|This article is about a/an actor in the Power Rangers franchise.|
Jason David Frank (September 4, 1973) is an American actor and martial artist who portrayed Tommy Oliver in Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, Power Rangers Zeo, Power Rangers Turbo, and again in Power Rangers Dino Thunder. He also portrayed the feature film incarnation of the same character in Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie.
Frank was born in Covina, California. In 1993, he auditioned and won the role of Tommy Oliver. In the same year he was originally cast as Adam Steel in Cybertron an unaired pilot for VR Troopers, before being called back to Power Rangers to continue playing Tommy. He would appear in the role regularly until his character's departure in Turbo, later returning for "Forever Red" and Dino Thunder.
Martial Arts and MMA
- Frank is known in kickboxing as "Fearless Frank."
- In 2017, Frank received an 8th degree black belt in Shotokan Karate.
- Frank is experienced in Shotokan, Wado-ryu, Taekwondo, Judo, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Muay Thai, Wing Chun, Jeet Kune Do, and Aikido, blending them together in his own style he calls "Toso Kune Do."
- In 2003, Frank was induced into the World Karate Union Hall of Fame.
- Frank was married to Shawna from 1994 to 2001 and has three children with her. In 2002, Frank married Tammie, also a martial artist, and has one daughter with her, Jenna, who is also an actress and martial artist.
- Frank's first son, Jacob had appeared in "The Ninja Encounter."
- Frank currently resides in Atascocita, Texas.
- Frank had an older brother Erik Frank, who had passed away in 2001. Erik had portrayed David Trueheart, Tommy's long-lost older brother in MMPR. Additionally, Erik's death caused Frank to be absent from late co-star Thuy Trang's funeral and encouraged him to take up Christianity.
- Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie (1995) - Tommy Oliver/White Ranger
- Turbo: A Power Rangers Movie (1997) - Tommy Oliver/Red Turbo Ranger
- Power Rangers (2017) - Angel Grove citizen
- Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (Season 1) (1993-1994) - Tommy Oliver/Green Ranger
- Cybertron (unaired) (1994) - Adam Steele
- Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (Season 2) (1994-1995) - Tommy Oliver/White Ranger, Tom Oliver/Clone Green Ranger, White Stranger/Wild West White Ranger
- Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (Season 3) (1995-1996) - Tommy Oliver/White Ranger
- Mighty Morphin Alien Rangers (1996) - Tommy Oliver
- Power Rangers Zeo (1996) - Tommy Oliver/Red Zeo Ranger (Zeo Ranger V Red)
- Power Rangers Turbo (1997) - Tommy Oliver/Red Turbo Ranger I
- Power Rangers Wild Force, Episode 34 (2002) - Tommy Oliver/Red Zeo Ranger (Zeo Ranger V Red)
- Power Rangers Dino Thunder (2004) - Tommy Oliver/Black Dino Thunder Ranger
- Power Rangers Super Megaforce, Episode 20/Extended ver. (2014) - Tommy Oliver/Green Ranger
- Power Rangers Super Ninja Steel, Episode 10 (2018) - Tommy Oliver/Green Ranger/White Ranger/Red Zeo Ranger/Black Dino Thunder Ranger
- Frank has the record of being the actor with the most episodic appearances in Power Rangers, totaling 257.
- Following his original exit from the series during Power Rangers Turbo, Jason David Frank had since gotten numerous tattoos over his entire arms and chest. Due to this, any return appearances he would make in the Power Rangers franchise require him to wear clothing that hides his tattoos, such as long-sleeve shirts and jackets.
- Jason David Frank is often compared to Sentai actor, Hiroshi Miyauchi. In addition to both actors being considered legends among the fandom, they also have the following in common:
- Both were a part of the original teams of their respective franchises.
- Both became White Rangers after their initial appearances (Jason David Frank being the Green Ranger and Hiroshi Miyauchi being Aoranger) and became the leaders of their respective teams.
- Both have also appeared as Tokusatsu heroes outside of Power Rangers and Super Sentai, with Jason David Frank appearing as Adam Steele in the Cybertron pilot (along with Richard Rabago playing Tao) and Hiroshi Miyauchi appearing as Kamen Rider V3 and Zubat.
- Both returned in a mentor role. Jason David Frank returned as Tommy in Power Rangers Dino Thunder and Hiroshi Miyauchi in Choriki Sentai Ohranger, in which Tommy was the Red Ranger in it's American counterpart, Power Rangers Zeo.
- The role of Len in Kamen Rider Dragon Knight almost went to JDF, but instead went to Matt Mullens, due to the fact the producers didn't want viewers to think Kamen Rider and Power Rangers coexisted in the same world.
- Rumors were spreading in early 2021 that Frank was going to cameo in the Netflix series Cobra Kai during the series' fourth season, but Frank later confirmed that he wasn't going to be in Cobra Kai.
- Rising Sun Karate Academy
- Article on new school in the Summerwood suburb of Houston, Texas
- Fall Guy Movie Page
- WASKO - World all styles Kickboxing organization (WASKO)
- Jason David Frank on IMDB.
- (http://www.tv.com/jason-david-frank/person/23451/summary.html Jason David Frank at tv.com)
- Jason David Frank on Wikipedia.
- Jason David Frank On Instagram.