This article contains information from media that has been recently released, or has yet to be released. Proceed with caution.
|This article is about a/an film in Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger.|
|WARNING: This movie contains scenes of gambling, gun violence, graphic violence and blood. Viewer discretion is advised!|
Kaizoku Sentai: Ten Gokaiger (海賊戦隊 テン・ゴーカイジャー Kaizoku Sentai Ten Gōkaijā) is a Japanese superhero film set within the continuity of Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger and serves to commemorate the tenth anniversary of the series. The movie features the debut of GokaiGalleon Key, Ranger Keys from Zyuohger to Kiramager, Gokaiger Cross Armor Mode, and Gokai Red Galleon Armor Mode. In the film, Marvelous investigates the appearance of an underground fighting arena while Gai attempts to stop him from taking it down.
- 1 Production
- 2 Synopsis
- 3 Plot
- 4 Continuity and Placement
- 5 Characters
- 6 Music
- 7 Release
- 8 Cast
- 9 Form Changes and Collectibles Used
- 10 Errors
- 11 Notes
- 12 See Also
- 13 External Links
- 14 References
In commemoration of Gokaiger's 10th anniversary, a livestream was held on June 19, 2021, featuring Ryota Ozawa, Junya Ikeda, and Tomokazu Seki, announcing the film. A trailer was released on July 18, 2021.
The 35th Super Sentai is an unbelievable team that uses the powers of previous teams to fight. They are the Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger. Though they came to Earth seeking the “greatest treasure in the universe”, they protected the planet from the invading Space Empire Zangyack and came to believe that the Earth was worth protecting.
Ten years have passed since then. The public gambling activity “Super Sentai Derby Colosseum” has been established on Earth and has been hugely popular across every generation. Though the many Super Sentai heroes had been the targets of bets, they cooperate with the Colosseum project so long as the money is used for defending the Earth. However, one Super Sentai could not be contacted. That team had disbanded and each member gone on their separate paths. It was during this time that Captain Marvelous appeared on Earth, issuing a challenge to the Colosseum’s administration. But standing opposite from Marvelous is Gai Ikari whose views match those of the Colosseum’s.
Is it the Gokaigers or the people of Earth that are changed from this passage of time? How will Joe, Luka, Doc, and Ahim respond to these circumstances? After ten years, an extraordinary battle is about to begin…!
Ten years after the Gokaigers defeated the Space Empire Zangyack, the Gokai Galleon has been destroyed. Joe Gibken stands near the flaming wreckage of the ship which he and his friends once called home.
Don Dogoier pays a visit to Earth, where he learns of a new gambling sport called "Super Sentai Derby Colosseum" where copies of the Super Sentai across history fight each other. Given form the Ranger Keys using technology reverse engineered from Basco ta Jolokia's Rapparatta, the Super Sentai members take part in battles with citizens betting on the outcomes. All of the Super Sentai except for the Gokaigers willingly relinquished their keys to support the project so long as the money is used for defending the Earth and the keys are returned in case of an emergency. Don reunites with Gai Ikari, who cooperates with the Colosseum project along the Ministry of Defense and asks for his Ranger Key, but Don claims that he sold it. When Gai asks why the rest of the Gokaigers would allow this, Don reveals the the Gokai Galleon's destruction after which the team disbanded.
Captain Marvelous appears on Earth determined to bring down the Colosseum, but is captured by Luka Millfy, who delivers him and trades away her own Ranger Key in exchange for money. Refusing to give up, Marvelous agrees to a bet with the Colosseum administration, in which he must battle one hundred Sentai alone: the Colosseum operation will give him the Ranger Key collection and shut down if he wins, but he has to give up his Ranger Key should he lose. After defeating 99 enemies, Marvelous is surprised when Gai appears before him as the final opponent, determined to protect the Colosseum for the sake of Earth. By the inteference of one of the Minister's assistants, Gai defeats Marvelous, who is rescued by Ahim de Famille. In response, the Minister brands the duo as fugitives and send the Sentai clones after them. Don, Gai, and Ministry assistant Niwano attempt to intercede in their favor, but are arrested instead.
In prison, Don uses a wiretap he put on Gai's Ranger Key to discover the Minister's plan to use the Ranger Keys to conquer the universe, having decided he was tired of Earth being on the receiving end of various invasions and wanted them to be the attacking force instead. Don helps Gai and Niwano escape, and the two retrieve the Red Rangers keys the six most recent Sentai teams. When more Sentai clones intercept them, they are saved by Joe. Marvelous and Ahim are cornered by their attackers, but Gai arrives in time to give them Red Rangers Keys, and they use them defeat the clones. After the battle, Marvelous reveals that the Defense Minister is working with the Bakut Pirates, a group that infiltrates a planet's power structure and destroys it from within. They are also the ones responsible for destroying the Gokai Galleon and costing Marvelous the use of his eye. Joe tells Marvelous he was able to salvage the Gokai Galleon's power core, and Niwano questions whether the Earth is worth protecting after abusing the powers of the Super Sentai. Marvelous, recognizing Niwano as the boy he saved 10 years ago during their first visit to Earth, reassures him by repeating the words he spoke back then. Meanwhile, using Don's Ranger Key, Luka storms the Ministry's office to rescue him and uses the Shield of Veritas - a treasure Ahim stole from Planet Crystalia - to reveal the minister's assistants as the Bakut Pirates in disguise, while Don uses a recording from his tap to expose the minister's crimes to the public. The minister attempts to escape with the Ranger Keys, but Niwano stops him. Reunited, the six Gokaigers fight the Bakut Pirates. In the middle of the fight, the Galleon's power core transforms into the Gokai Galleon Ranger Key, a final gift from their faithful ship. Using it, the Gokaigers are granted new armor which they use to destroy the Bakut Pirates once and for all.
The gang later reunites with Navi, who has spent the years working odd jobs after being left behind on Earth on their last visit, joining together for a meal. During said meal, Marvelous reveals that he never lost his eye and the cut that Badley delivered only gave him a cyst that he covered with an eyepatch, much to the shock of his team. Afterwards, the recently reunited Gokaigers set off on a journey to return the Ranger Keys to their respective owners.
Continuity and Placement
- This movie takes place ten years after the events of the final episode. Navi also notes that it's been five years since the events of Zyuohger Episode 29.
|Gokai Red||Captain Marvelous||Ryota Ozawa|
|Gokai Blue||Joe Gibken||Yuki Yamada|
|Gokai Yellow||Luka Millfy ►◄ Don Dogoier||Mao Ichimichi ►◄ Kazuki Shimizu|
|Gokai Green||Don Dogoier ►◄ Luka Millfy||Kazuki Shimizu ►◄ Mao Ichimichi|
|Gokai Pink||Ahim de Famille||Yui Koike|
|Gokai Silver||Gai Ikari||Junya Ikeda|
|Kiramai Silver||Takamichi Crystalia|
- Minister of Defense
- Bakut Pirates
- Ending Theme: Super Sentai Hero Getter ~Ten Gokaiger ver.~
- The Film was theatrically released on November 12, 2021.
- The film will be released on DVD/Blu-Ray on March 9, 2022
- Captain Marvelous (キャプテン・マーベラス Kyaputen Māberasu): Ryota Ozawa (小澤 亮太 Ozawa Ryōta)
- Joe Gibken (ジョー・ギブケン Jō Gibuken): Yuki Yamada (山田 裕貴 Yamada Yūki)
- Luka Millfy (ルカ・ミルフィ Ruka Mirufi): Mao Ichimichi (市道 真央 Ichimichi Mao)
- Don Dogoier (ドン･ドッゴイヤー Don Doggoiyā): Kazuki Shimizu (清水 一希 Shimizu Kazuki)
- Ahim de Famille (アイム・ド・ファミーユ Aimu do Famīyu): Yui Koike (小池 唯 Koike Yui)
- Gai Ikari (伊狩 鎧 Ikari Gai): Junya Ikeda (池田 純矢 Ikeda Jun'ya)
- Navi (ナビィ Nabyi, Voice): Yukari Tamura (田村 ゆかり Tamura Yukari)
- Narration, Ring Announcer, Gokaiger Arsenal Voice: Tomokazu Seki (関 智一 Seki Tomokazu)
- Takamichi Crystalia (クリスタリア宝路 Kurisutaria Takamichi): Kohei Shoji (庄司浩平 Shōji Kōhei)
- Masatoshi Niwano (丹羽野 将年 Niwano Masatoshi): Kaisei Kawano (川野 快晴 Kawano Kaisei)
- Akiro Masukoda (益子田 昭郎 Masukoda Akirō): Kei Hosogai (細貝 圭 Hosogai Kei)
- Hiroya Matsumoto (松本 寛也 Matsumoto Hiroya): Hiroya Matsumoto (松本 寛也 Matsumoto Hiroya)
- Minister of Defense (国防大臣 Kokubō Daijin): Jun Yamasaki (山崎 潤 Yamasaki Jun)
- Hiroto Hattori (服部 博人 Hattori Hiroto), Badley (バッドリー Baddorī, Voice): Tsuyoshi Matsubara (松原 剛志 Matsubara Tsuyoshi)
- Otorika Ayakoji (綾小路 鳳佳 Ayakoji Otorika), Rem (レム Remu, Voice): Rikako Sakata (坂田 梨香子 Sakata Rikako)
- Ayazu Horiuchi (堀内 礼図 Horiuchi Ayazu), Agdaros (アグダロス Agudarosu): Metal Yoshida (吉田 メタル Yoshida Metaru)
- High Schoolers: Kaoruko Ishii (石井薫子 Ishii Kaoruko), Rara Shimizu (清水らら Shimizu Rara)
- Child: Shion Ōba (大場心温 Ōba Shion), Jin Takahashi (高橋仁 Takahashi Jin)
- Grandpa: Gan Furukawa (古川がん Furukawa Gan)
- Grandma: Nono Kagawa (香川のの Kagawa Nono)
- Curry Shop Owner: Pachiku Kato (加藤 パーチク Katō Pachiku)
- Gokai Red: Hirofumi Fukuzawa (福沢 博文 Fukuzawa Hirofumi)
- Gokai Blue: Yoshifumi Oshikawa (押川 善文 Oshikawa Yoshifumi)
- Gokai Yellow, Gokai Green: Yuichi Hachisuka (蜂須賀 祐一 Hachisuka Yūichi)
- Gokai Green, Gokai Yellow: Yasuhiro Takeuchi (竹内 康博 Takeuchi Yasuhiro)
- Gokai Pink: Mizuho Nogawa (野川 瑞穂 Nogawa Mizuho)
- Gokai Silver: Daisuke Satō (佐藤 太輔 Satō Daisuke)
- Badley: to be announced
- Rem: to be announced
- to be announced: Hirotsugu Mori (森 博嗣 Mori Hirotsugu)
- to be announced: Yuya Nawata (縄田 雄哉 Nawata Yūya)
- to be announced: Yasuhiko Imai (今井 靖彦 Imai Yasuhiko)
- to be announced: Satoshi Fujita (藤田 慧 Fujita Satoshi)
- to be announced: Hirokazu Iwakami (岩上 弘数 Iwakami Hirokazu)
Form Changes and Collectibles Used
- Gokai Changes for Kaizoku Sentai: Ten Gokaiger:
Ranger Key Summons
- Through the use of a special machine connected to Basco's Rapparatta, the Super Sentai Derby Colosseum's administration summons manifestations of many Sentai Rangers to fight in the Colosseum, and later against the Gokaigers:
- Colosseum fighters -
- Shinobi Battle Royale - DynaBlack, NinjaWhite, Shurikenger, AkaNinger
- Land-Sea-Air Battle Royale - VulShark, GaoBlue, GekiRed, PteraRanger, Yellow Lion
- Speed Battle Royale - Red Turbo, Pink Racer, Blue Flash, Blue Mask, Ginga Yellow, Kyoryu Green
- Legend Battle Royale - Beet Buster, Battle Kenya, MagiYellow, DenziBlue
- Kanji Battle Royale - KingRanger, Shinken Gold, FiveBlack
- Captain Marvelous - Black Condor, AbareBlue, Gosei Red, GoggleYellow, ChangePegasus, ToQ 6gou, MegaBlack, Kiramai Silver, Big One
- Gokai Red & Gokai Pink - Heart Queen, DenziGreen, GoYellow, TimeFire, DekaBlue, Go-On Black
- Gokai Blue - Akarenger, Red1, RyuuRanger, Bouken Red
- Colosseum fighters -
- When the Galleon Armor Mode is summoned, Gold Mode disappears off Gai and travels into Marvelous along with the other Cross Armor Modes however it is not actually represented in the completed suit.
- Much like Engine Sentai Go-Onger: 10 Years Grand Prix, Ten Gokaiger does not use the typical "10 Years After" subtitle.
- According to the Figure-Oh issue 284, the "Ten" in Ten Gokaiger is a reference to Hideaki Anno's Shin movie trilogy.
- The Super Sentai Derby Colosseum is similar to the Super Sentai Strongest Battle.
- Marvelous slipping on a banana peel as Shishi Red is possibly a nod to Yutaka Kobayashi, best known for his potrayal as Kaito Kumon/Kamen Rider Baron in Kamen Rider Gaim, who once auditioned for then passed up the role of Captain Marvelous due to personal matters.
- As Kiramai Red, Ahim shouts "Hiramai Queen!" instead of "Hiramaking!", possibly due to her being a female ranger.
- Luka and Don exchanging their personal Ranger Keys during the revalation of the Bakut Pirates is a reference of the body swap incident in Ep. 27: An Unusual Gokai Change.
- Don transforming into Gokai Yellow while bound by holding and turning the Ranger Key with his mouth has previously happened in Ep. 16: Clash! Sentai vs. Sentai (with Don not transforming into his default Gokai Green form on both occasions).
- Of all the 10th anniversary movies, Ten Gokaiger is considered the darkest entry out of the 4, it is also the highest praised and most well-received from both critics and Super Sentai fans.
- Luka says "Shut up, idiot!" to Badley, a phrase she has used in all of her return appearances following the conclusion of Gokaiger.
- Navi's accidental abandonment on Earth after the Gokaiger's last return in Doubutsu Sentai Zyuohger is resolved.
- As of this special, the Gokaiger have used at least one key from every Sentai team with the exception of Zenkaiger (presumably due to them being the incumbent team at the time of the movie's release).
- When Luka hijacked the television to livesteam the Ministry of Defense's office, she used the alias "Misaki Shirogane", the name of an anime character voiced by Luka's actress Mao Ichimichi.
- Takamichi is the only post-Gokaiger Sentai Legend to appear in the film. Additionally he is never seen transformed as Kiramai Silver, though his Ranger form (and Key) is seen fighting Marvelous.
- Hiroya Matsumoto (playing a commentator of the same name) is gets upset when MagiYellow and Beet Buster are easily defeated, a reference to the fact that he portrayed both characters.
- The two Sentai fangirls seen wearing yellow and pink are played by Kaoruko Ishii and Rara Shimizu who respectively portrayed the child versions of Mio and Kagura in Ressha Sentai ToQger.
- The Super Sentai Encyclopedia featured in this film is actually the Super Sentai - Gakken Encyclopedia released for the 45th anniversary.
- This movies marks the third time the Gokai Galleon has been destroyed, the previous instances occuring in Ep. 50: The Day of Battle and prior to the events of Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters vs. Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger: The Movie.
- Several of the Ranger Keys on the Super Sentai Substantination System are categorized differently than they were in Gokaiger
- The Green Sai Key is grouped with the Gokai Pink's Keys, rather than with Gokai Green's.
- The Black Bison Key is grouped with Gokai Green's Keys, rather than with Gokai Pink's.
- The TimeFire Key is grouped with Gokai Red's Keys, rather than with Gokai Silver's.
- The AbareBlack Key is grouped with Gokai Pink's Keys, rather than with Gokai Green's.
- The AbareKiller Key is grouped with Gokai Green's Keys, rather than with Gokai Silver's.
- The GekiChopper Key is grouped with Gokai Green's Keys, rather than with Gokai Pink's.
- The GekiViolet Key is grouped with Gokai Pink's Keys, rather than with Gokai Green's.
- During the Kanji Battle Royale between KingRanger and Shinken Gold, it was a reference to Gokai Silver's first two Gokai Change in Ep. 18: The Big Abare with the Dinosaur Robot Drill.
- Kamen Rider OOO 10th: Core Medal of Resurrection - 10th anniversary movie of Gokaiger's Super Hero Time block partner
- Theater Pamphlet