry as Rejeweloid: KillerGhost Generation II ((ジュエロイド・キラーゴーストII世 Rijueroido Kirāgosuto Nisei) which also upgrades it with more power than before and to act as a medium for her voice. It is made giant sized, fighting AbarenOh and overpowering the robo, until it gains a Dino Guts power-boost, and impales the monster through a mountain with the Tyrano Drill. Though it explodes, KillerGhost survives albeit forcibly shrunk down to human size where it is killed forever by Asuka's Circle Moon. Due to already having enlarged beforehand, its Life Berry is spent and is thus unable to enlarge it for a second time.
Both versions of KillerGhost were incapable of speech besides animalistic screeches though Mikoto was able to speak through it. However, they were very loyal to their masters and the Evolians.
Powers and Abilities
- Storm Summoning: KillerGhost was able to cause a huge storm to appear.
- Self-Growth: KillerGhost was able to make itself grow to giant size at will without needing to be destroyed first.
- Shrinking- KillerGhost was able to shrink back down to human size as well.
- Invisibility: KillerGhost could turn invisible at will.
- Flight: Being a pterodactyl-like monster, KillerGhost could fly in high speed thanks to the wings behind its back.
- Flight Attack: KillerGhost could also utilize its flight for offense by slamming through its enemies mid-flight.
- Capture Bubbles: KillerGhost could conjure up clear bubbles from its hands and throw them to capture a Bakyryuu.
- Chest Dimensional Storage: KillerGhost possessed a separate storage-like dimension in the spike located on the middle of its chest that allowed it to store all the Bakaryuu that it captured.
- Furnace: KillerGhost's chest dimension could also burn the Bakaryuu to death but this was abandoned when the Bakuryuu proved to be immune immune.
- Lightning Vision: KillerGhost could fire red, orange, or yellow colored lightning beams from its eyes that took down the three main Abarangers with a single blast.
- Laser Blasts: KillerGhost could fire red, orange, or blue lightning lasers from its hands. A single blast was powerful enough to blast the three main Abarangers off of a building onto the hard concrete below.
- Tractor Beam: KillerGhost could fire a light blue lightning-like tractor beam from its hands that could grab an enemy and allowed it to throw them around.
- Super Speed: Due to being based upon Mikoto, KillerGhost could run at very high speeds.
- Quick Attack: KillerGhost could utilize its speed for offense by repeatedly slamming through its enemies. This was strong enough to rip apart AbarenOh with three hits.
- Extraordinary Jumper: KillerGhost could jump to incredible heights.
- Strength: KillerGhost was one of the stronger monsters, being able to best AbareOh Megazord and four Abarangers in battle.
- Durability: KillerGhost was able to to withstand the Rangers' Abare Sabers and Ryouga's Tyranno Rod without being fazed. Not even its own laser blasts Lasers did anything more than knock it down for a moment.
to be added
- Claws: KillerGhost possessed no real weapons but had clawed hands for combat.
Powers and Abilities
- Self-Growth: KillerGhost Generation II was able to make itself grow to giant size at will without needing to be destroyed first.
- Lightning Bolts: KillerGhost Generation II could fire red or yellow lightning bolts either the core on ots forehead. The one from its forehead wiped out AbarenOh with one blast.
- Extraordinary Jumper: KillerGhost Generation II could jump at incredible heights like the previous version from before.
- Strength: KillerGhost Generation II was far stronger than its original counterpart, throwing around four Rangers and nearly killing them all.
- Durability: KillerGhost Generation II was able to withstand laser blasts from the Raptor Cycles without getting a scratch. He also got out unscathed when AbaRed crashed him into a car.
to be added
- Claws: KillerGhost Generation II had clawed hands for combat like the previous version from before.
Behind the Scenes
- Due to being incapable of speech, KillerGhost was not voiced but Mikoto could speak through it and thus it was occasionally voiced by Koutaro Tanaka. Its suit actor was Takeshi Mizutan.
- The screeches of KillerGhost were reused sounds of Gigan, a Kaiju belonging to Toho Productions.
to be added
- Its name was based upon AbareKiller.
to be added
- Bakuryuu Sentai Abaranger
- Toei's page on KillerGhost (from the Internet Archive)
- Toei's page on KillerGhost Generation II (from the Internet Archive)