|This article is about a/an monster in Gekisou Sentai Carranger.|
- "Hey, Carranger guys! Come over here!"
- ―JJ Jetton
JJ Jetton (ジェージェージェットン JēJē Jetton, 16) was the Bowzock's best wrestler. He was also described as the dumbest of the Bowzock's Gorotsuki. He was randomly picked out to undertake newcomer Instructor Ritchihiker's consultation services.
Jetton was introduced as a regular on the Baribarian bar, and was typically seen drinking or alongside the other Bowzock as they schemed for Earth's destruction. However, he would later be used in the first scheme by Instructor Ritchihiker to eliminate the Carrangers. The plan involved Jetton being used to pose as a student of Ritchihiker, who claimed that he was a scholar who "rehabilitated former Bowzock members to re-integrate them into proper society". This, however, was a ruse to trick the Carrangers into lowering their guard, hoping to lure them to a "graduation party" where Ritchihiker would offer them poisoned wine. Thankfully, Signalman (already aware of Ritchihiker's true nature) put a very fast stop to the plan, exposing Ritchihiker's true nature before they unknowingly drank poison. A fight resulted, with Jetton shedding his disguise and fighting the Carrangers, until they used the Auto Blasters to take him out. Enlarged by eating imo-youkan, Jetton battled Sirender and overwhelmed it before RV Robo rescued their ally. Following a combination of the Plugnado Spark and the Siren Flash from both RV Robo and Sirender, the RV Robo explosively put him down with the Reckless Dash Cutter.
JJ Jetton is described as the stupidest member of the Bowzock, as demonstrated when Ritchihiker looks for someone to carry out his scheme: upon asking the patrons of the BB Saloon the value of 1+1, Jetton answers 3 instead of 2. This is how Jetton ends up roped into Ritchihiker's scheme. Despite this, he does end up learning certain history topics, and when discovered by the Carrangers, he successively convinces them that he is indeed learning (which he probably actually is). But he prefers to use his brawns instead of his brains, as when Ritchihiker and Jetton are exposed, Jetton chooses to jump right into battle.
Modus and Arsenal
JJ Jetton was chosen to be part of Ritchihiker's first plan. Ritchihiker posed as a professor running a reform school for ex-Bowzock members, to convince Carrangers that JJ left the Bowzock and was trying to turn his life around. However the plan is jeopardized by Signalman, who once arrested Ritchihiker on a minor charge. Fearing that he'd recognize him, Ritchihiker attempted to kill Signalman by luring him into a trap and blowing him to pieces with bombs. After that, Ritchihiker invites the Carrangers to a party to celebrate Jetton's rehabilitation from the Bowzock, which is actually a trap for the Carrangers, as he has poisoned the wine. The plan only fails due to Signalman surviving Ritchihiker's trap and showing up in time to stop the Carrangers from drinking poison. However, it is notable that Jetton, during the time that he was posing as Ritchihiker's student, that he may actually have an affinity for learning, as evidence when studying a history topic. His acting skills are also to spoken of, as he draws the Carrangers in by acting as if he is a reformed member of society. But when the act drops, he resorts to simply using brute strength. He is even strong enough to lock Signalman's Sirender in a wrestling move, showing his prodigious strength. However, he lacks any other form of fighting other than his physical prowess, minus the ability to fire lasers from his glasses.
- JJ Jetton was voiced by Yasuhiro Takato in his Super Sentai debut. He would most famously voice Sorcery Priest Meemy nine years later.
Behind the Scenes
- JJ Jetton is the only member of the typical Gorotsuki bar members to have an actual name, being the only one used in a Bowzock scheme (four others fought as members of SS Pamaan's Boso Sentai Zokuranger). He was also the only bar regular to be killed in the series (all the others, from his typical patrons to the Bowzock leaders, survived the season).
- In an ironic twist, JJ Jetton was the only bar member who was never adapted for Power Rangers Turbo whilst all of the bar patrons all were adapted and ultimately killed.
- The likely reason JJ Jetton wasn't adapted into Power Rangers was that his appearance resembled that of a racist African American caricature, specifically a person with a "blackface", something audiences might find offensive.
- JJ Jetton's motif is a hippopotamus and a punk.