|This article is about a/an ally/ranger in Power Rangers in Space, the last installment in the Zordon Era, and Power Rangers Lost Galaxy.|
|This character is also known as the villain, Astronema|
- "I love being a Power Ranger"
- ―Karone proud of herself as a Ranger[src]
She is also referred to as Pink Galaxy Ranger or Lost Galaxy Pink Ranger - variations on her in-show label, though the latter is more in reference to the show than a proper label.
- 1 History
- 2 Split History
- 3 Personality and Traits
- 4 Powers and Abilities
- 5 Galaxy Pink
- 6 Family
- 7 Notes
- 8 Behind the Scenes
- 9 Appearances
- 10 See Also
- 11 References
|This article contains content in reference to the main TV series, as well as supplemental material, such as the comics. A sliding/floating timeline applies. Story instances for TV and other media will be clearly marked.|
However, she was unable to realize her dream when she was kidnapped as a child by the evil bounty hunter, Darkonda. Darkonda took her to be raised by Ecliptor to be evil, and she was named K-60102, also called by Kay, who was brought up to competer to be the heir to the throne of Dark Specter, the grand monarch of evil. After winning a tournament becomes the Princess of Evil, Astronema.
Kidnapped by Darkonda from her home planet, Karone is the new apprentice of Ecliptor by order of the Dark Specter. She is one of the selected children by trusted generals, hand-picked and molded into warriors capable of competing for the honor of being heir to Dark Specter's empire. She then had to fight her adoptive sister Dee for the heir, when she was done. She had to face her inner conflict. After much struggling, Kay received her heir, and Dark Specter called her Astronema. She then decided to travel to Onyx with Ecliptor to kill the Omega Rangers. At some point, Astronema killed most of the Prism Rangers with the Green Ranger escaping. Astronema tried to get Zordon's location from the Pink Ranger. When she refused, Astronema killed her by crushing her spine.
- Main Article: Astronema
For almost a year Astronema tried to destroy the Space Rangers. When Andros discovered Astronema's true identity, he did everything in his powers to reform her. He very nearly succeeded, even making her an honorary Power Ranger, until she was captured once again by Dark Specter and brainwashed.
In the finale of Power Rangers: In Space (Countdown to Destruction), Andros destroyed the energy tube of the great wizard, Zordon. Once destroyed, it released a wave of purifying energy that eradicated all evil. This wave removed Astronema's programming, reverting her back to Karone. Restored, she returned to Earth with Andros and the other Rangers.
Some time later, in the season Power Rangers: Lost Galaxy, Karone, disguised as Astronema, was present on the planet Onyx when the Pink Quasar Saber was on auction, the Quasar Saber had previously been lost when its previous owner, Kendrix Morgan, had died to save Cassie. Although her cover was blown by Trakeena, Karone successfully stole the Quasar Saber and sought to return it to the space colony Terra Venture, where the Lost Galaxy Power Rangers were stationed.
When she risked her life to protect the powerful weapon, the spirit of Kendrix appeared and saved her. Kendrix passed on the Pink Transmorpher, allowing Karone to become the second Pink Galaxy Ranger. She had finally achieved her dream of becoming a Power Ranger. During this time, Karone became bubbly and youthful as her childish behavior was due to missing out on her childhood due to being Astronema.
Karone remained the Pink Ranger until Terra Venture crashed on Mirinoi after Trakeena’s defeat. She returned the Pink Quasar Saber to its altar, which resurrected Kendrix.
The Trial of Astronema
Karone stand trial by the different alien species who lived in fear when Karone was Astronema. Before Karone can answer the judges, Andros, Maya, and Leo Corbett arrived to act as her lawyers. A green dragon-like alien sadly exclaimed that Astronema killed his people and recorded their agony. Anubis Cruger tells the court that Karone doesn't deserve to be the Pink Galaxy Ranger because she gave the codes to deactivate the Sirius shield to Emperor Gruumm when the Sirians refused to work for her. The rangers tried to explained all the good that Karone had done. When the judges calls for a recess, Leo and Andros tried to think of a way to prove Karone is innocent, but this angers Karone as she is still responsible for her crimes, and she should accept her fate despite Andros's protest. When the Trial continued, Astronema suddenly appeared proving to the crowd that Karone is innocent. Using the distraction, Karone and the others quickly went back to the Astro Megaship. When it turned out that Astronema was a hologram, Karone was furious that Andros wouldn't let her face her punishment admitting that she was a ranger so she can be a better person with choices that she won't let Andros take from, so she requested him to let her be for now. Later Maya tried to comfort her, but Karone wasn't okay. But she will eventually.
The Psycho Path
- to be added
Legacy of Power
Before returning to Earth, Karone removed her Quasar Saber from the altar. After arriving, she witnessed the destruction upon Harwood County by the devastating power of the Emperor and his Armada. Karone joined with her Galaxy Ranger teammates Leo Corbett and Damon Henderson to help refugees go into hiding.
She later assisted the Super Megaforce Rangers in the final battle with the Legendary Rangers. She then returns to Mirinoi.
Encountering the Omega Rangers
Astronema went to the bar to attack the Red, and Black Omega Rangers. She continued fighting them until the SPD arrived to arrest them. Astronema and Zack shared a cell, where she attacked the latter until the SPD cadets activated barriers between them. Zack then tried to reason with Astronema when she mentioned that the Power Rangers "killed" her family. 
”Beyond the Grid”
As Promethea takes damage from being taken into “The Void”, the heroic Astronema's Ranger powers begin to fail in the reactor room, and she is saved by her brother Andros. When the new Rangers leave the ship to answer a distress call, Karone, as one of the few remaining powered Rangers, is left in charge of the Promethea. The distress call turns out to be a trap, though, which allowed the Solar Ranger to sneak aboard the ship and steal the powers of the Green Psycho Dagger and Karone’s powers before fleeing.
When the timeline is restored, so is Karone.
Personality and Traits
After reforming from her stint as Astronema, Karone displayed a caring and loving personality. One of her major traits after her reform is her passion of being a Power Ranger, a childhood dream that she shared with her brother and a task she takes very seriously.
She is shown to have very fast adaptability. She is able to utilize the Galaxy Rangers powers very quickly, enough to synchronize with the team and master the zords on the spot.
Perhaps due to her sheltered upbringing Karone has displayed a naive, almost child-like personality at times. She generally has a bubbly, fun-loving demeanor. Inspite of this, the guilt of her former deeds as Astronema weighs heavily on her, making her feel at times that she doesn't deserve to be happy.
Powers and Abilities
Telekinesis: She can move objects with her mind, just like her brother Andros.
Appearances: LG Episodes 32-45, SM Episodes 20 & LBEV
Morph and Roll Call
- She is the first known villain to be blood-related to a Power Ranger (Andros); the second would be Lothor (Cam's uncle) and the third would be Tenaya 7 (Dillon's sister).
- As a Power Ranger, Karone is the only known Ranger to be blood-related to a Ranger from another season.
- She is the first main villain to become a Power Ranger, reformed or otherwise.
- Karone is tied with Orion for the shortest tenure as a Ranger, only lasting 14 episodes (not including extra rangers).
- Despite having the shortest Ranger tenure, Katherine Hillard holds the record for shortest amount of time with a particular Ranger power, only having the powers of the Pink Ninja Ranger for 11 episodes. This is not counting temporary powers.
- Her morph is an edit of Kendrix', only having her face pasted overtop of the original instead of having her own.
- Technically, Karone became a Power Ranger because of something she did when she was Astronema. If Astronema had not created Psycho Pink, Kendrix would not have died and Karone would not have replaced her.
- Unlike her teammates (and Rangers in general), Karone's ensemble is composed completely of black and silver. She wears only a pink headband or hair tie.
- Karone wears a locket (that held pictures of her and Andros) that she wore both as herself and Astronema during Power Rangers In Space. However for unknown reasons, she never was seen wearing it during Lost Galaxy (not even when disguising herself as Astronema), and instead wears a silver choker.
- During Lost Galaxy, Karone has never interacted with the In Space cast that made cameo appearances, with the exceptions of Alpha 6 and the Astro Megaship. She was added to the cast after the episode where the rest of the cast were last present.
- The Psycho Rangers were originally created by Astronema. It is unknown how they would have reacted with a reformed Karone since they were destroyed for good beforehand and never mentioned by the Galaxy Rangers after defeat.
- The Space Rangers missed their chance to reunite with Karone when departing after their battle with the Psycho Rangers, until Legendary Rangers.
- Andros never witnessed his sister achieve her dream of fully becoming a Power Ranger until Legendary Rangers.
- The writer of the Power Rangers: Wild Force episode "Forever Red," Amit Bhaumik, said in an interview on the Power Rangers Network website that he wanted to bring back Melody Perkins for a cameo appearance as Karone, as he felt she was one of the better characters on Power Rangers. However, due to the episode's 22-minute running time, many intended cameos Bhaumik had planned, including Karone, were omitted from the final shooting script.
- Karone is the second Pink Ranger to start out as a villain (via brainwashing), than was later reverted back to being good; the first being Katherine Hillard.
- Karone's story is similar to that of Adjutant Shiima of Changeman: a villainess who formerly had a connection to doing good but brainwashed by the ultimate evil of the respective season who is ultimately redeemed and works with the heroes.
- She is also similar to Tenaya from RPM.
- Karone in the Japanese dub is voiced by Ai Orikasa.
- Despite Kendrix having the Pink Lost Galaxy Powers back in Trakeena's Revenge 2-part Episode of Power Rangers Lightspeed Rescue, Karone is still able to use them in Power Rangers Super Megaforce.
- Karone is the only Power Ranger to have two Legend Shifts, one for her as the Pink Galaxy Ranger and one for her when she was Astronema.
- According in an interview with Christopher Khayman Lee, the producers considered on making Karone into a US-exclusive Lost Galaxy Purple Ranger, even forshadowed with her purple flightsuit.
- Kay’s number (60102) is the season and episodes in which she was revealed in season 6, episodes 1 and 2.
Behind the Scenes
- Karone is played by Melody Perkins. When morphed, her suit actor in Super Sentai footage from Gingaman was Motokuni Nakagawa (中川 素州 Nakagawa Motokuni), & her suit actor in US footage is played by Kazuhiro Yokoyama (横山 和博 Yokoyama Kazuhiro).
- Saya - Super Sentai counterpart in Gingaman. See comparison page.
- Shibolena - Super Sentai counterpart in Megaranger. See comparison page. Astronema's counterpart
- Kendrix Morgan - the original Pink Galaxy Ranger that Karone temporarily replaced after her death Later revived At The end of the series.
- Makoto Jin - First replacement for a deceased Sentai Ranger.
- Jun Yabuki - First female replacement for a deceased Sentai Ranger.