|This article is about a/an monster in Power Rangers Lost Galaxy.|
- "You summoned?"
- ―Hardtochoke's first words.[src]
Hardtochoke was a monster recruited by Deviot to control his captive Zords whilst on the Terra Venture, as an assistant to test their power. He serves as the secondary antagonist of the second part of the episode "The Lost Galactabeasts".
Hardtochoke was an alien monster with long claws on his wrists. After his first unsuccessful attempt to obtain the three lost Zords from the Galaxy Rangers, Deviot hired Hardtochoke and gave him a device that controls the Zords before sending him to deploy the said Zords to attack Terra Venture and test their power. Hardtochoke ordered the evil Zords destroy Terra Venture and then destroyed the device to prevent the Rangers from regaining control over them. He then enlarged himself and had the zords protect him from the Galaxy Megazord and Torozord. However the Rangers managed to help the Zords regain their past memories and they turned good again. With the Stratoforce Megazord and Centaurus Megazord back on the side of good, they attacked Hartochocke with punches and kicks before he was blasted by the Zenith Carrierzord. Afterwards, the Galaxy Megazord was able to destroy Hardtochoke with little difficulty using the Galaxy Megazord Saber.
Hardtochoke was later resurrected by Hexuba in the Lost Galaxy to exact revenge against the Galaxy Rangers (on Captain Mutiny's orders) and fought the Rangers once again on the Terra Venture. It took a combination of Leo and Maya's Quasar Launchers, Damon's Transblaster, Karone's Beta Bow, and Mike's Magna Blaster to destroy Hardtochoke.
Hardtochoke was a cunning, manipulative, and pragmatic monster who won't stop at his mission to destroy the Rangers and test the controlled Galactabeasts. He was also intelligent and calculating at his plan to attack Terra Venture with his captured Galactabeasts and nearly succeeded in his mission. Although his arrogance caused his defeat, he is still loyal to Deviot.
Powers and Abilities
- Teleportation: Hardtochoke can teleport at will.
- Enlarging: Hardtochoke can freely enlarge himself at will.
- Stingwingers Summoning: Hardtochoke can summon a group of Stingwingers to attack the Rangers.
- Durability: Hardtochoke's body is covered in thick scales that allow him to withstand attacks.
- Deviot's Remote Controller: Hardtochoke used Deviot's remote controller to control the three lost Galactazords. He later destroyed it to prevent the Rangers from regaining control of the Zords.
- Wrist Claws: Hardtochoke has large razor-sharp claws on his wrists which he can use in battle.
- Lightning Bolts: Hardtochoke can shoot green lightning bolts from his claws.
Behind the Scenes
to be added
- His name is a pun on artichoke, due to how his scales resembled them.
- He is supposedly sasquatch/yeti-themed like his Sentai counterpart, but he also happens to resemble a pangolin.
- Hardtochoke was the last monster to work under Scorpius since after his death, Trakeena became the new ruler.