|This article is about a/an monster in Ninja Sentai Kakuranger.|
- "I'm gonna step on you!"
- ―Kappa when he enlarged himself.[src]
- ―Kappa's final words before his death.[src]
Kappa (カッパ 1, 2, 12 & 53) is a Youkai who assumed the form of a Bespectacled Man (眼鏡の男 Megane no Otoko) in pilot attire and is a master of Cucumber Bomb and Phantom Space Ninpo.
One of the few Yokai not to have been sealed, Kappa tricked Sasuke and Saizou into breaking the Seal Door so the Yokai can return to power. He is personally responsible for Sasuke unlocking the Seal Door and letting loose the Yokai, beginning the events of the season. Though he escaped Muteki Shogun, Kappa's attempt to kill the Kakurangers for making his wife Rokurokubi cry ends with him killed when sliced down the middle by Red Saruder's Saruder Slicer with his explosion killing his wife as well.
A replica of Kappa was later created to aid Tengu with a large, curved, silver arm blade in place of his right arm and had metal boots on his feet. He faded once Tengu was killed.
Kappa reappeared, along with all the other defeated Yokai, within the Seal Door after their master Daimaou was finally contained there by the Kakurangers. Reeling that they were now powerless in captivity, the Yokai all vowed that they would one day be reborn and regain their power, cursing humanity.
Kappa is manical, emotional, and manipulative, and is utterly ruthless in combat. However, he does genuinely love and care for the well being of his wife Rokurokubi.
Powers and Aailities
- Human Disguise
- Kappa can disguise himself as a human, either a bespectacled man or a woman.
- Like most Yokai, Kappa had been lived since the Sengoku Era. Due to this, he had mastered several Ninja Techniques. Among them are:
- Kicks a ball that causes heavy damage to his opponents.
- Cucumber Bomb
- Launches cucumber projectiles that turns into bombs
- Phantom Portal
- Size Change
- Kappa can turn himself into gigantic proportions that matched the height of Red Saruder.
- The replica of Kappa is armed with a hook.
- Cybernetic Legs
- The replica of Kappa was armed with mechanical legs.
- Kappas human form and voice was portrayed by Shoichiro Akaboshi.
Behind the Scenes
- Kappa, like most of Kakurangers Yokai, is a modernization of the Japanese mythological creature Kappa. Here, the traditionally lake and marsh dwelling kappa is depicted wearing modern swim goggles. The traditional favorite food of the kappa is cucumber, which is referenced in this monsters use of them throughout the episodes he appears in.
- Parrot Top - Power Rangers counterpart in Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. See comparison page.
- Youkai Kappa, his equivalent motif counterpart from the Kibaoni Army Corps in Shuriken Sentai Ninninger
- Kappa on Wikipedia