|This article is about a/an ranger in Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters.|
- See also: Hiromu Sakurada (V-Cinema)
Hiromu Sakurada (桜田 ヒロム Sakurada Hiromu) is Red Buster (レッドバスター Reddo Basutā) of the Go-Busters.
His power, like the other Busters, has a Weakpoint trade-off. Whenever Hiromu panics or is immensely startled, he freezes up completely, even in mid-air. However, it is commonly activated when Hiromu sees a chicken, an animal in which he has developed a phobia of.
Hiromu is 20 years old and the second oldest on the team. Thirteen years ago before the events of the first episode, Hiromu's father had saved the world by isolating his entire research building in Hyper Space to contain the virus called "Messiah". Hiromu, along with two other children, escaped this isolation.
A program in his body grants him superhuman abilities. However, his sister Rika refuses to allow him join the Go-Busters training program, which is organized and run by the Energy Management Center. Despite her refusals, Hiromu had already decided he would eventually join when the time comes that they truly need him. Thus Hiromu, though irregularly, undertakes some simulations and training in order to prepare for the eventual threat. His training sessions were done unbeknownst to his sister. In one of their pre-Vaglass outings, they take on their predecessors' nemesis, Basco ta Jolokia. However, they take him on stealthily before heading back home (to the Energy Management Center) and without the Gokaigers' knowledge.
When the EMC finds the threat escalating, Takeshi Kuroki has the Go-Buster basic gear sent to the Sakurada residence hoping for a positive response. When Hiromu receives the gear, he immediately tells his sister that he must go and, despite his sister's protests, that he's already made up his mind to join the Go-Busters.
Hiromu arrives just in time as the ShovelZord, a MegaZord Beta, attempts to destroy Enetron reserves to funnel Enetron for Messiah. Using the untested Buster Vehicle CB-01, Hiromu battles the MegaZord while the other Go-Busters tackle ShovelRoid.
Super Hero Taisen
Early on in his career, he and the other Go-Busters meet almost the entire Super Sentai and Kamen Rider community when a crisis forces their figureheads into a ruse that created one of the biggest battles of Sentai and Rider history.
Super Hero Taisen Z
to be added
Kyoryuger vs. Go-Busters
to be added
Zyuohger vs. Ninninger
Red Buster appeared as part of a conference of the first 38 Reds led by Red Falcon, whom addressed the Ninningers and Zyuohgers as the greater Super Sentai pantheon intervened to save them from defeat at the hands of the titanic Gillmarda. Empowering the Combination Nin Shuriken to form Wild Tousai Shuriken King, the first 38 Super Sentai further imbued their successors with the power to perform the Zyuoh Ninnin Super Sentai Burst, destroying Gillmarda with the combined power of all 40 Super Sentai.
Chou Super Hero Taisen
An iteration of Red Buster Powered Custom was summoned from the Game World as part of a team of five of the Strongest Sentai Rangers alongside five of the Strongest Kamen Riders by Kamen Rider Brave, helping to defeat the army of Shocker.
Super Sentai Strongest Battle
Hiromu joined the Super Sentai Strongest Battle as a member of Speed Team. It’s unknown whether he participated in the match, but was ultimately eliminated after his team lost the first round against Brain Team.
Hiromu is the serious young leader of the Go-Busters. He loves his sister, even if she thinks he shouldn't be a Go-Buster. He is also quite blunt, as it's his personal policy to give it to a person "straight," like telling Cheeda that he has poor directions despite being a Buddy Roid. It's because of his bluntness that he often clashes with fellow Go-Buster Yoko, who hates being wrong.
Hiromu has a deep fear of chickens which ironically became his Weakpoint. This started when Hiromu was young and playing hide-and-seek with Nick. Hiromu accidentally locked himself into a chicken coop and a startled chicken attacked him, which caused his fear..
It is also revealed that Hiromu was affected the most by the trauma of losing his parents at such a young age. This is especially evident when Filmloid tries to psychologically defeat the Go-Busters with illusions displaying their deepest desire. Hiromu was the only one affected, when the monster showed him being with his parents.
Another one of his weaknesses is that Hiromu wants to do things alone most of the time, not wanting to bother other people with his problems. An example of this is that he wants to bear the pain of losing his parents all by himself, instead of talking about it.
Powers and Abilities
- Hyper Speed
- Hiromu can move at extremely fast speeds, which rivals even a near-lightspeed power.
- Body Flicker
- By combining with Cheeda Nick in Powered Custom mode, Hiromu can move even faster, to the point of short-range teleportation.
- When he confronts, or just simply sees or hears anything related to chickens (his biggest fear due to a psychological childhood trauma of being brutally attacked by one), he is instantly frozen, even in mid-air. However, he has gradually suppressed this weakness due to his friends helping him confront his fear. At most in more recent appearances, it does not fully immobilize him but slows down his movement and superhuman reflexes significantly.
Appearances in other media
Red Buster rides up to Gokai Red on his motorcycle. After getting off, Gokai Red throws a punch which Red Buster stops, (The punch being the continuing responsibility). Gokai Red leaves shortly after. Red Buster quickly turns in the direction Gokai Red headed towards and bows out of respect. This is the first Hand-Off to involve another character, as Red Buster's motorcycle is Cheeda Nick. However, this is minor, as Nick does nothing more than be a normal motorcycle.
Red Buster appears to walk towards the camera until suddenly Kyoryu Red attacks him from behind. They get into a short scuffle until Red Buster catches a punch (similar to his interaction to Gokai Red) stopping the fight. Kyoryu Red faces the camera and punches towards it while Red Buster leans on top of his shoulder.
Super Hero Taihen
to be added
Go-Busters video game
Hiromu as Red Buster appears with his team in the Nintendo DS Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters video game.
- Hiromu Sakurada/Red Buster: to be added
- Hiromu Sakurada/Red Buster Powered Custom: to be added
Super Sentai Battle Base
Red Buster is among the vast pantheon of Rangers which are available in the mobile game Super Sentai Battle Base, with his Powered Custom being available as well.
Super Sentai Legend Wars
Red Buster (Powered Custom) appears with his team among all Sentai in the mobile game Super Sentai Legend Wars.
- "It's Morphin' Time!"
- ―Transformation announcement[src]
- Go-Buster Ace: Red Buster's MegaZord, formed when his Buddy Roid, Cheeda Nick combines with his Buster Vehicle CB-01. It has three modes: MegaZord, Buster Animal, and Buster Machine. It also becomes the torso and upper legs of Go-BusterOh.
- "Powered Custom! It's Morphin' Time!"
- ―Transformation announcement[src]
As Red Buster uses the GB Custom Visor, Cheeda Nick's data transfers and projects onto Red Buster's suit to form a powerful armor based on the "protector" prototypes. Cheeda and Red Buster, to a degree are combined and can teleport swiftly in a puff of red smoke. Red Buster/Cheeda gain the attack "Volcanick Attack" which allows them to manifest as a flaming CB-01 Cheetah that charges toward the enemy.
Appearances: Episodes 33-34, 36, 39-43, Go-Busters Returns, 45-46, Go-Busters vs. Gokaiger, 47-50, Kyoryuger vs. Go-Busters, Chou Super Hero Taisen
Energy Management Center profile
- This profile is given in the Go-Busters credit shots in the opening sequence.
- ID: 555-913-315
- Code Name: Red Buster
- Blood type: AB
- Age: 20
Legend Sentai Devices
The Red Buster Ranger Key (レッドバスターレンジャーキー Reddo Basutā Renjā Kī) is a Go-Buster Ranger Key that was given to the Gokaigers by Hiromu. As a red key, it is primarily used by Captain Marvelous (Gokai Red).
- Claiming the Whale Change Gun, Marvelous used this key as part of a fight against the Zyuohgers, specifically Zyuoh Gorilla and Zyuoh The World, the later of whom was disillusion as Marvelous eclipsed him by one having transformed four times.
A Go-Busters Zyudenchi, bearing the likeness of Red Buster, was one of three Super Sentai Zyudenchi (スーパー戦隊獣電池 Sūpā Sentai, Super Squadron Beast Batteries) which were developed by Doctor Ulshade and the Special Operations Unit. Given to Hiromu by Masato Jin as a last aid before disappearing, it is used to transport the Go-Busters trio to join the Kyoryugers in Raiden Kyoryuzin, with Tategami Lioh quickly appearing and combining with the Zyuden Giant to form Tategami Raiden Kyoryuzin.
The Legend Sentai Ressha (レジェンド戦隊レッシャー Rejendo Sentai Ressha) are Ressha based on the mecha, specifically those belonging to the Red heroes, of the ToQgers' preceding Super Sentai teams. They can form a unique combination of ToQ-Oh reminiscent of past Sentai Robos by switching with Red Ressha. The ToQ Changer toy is shown to have sounds for Legend Ressha of all 37 previous Sentai.
Go-Busters Ressha (ゴーバスターズレッシャー Gōbasutāzu Ressha) - The Ressha associated with the Go-Busters, based off of Red Buster's CB-01 (Go-Buster Ace); when replacing Red Ressha in ToQ-Oh, it forms ToQ-Oh Go-Buster Ace. Also appears as an SG Ressha.
- A copy of Red Buster was created by Filmloid as part of a fake Go-Buster trio.
- Two Buglars were given the appearance of Red Buster by Sprayloid 2.
- Enter copied his bio-data from the Messiah card in Hiromu's body to become Dark Buster, a twisted evil variation of Red Buster Powered Custom.
Hiromu Sakurada is portrayed by Katsuhiro Suzuki (鈴木 勝大 Suzuki Katsuhiro), who will later played as Mondo Douan/Kamen Rider Quiz in Kamen Rider Zi-O. As a child, he is portrayed by Ryu Hashizume (橋爪 龍 Hashizume Ryū). Hiromu was briefly voiced by Syo Jinnai (陳内 将 Jinnai Sho) when he disguised himself as Enter in Mission 14: Ça va? Rescue Operation. Hiromu was also briefly portrayed by Arisa Komiya (小宮 有紗 Komiya Arisa) in Mission 28: Beware of Chickens, when Sprayloid 2 caused his appearance to change into that of Yoko, though Katsuhiro Suzuki still provided Hiromu's voice.
As Red Buster, his suit actor is Yoshifumi Oshikawa (押川 善文 Oshikawa Yoshifumi), whose previous role was Gokai Blue in Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger. He has also done suit work for Gosei Black, Shinken Blue, Go-On Blue, and several Kamen Riders. This is the first time he has played a Red Ranger.
Behind the scenes
- Hiromu is the first Red ranger since two of his predecessors to receive the following:
- The first since Ryo of the Heavenly Fire Star/RyuuRanger (Dairanger) where his primary mech can transform into its own giant robot (0.5 Robo).
- The first since Matoi Tatsumi/GoRed (GoGo-V) to have his own motorcycle.
- He's the second Ranger to be based on a cheetah, the first being Ran Uzaki/GekiYellow (Gekiranger). Coincidentally, both characters' names are written in the same fashion, where the given name is in katakana and the surname in kanji.
- His super speed Buster Power is strong enough to compete in the same league with Kamen Rider Kabuto's famous Clock Up System, which enables Kabuto to travel at near-light speeds by slowing down time. This is shown in Kamen Rider × Super Sentai: Super Hero Taisen, where Hiromu takes on Tsukasa Kadoya (Kamen Rider Decade), who Kamen Rides into Kamen Rider Kabuto.
- Hiromu, as well as Cheeda Nick, have their own personal theme: One Wish, One Day. This song was played during the end of Episode 9 and 10 of Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters.
- Hiromu's ID number (555-913-315) is coincidentally similar to the combined code numbers of Kamen Riders Faiz (555), Kaixa (913), and Psyga (315) from Kamen Rider 555.
- Hiromu's super-speed is similar to that of Bun of the Flashmen.
- In the Korean dub of Go-Busters entitled Power Rangers Go-Busters, which aired in South Korea, Hiromu is renamed Jacky, while he keeps his ranger name.
- Blaze - Power Rangers counterpart in Beast Morphers. See comparison page. (Intended to be Red Ranger)
- Devon Daniels - Power Rangers counterpart in Beast Morphers. See comparison page. (Current Red Ranger)
- Ran Uzaki - the only other Cheetah-based Ranger in Super Sentai.
- Hiromu Sakurada - alternate reality counterpart.
- Red Buster at the Super Sentai Battle: Dice-O official website
- Red Buster at the Dice-O Wiki