|This article is about a/an group of footsoldiers in Shuriken Sentai Ninninger.|
Jukkarage (ジュッカラゲ) are the elite footsoldiers of the Kibaoni Army Corps.
The Jukkarage were upgraded from and replacing the initial Hitokarage after Raizo Gabi casted a dark magic spell which transformed all the Hitokarage into the Jukkarage, granting them greater strength and weapons, in order to help Kyuemon Izayoi fight the Ninningers and gain the End Shuriken. They are armed with sasumata-like swords and tanegashima rifles.
58 Jukkarage were part of a group of 100 revived Yokai that appeared on the day of Hyakki Yakou and were fought by AkaNinger and StarNinger. During the contest between the two Ninningers to defeat the most Yokai, all 58 Jukkarage are destroyed by AkaNinger and StarNinger.
Though seemingly all Hitokarage were converted into Jukkarage, both Jukkarage and Hitokarage were later seen fighting alongside each other on behalf of Juza Yumihari.
During the final battle against the Kibaoni Army Corps, endless Jukkarage and Hyakkarage are spawned by Sakuya Kyuemon as he uses the End Shuriken to flood the world with Yokai in order to destroy the world and create it anew. The six Ninningers fight through the Kibaoni army and, after defeating both Sakuya Kyuemon and Gengetsu Kibaoni, use the End Shuriken to wish for a world without the End Shuriken, thus reversing the damage it has done and finally wiping out the Yokai horde, bringing the Jukkerage to a permanent end.
The Hyakkarage (ヒャッカラゲ) are elite Jukkarage who are ten times as strong as their regular counterparts and evidently a hundred times stronger than the original Hitokarage. They serve as the bodyguard for Gengetsu Kibaoni's kin, with a pair of them standing by Ariake no Kata's side following her revival. Later on, when Kibaoni's son, Mangetsu Kibaoni, is born by Ariake, he appears flanked by a cohort of red-belted Hyakkarage.
The Senkarage (センカラゲ) are giant Hyakkarage with the kanji for thousand (千 sen) on their jackets.
Video Game appearances
Shuriken Sentai Ninninger: Game de Wasshoi!!
Powers and abilities
- Strength: A swarm of Jukkerage and Hitokarage were able to break open a "Shinobi Hiddne Castle's" front gate and single swings of thier weapons knocked the guardians off a bridge.
- Durability: In the same invasion, a large number of Jukkarage were hit by a swarm of arrows but were completely unfazed.
- Sasumata: The Jukkarage wield giant billhook-like swords that they use as thier primary weapons in combat.
- Tanegashima: The Jukkerage can also wield giant traditional Japanese riffles to gun down thier enemies from a distance, being especially useful against archers.
Behind the scenes
The name for the Jukkarage comes from the Japanese words "ten" (十 jū) and "Jippahitokarage" (十把一絡げ lit. "lumping together").
- Alternatively, the Hitokarage and Jukkarage utter "grunts" the words "Zōhyō" (雑兵 lit. "small fry/ordinary soldiers") or "Hyappa" (ヒャッパ！), which the latter originating from the word "hyappan" (百般 lit. "all kinds of things").