|This article is about a/an monster in Tensou Sentai Goseiger.|
Hidou of the Swift Runner (韋駄天のヒドウ Idaten no Hidō) was a Ylabungora Alien (イラブンゴラ星人 Irabungora Seijin) working for the Universal Annihilation Army Warstar.
Hidou was summoned by Dereputa to distract or destroy the Goseigers while he dealt with Alata. When he first appeared, the others had a hard time keeping up with his speed, but Alata was able to read his movements with the wind due to his Skick abilities and thus discovered his weakness. However due to Dereputa targeting Alata, the other Goseiger are forced to train using Eri's Twistornado to read the wind and allow for them to fight Hidou on their own. When they face the Warstar Insect again, Alata is once again picked off by Dereputa, but the other four are able to use their training to finally read his speed and hit him with their Gosei Blasters. Using a combination of Hyde's Shark Headder and the Seaick Brothers, the Goseiger defeated Hidou with the Seaick Buster.
After Buredoran grows Hidou with the Bibi Bugs, the Goseiger try to face Hidou first with Gosei Great until Alata faints due to his fight with Dereputa wearing him out. Agri and Moune take over the battle, trying to catch up with Hidou using their speed and the Snake Headder's biting ability to slow him down. However their determination to not give up awakens new allies: the Landick Brothers, which they use to create Landick Gosei Great and catch up and ultimately defeat Hidou with the Landick Strike.
to be added
Powers and Abilities
- Enhanced Speed: Hidou possesses superspeed that allows him to move so fast that he can both attack and avoid his opponents' attacks.
Behind the Scenes
Hidou of the Swift Runner was portrayed by Wataru Takagi.
- Hidou is modeled after a dragonfly.
- Hidou's name is from The Hidden (ヒドゥン Hidun).
- His home planet "Ylabungora" (イラブンゴラ) is an anagram of "dragonfly" (ドラゴンフライ), with the "do" kana removed and the "fu" kana accented.
- The head of the suit was modified into an announcer that appeared in Episode 2 of Uchu Sentai Kyuranger.
- Hidou's spoken line when he encounters the Goseigers is a reference to the titular protagonist of Kaitetsu Zubat.
to be added