|This article is about a/an ranger in Power Rangers S.P.D.|
Jack Landors is a former street thief alongside his best friend Z Delgado who were given a chance to join Space Patrol Delta and reform themselves. After some reluctance, Jack decided to accept Cruger's offer and become the S.P.D. Red Ranger, subsequently becoming the leader of B-Squad. After the defeat of Emperor Gruumm, Jack retired from SPD and the role of Red Ranger elevated to Sky Tate.
- 1 Biography
- 2 Split History
- 3 Video game appearances
- 4 Genetic Power(s)
- 5 S.P.D. Red Ranger
- 6 Legendary Ranger Devices
- 7 Behind the Scenes
- 8 Notes
- 9 Appearances
- 10 See Also
- 11 References
A former street thief alongside his best friend Elizabeth Delgado (Z), Jack volunteered to become the Red B-Squad Ranger in order to save Z's life as well as those of the other Rangers and took over as team leader, Much to Sky Tate's dismay, who wanted to be the Red Ranger. At first, he took his position as team leader very lightly, but has since proven himself to be a very capable leader, albeit one who often clashes with the chain of command. He formed a slightly uneasy but respect-based relationship with Sky, taking tactical suggestions from him in the field and helping him deal with his issues regarding Mirloc and his father by offering Sky his morpher to bring Mirloc in.
After his encounter with the volunteer Ally Samuels, he realized that, while he liked being a Ranger, what he really wanted to do was go back to helping people on the streets. The conflict of these two interests led to him nearly botching the mission against Delex. Following the destruction of the Magnificence and the containment of Gruumm, Jack left S.P.D. to work with Ally full-time and Sky took his place. Despite his casual attitude, he loathes having to say goodbye and left S.P.D. without telling the rest of B-Squad. Despite this, they remain close.
While unmorphed, his genetic power enables him to become intangible and pass through any object. As the Red Ranger, he has exclusive access to a Battlizer, but the loophole of this rule lies in whoever wields his morpher. He wields twin magnum-like blasters and is an impressive sharpshooter. His uniform sports the number 1.
Jack doesn't know when he was born. Syd, however, offered to share her birthday with him.
Jack returned with his fellow S.P.D. Rangers as part of the army of Legendary Rangers that helped the Mega Rangers defeat the Armada once and for all, fighting in a huge battle against hundreds of X Borgs and dozens of Bruisers. It is presumed that he traveled from a time when he is still the S.P.D. Red Ranger.
When events set into motion by Lord Drakkon caused the timeline to split into pocket universe, each anchored on a powerset, the B-Squad Rangers were split off into their own pocket universe. Lord Drakkon then attacked them. As Red Ranger, Jack fends off an attack by Lord Drakkon alongside the B-Squad and C-Squad, despite being depowered by the Black Dragon Cannon. He was later seen leading the battle against Lord Drakkon's Sentries on the Moon in the World of the Coinless, being attacked by Serpentera, leaving his fate unknown. When the timeline was restored, so was Jack.
Video game appearances
Power Rangers Key Scanner
Jack as S.P.D. Red Ranger, appears in the app videogame Power Rangers Key Scanner, amoung various other Rangers teams.
Power Rangers Dash
Jack along the other SPD Rangers are among all the Ranger teams which appear in the Korean-developed mobile game Power Rangers Dash.
- Intangibility: Jack's genetic ability allows him to phase through molecules through solid matter at will, which is very useful when escaping enemies or dodging physical attacks.
S.P.D. Red Ranger
Appearances: S.P.D. Episodes 2-33, 35-38, SM Episodes 20 & LBEV
Appearances: S.P.D. Episodes 27-33, 36-38
Morph and Roll Call
Legendary Ranger Devices
The S.P.D. Red Ranger Key is Jack's personal Ranger Key. This key along with the majority of the Core Ranger Keys are seen lining the Command Center's interior walls. This key is mainly used by Troy Burrows (Super Megaforce Red) who uses it to fight as the S.P.D. Red Ranger.
- When the Super Mega Rangers became the S.P.D. Rangers while fighting Tentacus.
- When the Super Mega Rangers became the S.P.D. Rangers in their fight with Cybax.
- When the Super Mega Rangers (bar Noah) became the S.P.D. Rangers while fighting Skatana's X-Borgs.
The S.P.D. Red Ranger represents the B-Squad Rangers for the S.P.D. Dino Charger that was released as part of a special set of Dino Charger Power Packs. This Charger was paired with the Lost Galaxy Dino Charger.
|"Legendary Red Star! Activate!"|
|―announcement in the DX Ninja Battle Morpher|
The S.P.D. Red Ninja Power Star is a special Ninja Power Star that bears the likeness of the S.P.D. Red Ranger and is marked with the kanji for "red". This will be a part of the upcoming Ninja Steel toyline and it's currently unknown if it will have a in-show appearance.
Behind the Scenes
- Jack is portrayed by Brandon Jay McLaren.
- As the S.P.D. Red Ranger, his suit actor in Super Sentai footage from Dekaranger was Hirofumi Fukuzawa (福沢 博文 Fukuzawa Hirofumi). In US/NZ footage, his suit actor was Akihiro Haga (羽賀 亮洋 Haga Akihiro).
|"Jack Landors! I am... the S.P.D. Red Ranger. By molecularizing I can pass through any solid object. (Red Delta Runner, full power!)"|
- As one of the five B-Squad Rangers, Jack featured in his own specially filmed profile short released by Jetix to promote S.P.D.. Called upon by Anubis Cruger, Jack states his name, rank and genetic powers.
- Brandon Jay McLaren was approached to reprise the role of Jack for the anniversary episode “Once a Ranger” on Operation Overdrive, but declined due to the involvement of his ex-girlfriend (Dino Thunder's Kira Ford), and Chris Violette was unavailable to reprise his role as Sky. As a result, Matt Austin's Bridge became the next S.P.D. Red Ranger and took part in the episode.
- He is the first Red Ranger to appear in one season and never be seen or mentioned in subsequent seasons.
- From 2005 through 2008, the S.P.D. Red Ranger was a part of the Disney Stars and Motor Cars Parade at the Disney-MGM Studios (now Disney's Hollywood Studios). The Parade has since been replaced with another performance, but the S.P.D. Red Ranger was still available for pictures and autographs until Saban bought back the rights to the Power Rangers franchise.
- In the Japanese dub of Power Rangers S.P.D., Jack is voiced by Ryuji Sainei, the actor for his Sentai counterpart.
- He is the first Red Ranger to have a Battlizer that is a re-colored version of that season's Sixth Ranger's Morpher.
- Jack is the only Red Ranger to not have a sword-like weapon as a sidearm or a personal weapon.
- Jason Bischoff, the former Global Franchise Director for Power Rangers, released in Twitter in 2020 of a pitch concept of the S.P.D. Fire Squad. In the concept, Jack Landors returns to S.P.D. as Ranger Prime. He operates as a covert operative due to Jack’s ability to pass through solid objects, as well as continuing to aid civilians in the streets like he did in the finale.. The Ranger Prime suit is a recolor of the SPD Red Ranger uniform, with the red and black colors of the suit inverted.
- Banban Akaza - Super Sentai counterpart in Dekaranger. See comparison page.
- Sky Tate - The second S.P.D. Red Ranger.
- Bridge Carson - The third S.P.D. Red Ranger.