- "Polishing my ability, I cut open my future. Amazing Ability, GekiChopper!"
- ―GekiChopper's roll call
Ken Hisatsu (久津 ケン Hisatsu Ken) is GekiChopper (ゲキチョッパー Geki Choppā) the fifth member of the Gekirangers, colored white with orange accents in a suit that resembles a karate gi.
He is a lazy prodigy who trained at the Beast Origin Village and mastered one of the oldest fighting styles in the Beast Arts: the karate-styled Fierce Beast Rhinoceros-Fist (激獣ライノセラス拳 Gekijū Rainoserasuken) as a way to get over the pain of losing his mother at a young age. Ken was originally to aid Ran Uzaki and Retsu Fukami, but he left to travel abroad since his GekiChangers were busted. Furthermore, he sold the Virtuous Beast Sword that Sha-Fu gave him for traveling money.
He is a free spirit as well, not letting his own talents and family ties to the Fierce Beast-Fist be all he's known for. Ken can utilize the Fierce Ki Hard Diamond (激気研鑽 Geki Kensan), a genius technique in which he condenses his Fierce Ki into a diamond blade on his hand with which can cut through anything. However, his laziness and frequent complaining get in the way. He eventually manifested Extreme Ki on Christmas Eve out of his passion for the holidays. He frequently uses the word "Osu" (押忍), which is a term in karate meaning "patience with myself and others." He also uses "kenzan," an archaic Japanese word that means "Just arrived" and is also a pun on his name, Ken. Using the SoZyuTo, he can summon and control Beast-Fist God SaiDain/Beast-Fist Giant God SaiDaiOh.
During the final battle, Ken, alongside the other Fierce Beast Fist users, including the Fist Sages, keep Long at bay until Jan Kandou, Ran, and Retsu return. He witnesses the three Gekirangers defeating Long and sealing his powers. After the battle is over, Ken returns to work at SCRTC Meisters. Jan meets up with Ken to say farewell one last time before setting off on his own journey.
Go-Onger vs. Gekiranger
To be added
A few years later, Ken fought alongside not only his own team, but every single Sentai ranger in existence, against the Empire of Zangyack when it attacked the Earth in the Great Legend War. After fighting against hundreds of Gormin and their Zgormin commanders. AkaRenger noticed the fleet moving towards them, he gathered all the Rangers together and gave them the order to sacrifice their powers to wipe out the first invasion's armada. Ep. 1: The Space Pirates Appear Gokaiger Goseiger Super Sentai 199 Hero Great Battle
Farewell Space Pirates
After the defeat of Ackdos Gill, Captain Marvelous returned all the Ranger Keys to the former Sentai heroes. It is assumed Ken and his teammates received their keys allowing for them to utilize their powers once again. Final Ep.: Farewell Space Pirates
Super Hero Taisen
Ken, alongside his team (Rio and Mele were absent), among the majority of the Super Sentai heroes, was caught up in the "Super Hero Taisen" incident which eventually resulted in the Super Sentai teams and Kamen Riders joining forces to defeat both Dai-Zangyack and Dai-Shocker. He is seen fighting Bat Imagin. Kamen Rider × Super Sentai: Super Hero Taisen
Zyuohger vs. Ninninger
GekiChopper appeared with his team among the first 38 Super Sentai whom collectively empowered Wild Tousai Shuriken King in its fight against the titanic Gillmarda, granting the Ninningers and Zyuohgers the power to perform the Zyuoh Ninnin Super Sentai Burst which destroyed Gillmarda with the combined power of all 40 Super Sentai. Doubutsu Sentai Zyuohger vs. Ninninger: Message from the Future from Super Sentai
Super Sentai Strongest Battle
Ken joined the Super Sentai Strongest Battle as a member of Extra Warrior Team. It’s unknown whether he participated in any of the matches, but his team lost the competition either in the first round against the Scientist Team offscreen or won against them and lost in the second round against Gilded Team offscreen.
Video game appearances
- Ken Hisatsu/GekiChopper: to be added
Super Sentai Battle Base
GekiChopper is among the vast pantheon of Rangers which are available in the mobile game Super Sentai Battle Base.
Super Sentai Legend Wars
GekiChopper appears with his team among all Sentai in the mobile game Super Sentai Legend Wars.
Although Ken possesses only basic Geki energy, the sheer power of his Fierce Ki Hard Diamond technique enables him to fight on the same level as Gou with his Fierce Violet Ki or the others with their Kageki
- Rhinoceros-Fist Gekiwaza
An ancient Gekiwaza of Brusa Ee that Ken mastered with his Fierce Ki Hard Diamond technique.
- Sharp-Sharp Blade (鋭鋭刀 Ei Ei Tō): Used with SaiBlade Cutter Mode, a powerful slash of the SaiBlade
- Beast Origin Style Sharp-Sharp Blade (獣源流鋭鋭刀 Jūgenryū Ei Ei Tō): A stronger version of the attack.
- Sharp-Sharp Extreme Ki Slash (鋭鋭過激気斬 Ei Ei Kageki Zan): Using the power of muni-muni (teamwork), Super GekiRed and GekiChopper combine the Super GekiClaw and SaiBlade into the Super SaiBlade. Super GekiRed then uses Extreme Ki Infusion on GekiChopper who is now able performs a powerful slash, creating the Extreme Ki Hard Diamond (過激気研鑽 Kageki Kensan) power.
- Sharp-Sharp Extreme Ki Slash Christmas Special (鋭鋭過激気斬クリスマススペシャル Ei Ei Kageki Zan Kurisumasu Supesharu):
- Twist-Twist Bullet (捻捻弾 Nen Nen Dan): GekiChopper uses the SaiBlade Finger mode to fire a rapid barrage.
- Super Twist-Twist Bullet (超捻捻弾 Chō Nen Nen Dan): GekiChopper fires a single powerful projectile from the SaiBlade Finger.
- Twist-Twist Bullet: Inner-Unrest (捻捻弾・乱れ撃ち Nen Nen Dan: Midareuchi): GekiChopper uses the SaiBlade Finger mode to fire a multi-rapid barrage.
- Many-Many Slash (千千斬 Sen Sen Zan): Flipping through the air, GekiChopper uses his Fierce Ki Hard Diamond with the SaiBlade Cutter to perform multiple slashes on an opponent.
- SaiDaiOh Gekiwaza
Techiques utilized by SaiDaiOh as controlled by GekiChopper.
- Break Big Burst Connect (砕大爆連 Sai Dai Bakuren): SaiDaiOh sticks his sword in the ground, leaving a trail of explosions.
- Big Ice Floe Mountain (大氷塊山 Dai Hyōkai Zan): SaiDaiOh spins his sword very fast, creating a freezing storm.
- Great-Great Break Big Slash (大大砕大斬 Dai Dai Sai Dai Giri): The Break Big Sword's blade extends at the enemy and slashes them, forming a "Great" (大 Dai) mark on the opponent.
The GekiChopper Ranger Key (ゲキチョッパーレンジャーキー Geki Choppā Renjā Kī) is Ken Hisatsu's personal Ranger Key and what became of his powers after he along with the rest of the 34 Super Sentai sacrificed their powers to end the Great Legend War.
This key along with the majority of the Ranger Keys were collected by the Red Pirates and later used by the Gokaigers. The GekiChopper Ranger Key was mainly used by Ahim de Famille (Gokai Pink), who used it to fight as GekiChopper.
After Zangyack were finally defeated, the Gokaigers gave the Ranger Keys back to their rightful owners. It is presumed that Ken received his key and became GekiChopper once more.
After transforming into GekiChopper, Ken says, "Refined ability, the future cut open by one's self. 'Amazing Ability,' GekiChopper" (才を磨いて、己の未来を切り開く 「アメイジング・アビリティ」 ゲキチョッパー！ Sai o migaite, onore no mirai o kirihiraku. "Ameijingu Abiritī," Geki Choppā!).
Behind the scenes
Ken Hisatsu is portrayed by Sotaro (聡太郎 Sōtarō, Sotaro Yasuda). As GekiChopper, his suit actor was Jun Watanabe (渡辺 淳 Watanabe Jun).
In the Korean dub of Gekiranger entitled Power Rangers Wild Spirits, which aired in South Korea, while his Ranger designation is WildRhino.
- Ken shares a unique legacy only possessed by himself and Soukichi Banba of J.A.K.Q. Dengekitai: both are the only main-team male White Rangers (as classified by Gokaiger), yet both came much later in the run of the series when 6th or Bangai Heroes would typically appear.
- Ken is the only member of his team to wear a belt with his Ranger Suit.
- While Ken is officially a White Ranger, he technically also represents the color orange; this is similar to Swan Shiratori who also had white and orange, but is stated to be an Orange due to another Dekaranger as the team White.
- He is the only Gekiranger to not create his own Gekibeast, instead summoning one with a different method.
- He is the third male ranger to take the place of the team's Pink Ranger.