|This article is about a/an ranger in Power Rangers Lost Galaxy.|
|―Blue Galaxy Ranger's Roll Call[src]|
He is also referred to as Blue Galaxy Ranger or Lost Galaxy Blue Ranger - variations on his in-show label, though the latter is more in reference to the show than a proper label.
- 1 History
- 2 Video game appearances
- 3 Galaxy Blue
- 4 Ranger Key
- 5 Behind the Scenes
- 6 Notes
- 7 Appearances
- 8 See Also
- 9 References
Straight-laced, sensible and ambitious, Kai is the classic overachiever. Having been brought up in a strict military family, he always does things by the book and likes everything in its place. His orderly world is turned upside down when he becomes a Power Ranger, and he must learn that sometimes rules are meant to be broken when it comes to saving the universe. He is apparently a good friend of Kendrix Morgan. His fighting style consists of grappling moves and throws, presumably taught by the military.
Kai was responsible for the majority of the meals the Rangers ate aboard Terra Venture. When a lovesick Kai rendered himself bed-ridden for several days after a romantic letdown, the other Rangers complained about the lack of decent food to eat, as Kai was the Galaxy Ranger who either had the greatest cooking expertise or the only one who was willing to cook for the group.
In Lightspeed Rescue, Kai returned to Earth with the Galaxy Rangers and helped the Lightspeed Rangers defeat Trakeena for the final time. He fought alongside Chad Lee, the Blue Lightspeed Ranger and his Blue Ranger successor. He returns to Mirinoi.
Kai and the other Galaxy Rangers returned as part of the army of Legendary Rangers that helped the Mega Rangers defeat the Armada once and for all, fighting in a huge battle against hundreds of X Borgs and dozens of Bruisers. Once again, he returns to Mirinoi.
He was shown along with the other Galaxy Rangers when the villains were looking for a past villain to revive with the Reanimizer, and came across Psycho Red.
Video game appearances
Power Rangers Key Scanner
Kai as Galaxy Blue Ranger appears in the app videogame Power Rangers Key Scanner, amoung various other Rangers teams.
Power Rangers Super Megaforce: Legacy
Kai as Galaxy Blue Ranger appears only usable for Final Strike in the videogame Power Rangers Super Megaforce: Legacy, among various other Rangers teams.
Appearances: LG Episodes 2-45, LR Episodes 29, 30, SM Episodes 20 & LBEV
Morph and Roll Call
The Blue Lost Galaxy Ranger Key is Kai's personal Ranger Key. This key along with the majority of the Core Ranger Keys are seen lining the Command Center's interior walls. This key is mainly used by Noah Carver (Super Megaforce Blue) who uses it to fight as the Blue Lost Galaxy Ranger.
- When the Super Mega Rangers became the Lost Galaxy Rangers while fighting Matacore.
- When the Super Mega Rangers became the Lost Galaxy Rangers while fighting Gorgax.
The Blue Lost Galaxy Ranger Key is one of the five water-element Blue Ranger Keys that are used by Super Megaforce Blue for his Ultimate Ranger Saber Strike attack, which was used once against Skatana. This attack involved summoning manifestations of the five Rangers to attack the target, with Lost Galaxy Blue being the last to go.
Behind the Scenes
- Kai is played by Archie Kao.
- As the Blue Galaxy Ranger, his suit actor in Super Sentai footage from Gingaman was Jiro Okamoto (岡元 次郎 Okamoto Jirō) & his suit actors in US footage were Spencer Sano and Takaharu Miyazaki (宮崎高春 Miyazaki Takaharu).
- In the Japanese dub of Power Rangers Lost Galaxy, Kai is voiced by Kazuki Maehara who played Leo's counterpart Ryouma in Gingaman.
- Kai is the first Blue Ranger to have the elemental power of water.
- Kai's name in Hawaiian means "ocean", referencing his element of water.
- Gouki - Super Sentai counterpart in Gingaman. See comparison page.
- Hayate - Who was Second-in-command of the Gingaman.