|This article is about a/an villain in Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie, existing in a different continuity than the TV series.|
According to Zordon, Ooze "ruled the world with a reign of unparalleled terror" until he was imprisoned in a Hyperlock Chamber by Zordon, Dulcea and the "Order of Meridian" who presumably were the precursors to the modern Power Rangers. In addition to his own power, he also had his own batch of enemy foot soldiers and Zord-like constructs. Despite being trapped, Ivan was aware of what was going on outside of his prison; he would later complain about having missed the Black Plague, the Spanish Inquisition and the Brady Bunch reunion. By the time of the Renaissance, he was suffering from a charley horse.
Ivan's hyperlock chamber is unearthed six thousand years later by a construction crew in Angel Grove construction crew so Zordon sends the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers to hide the chamber once more but they are beaten to the scene by Rita Repulsa and Lord Zedd who release Ooze and ask for Zordon's destruction in return. Ooze breaches the Command Center's security with ease and demolishes it, severely weakening Alpha and destroying Zordon's time warp and thus causing him to age rapidly. With the destruction of the Command Center, the Rangers lose their powers and go in search of a new power source.
Ooze travels to the moon and deposes both Zedd and Rita, trapping them within a snow-globe to prevent them from stopping his plans. Their henchmen Goldar and Mordant swears allegiance to Ivan rather than join Rita and Zedd in captivity so Ivan begins brainwashing the parents of Angel Grove into digging up the parts of his Ecto-Morphicons: large insect-like machines similar to the Rangers' Zords. Once the Ecto-Morphicons are completed, he sends them to destroy the city whilst ordering the parents to leap to their doom at the construction site. Ivan then spends his time in the observatory with Goldar watching the destruction his machines wrought on the city.
After the Rangers restore their powers on Phaedos, they return to Angel Grove and battle Ivan's machines with their new Ninja Zords. Using these Zords, they are able to destroy Scorpitron, Scorpitron. Ivan combines with Hornitor and takes on the Rangers himself. The battle progresses into outer space and, though Ivan consistently has the upper hand, he is destroyed when the Ninja FalconMegazord kicks him into the path of Ryan's Comet which obliterates Ivan on impact.
Ivan Ooze wore purple robes with a large collar, long enough to cover his feet, purple bracelets with red and green gems, and a belt with a design similar to Rita's headdress. His skin was violet with two horns winding together to make a goatee. His nails were long, unmanicured, and his head was crenellated by ridges of skin. Disguised as a carnival wizard to pass out his ooze to children, Ivan appeared in white face paint and a wig of purple curly hair, and wore a conical hat and a navy blue robe tied with a purple sash.
Overall, Ivan could be described as insane and megalomaniacal. He loved to show off flamboyantly hence his introduction to Rita and Zedd. He saw no one as his equal, and imprisoned Rita and Zedd in a snowglobe to ensure that they didn't get in his way of conquering Earth, but was willing to hire their minions.
Ivan Ooze held a great grudge against Zordon, whom he vowed to destroy; but also had a sense of humor, making jokes when he felt it appropriate, and saw anyone as potential pawns in his conquest of the universe. He loved his machines dearly, becoming enraged enough to merge with the Hornitor when the Scorpitron was destroyed. He could also become bored easily; when the adults were taking too long to dig up his Ecto-Morphicons, Ivan ordered an adult to dance - "Do the swim!" - showing he knew modern dances and music.
Powers and Abilities
- Durability: Ivan took a blast from Lord Zedd and not only made no attempt to counter it, actually laughing at it and saying it tickled him, and even that could have just been an act.
- Shape Shifting: Self-proclaimed master of disguise, Ivan could disguise himself as anything he wanted. His primary disguise was a wizard/clown for handing out jars of his ooze to brainwash adults. He retained the purple color scheme in this form meaning he simply loved the color too much to not wear it. Ivan flawlessly took the form of a guard Zedd knocked out prior to releasing him from his seal.
- Liquification: Ivan could become ooze itself at will to squeeze through tightly sealed doors that he couldn't open any other way even penetrating the Command Center with ease in this way.
- Ooze Projection-Ivan Ooze could fling ooze off himself to silence others annoying him such as Rita.
- Fusion-Ivan Ooze could turn into deep purple liquid to fuse with his allies and take complete control over thier bodies as seen with Hornitor.
- Enlargement-By fusing with Hornitor, Ivan Ooze could make it even bigger than before.
- Shrinking: Ivan shrank Rita and Zedd to the size of snow-globe figurines.
- Materialization: Ivan could create simple objects out of nothing such as a flute or a snow globe.
- Hypnosis: Using his ooze as a medium, Ivan could put anyone he wanted under his spell as he needed adults and any that touched the bottled ooze he handled out were put to work on digging up his Ecto-Morphicons.
- Lightning: At multiple times, Ooze sent out purple lightning from his fingers for various outcomes.
- Telekinesis: Ivan could lift enemies up into the air with his lightning.
- Tractor Beam: Ivan could blast objects to catch them in a forcefield strong enough to hold the Crane Zord in mid-flight.
- Empowerment: Ivan could use his lightning to reactivate his Ectomorphicons.
- Henchmen Generation: Ivan created the Oozemen from lighting that created ooze that his minions were birthed from. He also created the Tengu Warriors from an amethyst loogie he spat out in the Lunar Palace.
- Visible Teleportation: Similar to the Power Rangers, Ivan could turn into a beam of pure energy in order to travel long distances.
- No special abilities
- Fists-Ivan Ooze had no weapons of his own by default but could use his hands to channel his lightning.
- Piper Flute-Ivan Ooze pulled out a flute that could shoot purple lightning to destroy the Command Center.
Powers and Abilities
- Strength-Ivan-Hornitor could rip the Angel Grove Observatory out of the ground easily and smash the Ninja Megazord's Fire Saber with one swing.
- Fireman's Lift-Ivan-Hornitor was able to lift the Ninja Megazord onto his shoulders, spin around and then toss it through a building.
- Foot Crush-Ivan-Hornitor was able to crush the tramway underfoot with a single stamp.
- Wing Generation-Ivan-Hornitor could manifest massive purple wings out of his back from the ooze comprising his body.
- Flight-Ivan-Hornitor was able to fly using his wings.
- Sonic Slam-Ivan-Hornitor could fly at maximum speed to slam into the Ninja Megazord with enough force to create a sonic shockwave.
- Flight-Ivan-Hornitor was able to fly using his wings.
- Space Survivability: Ivan-Hornitor could survive in outer space and battle very effectively.
- Super Grip-Ivan-Hornitor had a strong enough grip that it was nearly impossible to escape from his grip.
- Skilled Fighter-Ivan-Hornitor was easily able to overwhelm the Ninja Megazord and break its sword in battle.
- Groin-A single knee strike to the groin from the Ninja Megazord made Ivan-Hornitor lose his grip and sent him to his doom.
- Observatory-Ivan-Hornitor was able to rip the Angel Grove Observatory out of the ground and use it as a sword-like weapon.
- Claws-Ivan-Hornitor discarded the observatory tower after destroying the Power Sword in favor of smashing the Megazord with his bare pincers.
Video Game appearances
- Ivan Ooze appeared as the final boss in all video game adaptations of the movie.
- The Ivan-Ecto Morphicon form looked significantly different in the Genesis and Game Gear versions of the game, being more insect-like and having four arms though still bearing Ivan's face.
- In the game gear version of the game, Ivan-Ecto Morphicon was created by Scorpitron and Hornitor fusing together with Ivan as opposed to the film where only Hornitron fused with Ivan. Ivan-Ecto was playable in the GameGear version's VS and multiplayer modes.
- Ivan Ooze appeared as a boss in the story mode of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Fighting Edition and was a playable character in the fighting mode with a code used.
- Ivan Ooze had many Power Rangers firsts despite not appearing in the main metaseries continuity.
- The first villain to be introduced in a feature film.
- The only primary antagonist to be defeated after only one appearance.
- The first villain to fight the Rangers personally since Lord Zedd did not fight Tommy until half-way through season 3 and the first villain to fight a Megazord in direct combat.
- The first villain to be able to physically possess one of his creations.
|Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie|
|Tommy Oliver - Rocky DeSantos - Adam Park - Billy Cranston - Aisha Campbell - Kimberly Ann Hart|
|Power Morphers - Power Coins - Power Blasters - Power Scope - Power Beams - Stega Stinger - Pterodactyl Thunder Whip - Saba - Ninjetti - Wrist Communicators|
|Zordon - Alpha 5 - Dulcea - Fred Kelman|
|Zords and Megazords|
|Ninja FalconZord - Ninja ApeZord - Ninja FrogZord - Ninja WolfZord - Ninja BearZord - Ninja CraneZord|
|Ninja Megazord - Ninja FalconMegazord|
|Lord Zedd - Rita Repulsa - Ivan Ooze|
|Goldar - Mordant|
|Oozemen - Tengu Warriors - Gatekeepers - Hornitor - Scorpitron|
|View • Edit|