|This article is about a/an ally/ranger in Power Rangers in Space, the last installment in the Zordon Era, and Power Rangers Lost Galaxy.|
|This character is also known as the villain, Astronema|
|"I love being a Power Ranger"|
|―Karone proud of herself as a Ranger[src]|
She is also referred to as Pink Galaxy Ranger or Lost Galaxy Pink Ranger - variations on her in-show label, though the latter is more in reference to the show than a proper label.
- 1 History
- 2 Split History
- 3 Personality and Traits
- 4 Powers and Abilities
- 5 Family
- 6 Galaxy Pink
- 7 Behind the Scenes
- 8 Notes
- 9 Appearances
- 10 See Also
- 11 References
|This article contains content in reference to the main TV series, as well as supplemental material, such as the comics. A sliding/floating timeline applies. Story instances for TV and other media will be clearly marked.|
Heir to Darkness
However, she was unable to realize her dream when she was kidnapped as a child by the evil bounty hunter, Darkonda. Darkonda took her to be raised by Ecliptor to be evil, and she was named K-60102, also called by Kay, who was brought up to competer to be the heir to the throne of Dark Specter.
After being kidnapped by Darkonda from her home planet, Karone became the new apprentice of Ecliptor by order of Dark Specter. She is one of the selected children by trusted generals, hand-picked and molded into warriors capable of competing for the honor of being heir to Dark Specter's empire. After a few years, she attacked most of the Prism Rangers, but only managed to get the Pink Ranger of that team as the others escaped (later lying to Ecliptor by saying that she killed the all). Astronema tried to get Zordon's location from the Pink Ranger, but when she refused, Astronema killed her by crushing her spine. Kay then had to fight her adoptive sister Dee for the heir, she eventually bested Dee and proceeded to face her inner conflict. After much struggling, Kay received her heir, and Dark Specter called her "Astronemma".
Encountering the Omega Rangers
Astronema went to the bar to attack the Red, and Black Omega Rangers. She continued fighting them until the SPD arrived to arrest them. Astronema and Zack shared a cell, where she attacked the latter until the SPD cadets activated barriers between them. Zack then tried to reason with Astronema when she mentioned that the Power Rangers "killed" her family. 
- Main Article: Astronema
For almost a year Astronema tried to destroy the Space Rangers. When Andros discovered Astronema's true identity, he did everything in his powers to reform her. He very nearly succeeded, even making her an honorary Power Ranger, until she was captured once again by Dark Specter and brainwashed.
In the finale of Power Rangers: In Space (Countdown to Destruction), Andros destroyed the energy tube of the great wizard, Zordon. Once destroyed, it released a wave of purifying energy that eradicated all evil. This wave removed Astronema's programming, reverting her back to Karone. Restored, she returned to Earth with Andros and the other Rangers.
Some time later, in the season Power Rangers: Lost Galaxy, Karone, disguised as Astronema, was present on the planet Onyx when the Pink Quasar Saber was on auction, the Quasar Saber had previously been lost when its previous owner, Kendrix Morgan, had died to save Cassie. Although her cover was blown by Trakeena, Karone successfully stole the Quasar Saber and sought to return it to the space colony Terra Venture, where the Lost Galaxy Power Rangers were stationed.
When she risked her life to protect the powerful weapon, the spirit of Kendrix appeared and saved her. Kendrix passed on the Pink Transmorpher, allowing Karone to become the second Pink Galaxy Ranger. She had finally achieved her dream of becoming a Power Ranger. During this time, Karone became bubbly and youthful as her childish behavior was due to missing out on her childhood due to being Astronema.
Karone remained the Pink Ranger until Terra Venture crashed on Mirinoi after Trakeena’s defeat. She returned the Pink Quasar Saber to its altar, which resurrected Kendrix.
The Trial of Astronema
Karone stands trial by the different alien species who lived in fear when Karone was Astronema. Before Karone can answer the judges, Andros, Maya, and Leo Corbett arrived to act as her lawyers. A green dragon-like alien sadly exclaimed that Astronema killed his people and recorded their agony. Anubis Cruger tells the court that Karone doesn't deserve to be the Pink Galaxy Ranger because she gave the codes to deactivate the Sirius planetary shield to Emperor Gruumm when the Sirians refused to work for her.
The rangers tried to explain all the good that Karone had done. When the judges calls for a recess, Leo and Andros tried to think of a way to prove Karone is innocent, but this angers Karone as she is still responsible for her crimes, and she should accept her fate despite Andros's protest. When the Trial continued, Astronema suddenly appeared proving to the crowd that Karone is innocent. Using the distraction, Karone and the others quickly went back to the Astro Megaship. When it turned out that Astronema was a hologram, Karone was furious that Andros wouldn't let her face her punishment admitting that she was a ranger so she can be a better person with choices that she won't let Andros take from, so she requested him to let her be for now. Later Maya tried to comfort her, but Karone wasn't okay. But she says she will be someday.
The Psycho Path
Some time after the trial, Karone realized that she wanted to be by herself in order to reconcile with her past and she went back to KO-35 without telling anyone. Her planet was eventually attacked by the Psycho Rangers, who mysteriously revived with a new member and were looking for her, Karone decided to go with them in order to prevent more inocent lives from being lost.
After being taken and strapped to a chair in the Psycho mothership, she meets her "brother" Trek, the Psycho Green Ranger who claims they are related as both were children of Dark Specter in their own ways. Trek told Karone that he wanted to bring Astronema back so that they can be a family again but Karone convinced Trek that her evil self was still there, as it was always a part of her and the two spend time training the Psycho Rangers.
She treated the Psychos with more kindness, slowly influencing them with her good feedback so that they could be redeemed. Andros arrived a month later at the mothership in order to rescue her but this only caused the Psychos to be more conflicted about their past and current goals, once Karone finds her brother again and tells him everything she had accomplished in trying to reform the five main Psycho Rangers, but Andros doesn't believe that they deserve redemption after what they did to Kendrix.
The two then go to Psycho Green's secret lab but Andros later revealed that he wanted to destroy the data cards to ensure that the Psychos never return, this made Karone attack Andros until he fell unconscious, much to her regret. Karone along with the other five Psychos then defeated Trek, she later lets the Psychos go and brought Andros to his team, after the fight Karone tells Andros the truth but asks him to lie to his team about the fate of the Psychos , which he does but later tells Karone that he feels betrayed by her due to everything she did.
Before returning to Earth, Karone removed her Quasar Saber from the altar. After arriving, she witnessed the destruction upon Harwood County by the devastating power of the Emperor and his Armada. Karone joined with her Galaxy Ranger teammates Leo Corbett and Damon Henderson to help refugees go into hiding. She later assisted the Super Megaforce Rangers in the final battle with the Legendary Rangers. She then returns to Mirinoi.
Karone doesn't appear personally in Power Rangers Beast Morphers, but she is seen in the Beast Morphers Rangers' archive footage. Many years later, Astronema had been mentioned among the villains: Koragg, The Knight Wolf, Lord Zedd, Psycho Red and King Mondo, who could be resurrected by Evox. She was Robo Roxy's choice but it does not happen, because Robo-Blaze remarks that Astronema turned good, same goes for Koragg based on Robo-Blaze's remark to Robo-Roxy.
Beyond the Grid
As Promethea takes damage from being taken into “The Void”, the heroic Astronema's Ranger powers begin to fail in the reactor room, and she is saved by her brother Andros. When the new Rangers leave the ship to answer a distress call, Karone, as one of the few remaining powered Rangers, is left in charge of the Promethea. The distress call turns out to be a trap, though, which allowed the Solar Ranger to sneak aboard the ship and steal the powers of the Green Psycho Dagger and Karone’s powers before fleeing.
When the timeline is restored, so is Karone.
Personality and Traits
After reforming from her stint as Astronema, Karone displayed a caring and loving personality. One of her major traits after her reform is her passion of being a Power Ranger, a childhood dream that she shared with her brother and a task she takes very seriously.
She is shown to have very fast adaptability. She is able to utilize the Galaxy Rangers powers very quickly, enough to synchronize with the team and master the zords on the spot.
Perhaps due to her sheltered upbringing Karone has displayed a naive, almost child-like personality at times. She generally has a bubbly, fun-loving demeanor. Inspite of this, the guilt of her former deeds as Astronema weighs heavily on her, making her feel at times that she doesn't deserve to be happy.
Powers and Abilities
- Telekinesis: She can move objects with her mind, just like her brother Andros.
- Parents (mentioned)
- Mother (mentioned)
- Andros - Brother
- Ecliptor - Foster Father
- Dee - Foster Sister
- Trek - Honorary Brother
Appearances: LG Episodes 32-45, SM Episodes 20 & LBEV
Morph and Roll Call
Behind the Scenes
- Karone is played by Melody Perkins. As the Pink Galaxy Ranger, her suit actor in Super Sentai footage from Gingaman was Motokuni Nakagawa (中川 素州 Nakagawa Motokuni), & her suit actor in U.S. footage was Kazuhiro Yokoyama (横山 和博 Yokoyama Kazuhiro) who served as Kendrix.
Karone's concept art was designed by Guiseppe Gafaro and colored by Marcelo costa
- She is the first known villain to be blood-related to a Power Ranger (Andros).
- She is the first main villain to become a Power Ranger, reformed or otherwise.
- Karone is tied with Orion for the second shortest tenure as a Ranger, only lasting 14 episodes. (Zenowing now has the shortst tenure with only 7 episodes).
- Despite having the shortest Ranger tenure, Katherine Hillard holds the record for shortest amount of time with a particular Ranger power, only having the powers of the Pink Ninja Ranger for 11 episodes. This is not counting temporary powers.
- Her morph is an edit of Kendrix's, only having her face pasted overtop of the original instead of having her own.
- Unlike her teammates (and Rangers in general), Karone's ensemble is composed completely of black and silver. She wears only a pink headband or hair tie.
- The writer of the Power Rangers: Wild Force episode "Forever Red," Amit Bhaumik, said in an interview on the Power Rangers Network website that he wanted to bring back Melody Perkins for a cameo appearance as Karone, as he felt she was one of the better characters on Power Rangers. However, due to the episode's 22-minute running time, many intended cameos Bhaumik had planned, including Karone, were omitted from the final shooting script.
- Karone in the Japanese dub is voiced by Ai Orikasa.
- Despite Kendrix having the Pink Lost Galaxy Powers back in Trakeena's Revenge two-part episode of Power Rangers Lightspeed Rescue, Karone is still able to use them in Power Rangers Super Megaforce.
- Karone is the only Power Ranger to have two Legend Shifts, one for her as the Pink Galaxy Ranger and one for her when she was Astronema.
- According in an interview with Christopher Khayman Lee, the producers considered on making Karone into a US-exclusive Lost Galaxy Purple Ranger, even forshadowed with her purple flightsuit.
- Kay’s number (60102) is the season and episodes in which she was revealed in season 6, episodes 1 and 2.
- Saya - Super Sentai counterpart in Gingaman. See comparison page.
- Shibolena - Super Sentai counterpart in Megaranger. See comparison page. Astronema's counterpart
- Kendrix Morgan - the original Pink Galaxy Ranger that Karone temporarily replaced after her death Later revived At The end of the series.
- Makoto Jin - First replacement for a deceased Sentai Ranger.
- Jun Yabuki - First female replacement for a deceased Sentai Ranger.