|This article is about a/an ranger in Power Rangers S.P.D.|
- "Sorry, Dad."
- ―J.J. Oliver[src]
Super Ninja Steel
JJ is only briefly heard off screen, being told by his father to put his bike away.
In his early 20s, JJ joined S.P.D Academy to try and live up to his legendary father's expectations of him, but he was somewhat resentful of living in Tommy's shadow due to the pressure it brought on him.
He went undercover to find and stop The Witch. He infiltrated a gang selling crystals that gave users the ability to obtain Ranger powers based on MMPR. When Tommy and Anara began looking for JJ they screwed up his investigation. He was taken hostage by Scorpina who intended to sacrifice him to Lokar to gain more power. Tommy called upon friends who helped in his rescue, including a reformed Finster. During the rescue JJ used the last morph of the Master Morpher to become the original Green Ranger. He & Anara were later called to action off planet, with JJ using the last dregs of power from the Master Morpher to manifest the Dragon Shield along with his standard SPD uniform.
- White Stranger - Paternal Ancestor
- Mrs. and Mr. Hillard - Maternal Grandparents
- Mrs. and Mr. Oliver (mentioned) - Paternal Grandparents
- Paternal Great-Uncle (mentioned)
- Maternal Great-Aunt (mentioned)
- John Rush - Paternal Great Uncle
- David Trueheart - Paternal Uncle
- Tom Oliver - Paternal Uncle/Clone of Tommy Oliver
- Dr. Tommy Oliver - Father
- Katherine Hillard-Oliver - Mother
- Older Son or Older Nephew
- Young Son or Young Nephew
Achieved by using the green crystals of The Witch, JJ briefly assumed a form similar to the Mighty Morphin Green Ranger.
- Although J.J. wears the Dragon Shield as the Green SPD Ranger, he does not wear the armbands that have almost always accompanied the Shield.
- J.J.'s Counterfeit Green Ranger costume is strongly reminiscent of the Power Ranger costumes worn in the 2017 movie.
- J.J. is the only Ranger to date that hasn’t had his full name revealed. Instead we only know him by his nickname, J.J.
- He is Tommy’s only son to date.