|This article is about a/an monster in Power Rangers Zeo, the second season in the Zordon Era.|
|"Hey what is this? Is this some kind of a game?!"|
|―Impursonator's final words before her death[src]|
Rita accidentally created this monster, using her new powerful scepter, by blasting Kat's "ugly" purse that Kat made in her art class. She was aiming for Kat instead, attempting to turn Kat back into her monster form, similar to her previous scheme that created Brick Bully. This was due to Goldar and Rito arguing over seating arrangements and due to their fighting, they veered the RV off course and resulting in Impursonator's creation. Looking through the Repulscope, he complimented on the monster Rita created, which got him yelled at. Despite its relatively harmless appearance, Rita made her grow soon after she is created so the Rangers (having just lost their Zeo Power Cycles to Cog Changer) summoned their Zeo Zords and attacked her with the Zeo Megazord. The Megazord's punches bounced off of her and the Zeo II and Zeo IV Battle Helmets proved completely useless with Impursonator just sending the energy right back at them. Even the Zeo Megazord Saber's finishing attack was just directed right back so Tommy summoned the Red Battlezord. However, even the rapid mechanized punches had no effect on Impersonator and the gattling gun blasts were just thrown right back. Realizing that they needed more firepower, Tommy called for the Rangers to link up and they formed the Zeo Mega Battlezord but even it's blasts were completely worthless against the beast. Tommy then contacted Jason (who had been getting water from an imitation of the Fountain of Youth for the rapidly ageing Billy) to morph and he did so. He then summoned Pyramidas and they formed the Zeo Ultrazord which tried to kill her but she just absorbed the blasts through inflating and sent it straight back at them. With only one option left to them, the Rangers formed the Zeo Ultrazord in Carrier Mode which unleashed a massive energy blast but she only laughed in their faces. With none of their attacks being successful, the Rangers were forced to retreat and give Billy the youthful water. With no one left to battle, and getting bored, Impersonator fled.
She later gained control of the Super Zeo Megazord and used it to battle the Zeo Megazord, which was currently being piloted by Cog Changer. Auric the Conqueror tried to stop the fight by being reasonable but Impersonator scared him back into his tiki form, never to be seen again. After learning from Delphine that Impursonator is easily distracted, the Rangers tricked her out of the Zord by leaving themselves open to attack. While she went looking for the Rangers, Tanya and Kat were able to use their Zeo Power Pod Swords to smash the control cogs on the Super Zeo Megazord and Impersonator was forcibly sent back by Rita to be punished. Later on, she allied with Cog Changer and was backed up by Cogs. The Alien Rangers and Zeo Rangers teamed up and defeated her with thier Aquitar Ranger Blast whilst Cog Changer was taken down using the Zeo Cannon. Rita and Zedd then grew her to giant size again, alongside Cog Changer thanks to Orbus, and they easily overwhelmed the Super Zeo Zords.
In a last-ditch effort, Impursonator wrapped herself around Cog Changer's head and shoulders, granting him more power and defense. The Super Zeo Megazord was unable to destroy them alone, so the Zeo Rangers called in the Zeo Megazord, the Red Battlezord and the Warrior Wheel. The Rangers – via the Zords – tossing the Warrior Wheel around the two monsters allowed them to knock them both down with an energy tornado before building enough power to destroy them for good with the Warrior Wheel's Power Slam.
Impursonator comes off as a bit of a clown, but she takes her power very seriously and isn't above boasting about her indestructibility even as attacks bounce right off her. She does not like being lectured by Auric The Conqueror and gets upset when Rita pulls her from battle to do the same. Her main character flaw is her short attention span, which the Zeo Rangers exploit to lure her out of the Super Zeo Megazord.
Powers and Abilities
- Energy Absorption-Impersonator can absorb any energy into herself which makes any attack completely useless against her.This included the Zeo II and Zeo IV Battle Helmet finishers, the Zeo Megazord's finisher, energy from the Red Battlezord's gattling guns, the Zeo Mega Battlezord, and the Zeo Ultrazord. The only way that they ever actually killed her was because she fused with a solid being (Cog Changer) and thus gained a metallic and destroyable form.
- Energy Redirection-Impersonator can send back this energy (in the form of solid pink lightning) which was strong enough to take down the Zeo Megazord with one hit after she absorbed it's finisher.
- Energy Blasts-Impersonator can still fire that solid pink lightning even if she hasn't absorbed any powerful attacks which was strong enough to take down all five Alien Rangers with one blast. This occurred immediately before she was taken down by the Aquitar Ranger Blast.
- Energy Cloud-As seen when Auric tried to stop the Cog Changer/Impersonator fight, Impersonator can unleash a blue-red see through spirit like form from herself which was able to scare him back into his tiki form.
- Fusion-Impersonator can fuse with Cog Changer to form an entirely new monster (that was never named but the fanbase called Cog Impersonator to differentiate it from other unnamed monsters like Cloaked Alien and Sledge's ghost Outlaw. Impursenator forms a small line on top of Cog Changer's head but retains her sentience since she could speak at the same time as him.
- Strength-Although Impersonator is never seen actually fighting anyone, preferring instead to absorb and redirect thier attacks, Impersonator is the most powerful monster Rita ever created since she defeated an entire Zord fleet and may have won in the end had it not been decided for the two monsters to foolishly combine and thus give the Rangers a chance.
- Durability-Impersonator has pink rubbery skin that meant punches from both the Zeo Megazord and Red Battlezord only made her stumble back from the force without doing any actual damage.
- Inflation-Impersonator's body can inflate itself to incredible degrees in order to survive massive energy barrages which was seen when she absorbed the energy of the Zeo Ultrazord's finisher.
- Pilot-Impersonator was shown to be very competent at piloting the Super Zeo Megazord solo (in spite of it being intended for five people to pilot it) when fighting Cog Changer.
to be added
- Fists-Although Impersonator has no weapons of any sort, Impersonator has large pink fists capable of causing serious damage to the Rangers and Zord through her energy blasts.
Behind the Scenes
to be added
to be added
to be added
- Though Impursonator is female, her counterpart, in Chouriki Sentai Ohranger: Ole vs. Kakuranger, is male. This was probably changed due to the purse theme.
- The reason that the Aquitar Ranger Blast was able to defeat her and yet the Zeo Ultrazord wasn't is because her counterpart, a Youkai akin to one from Kakuranger, was immune to the technology of the Ohrangers (whose power came from the Earth itself) but was completely vulnerable to the spiritual energies of the Kakurangers.
- The costume of the exclusive U.S. scenes shows some differences with the original costume of the Sentai scenes, since the face of Impursonator in the U.S.A. costume is much wider, besides that it does not have a long neck compared to the sentai costume, it is also noticeable the difference in the height of the body of the actors between the Sentai scenes and those filmed in the U.S.A., being also the body of the Impursonator of the U.S.A. scenes much wider and lower, not to mention that the costume shows a less strong and lighter pink color than the original with a hot pink color.
to be added
- Onbu-Obake - Super Sentai counterpart in Chouriki Sentai Ohranger: Ole vs. Kakuranger. See comparison page.