|This article is about a/an toy company involved in the Power Rangers franchise.|
Hasbro is an American multinational toy and board game company headquartered in Pawtucket, Rhode Island. It is the largest toy maker in the world in terms of stock market value, and third largest with revenues of approximately $4.45 billion. Hasbro acquired the trademarks and products of Kenner, Galoob, Tiger Electronics, Parker Brothers, and Milton Bradley, among others.
Among its products are Monopoly, G.I. Joe, Furby, Transformers, Nerf, My Little Pony (who also made a direct reference to the franchise through the plot of the episode “Power Ponies”), Star Wars, Marvel and Yo-Kai Watch. The Hasbro brand also spawned TV shows to promote its products, such as Family Game Night on the Discovery Family network. It was announced on February 16, 2018, that Saban Brands would partner with Hasbro to make Power Rangers toys. However, on May 1, 2018, it was announced that Hasbro had taken over full rights to Power Rangers and most if not all of the other Saban Brands properties after an acquisition purchase. Hasbro will produce a sequel to the 2017 film.
Allspark Pictures, a subsidiary of Hasbro which produces and co-finances their live-action film and television, is the current producer of future Power Rangers content.
- Hasbro at Wikipedia.
- ↑ Hasbro, Saban Partner For 'Power Rangers' Toys Starting in 2019
- ↑ https://newsroom.hasbro.com/news-releases/news-release-details/hasbro-named-global-master-toy-licensee-sabans-power-rangers
- ↑ https://newsroom.hasbro.com/news-releases/news-release-details/hasbro-acquire-saban-brands-power-rangers-and-other
- ↑ https://newsroom.hasbro.com/news-releases/news-release-details/hasbro-closes-acquisition-saban-properties-power-rangers-and
- ↑ IGN - POWER RANGERS MOVIE SEQUEL IN THE WORKS