|This article is about a/an episode in Power Rangers Ninja Steel.|
Hack Attack is the seventh episode of Power Rangers Ninja Steel. It is the beginning of the six-episode story arc that features the full appearance of the Gold Ranger. It also features the debut of the Astro Zord and the Astro Ninja Steel Megazord.
Determined to take part in as many schools activities as she can, Sarah builds a device that allows her to clone herself, but the plan backfires when Hacktrack steals the technology for himself!
Sarah arrives at Summer Cove High, bumping into Mick because of herself laden with equipment for club meetings. Mick remarks that the rumors about Sarah are true, she actually signed up for four different clubs. Sarah replies that this'll look good for a future college application. Mick questions on how she will be in four places at once since the club meetings occur at the same time. Sarah doesn't reply to Mick clearly, remarking "It's for me to know... and for you to find out," and runs off excitedly.
In all the clubs she attended, she excelled in all of them; outrunning Brody on track and field; beating Preston at chess; finishing a tent earlier than Calvin and Hayley; and beating Victor's record on the Archery Club. During ranger training, Sarah programs a new Ninja Laser called Whiplash into their Ninja Blasters. Calvin and Hayley are curious about Sarah's timing since they claim she was at Camping Club with them. Preston and Brody deny as they also state that Sarah was with them individually: Preston in Chess Club, and Brody in Track Club. Before Sarah can explain about her invention, the team is attacked by Kudabots and today's contestant, Hacktrack. Midway through the fight, Sarah disappears, leaving behind a small grey sphere that Hacktrack absorbs.
Back at the base when the Rangers run to Mick about Sarah's disappearance, Mick points to the real Sarah who has been behind the computer. Realizing she needs to explain herself as she almost gave the Rangers a heart attack, Sarah reveals that wasn't really her at training. She created a holoprojector: a holographic machine to implicate clones of herself, which allowed her to go to four distinct clubs simultaneously. Much to the rangers' horror, Hacktrack has upgraded her tech. Using it, Hacktrack can create eight gigantic clones of Galvanax while the real one stays on the Warrior Dome.
With Sarah distressing over this, she decides to use her four clones in the job of getting the tech back, while the other rangers fight the copies. Unfortunately, Sarah's plan backfires as all four clones distract her since they need her help all at once. Suddenly, Mick appears playing four instruments at the same time. Mick asks for her help, but Sarah tells him that she can't and he should only play one instrument at a time. Finally, it dawns to her that Mick reminds her of what she's doing. She decides to solve the problem with her real self and turns off her four clones. Sarah creates another device and allows Hacktrack to absorb it, as it starts to damage the monster. Sarah reveals this gizmo has a computer virus in it, which severs Galvanax's connection, dispelling the clones. The rangers make quick work of Hacktrack with the various modes on the element stars. The crowd loved Hacktrack, allowing him to be Gigantified. The rangers follow him to the moon, courtesy of the new Astro Zord and the Astro Ninja Steel Megazord. Using the cosmic blast, Hacktrack's moon walk is ended.
Sarah tells Principal Hastings that she's quitting her clubs having learned her lesson, just as Monty breaks the Archery Record, courtesy of Victor's newest scheme. However the rangers rush to the base, as Mick informs them the Astro Zord has taken off by itself, targeting the warrior dome. The Zord blasts a hole in the side of the ship, freeing Odius's prisoner, just as Ripcon shows up to see the damages. As the Astro Zord lands, its passenger is none other than the Gold Ranger.
- William Shewfelt - Brody Romero (Ninja Steel Red)
- Peter Sudarso - Preston Tien (Ninja Steel Blue)
- Nico Greetham - Calvin Maxwell (Ninja Steel Yellow)
- Zoe Robins - Hayley Foster (Ninja Steel White)
- Chrysti Ane - Sarah Thompson (Ninja Steel Pink)
- Jordi Webber - Levi Weston (Ninja Steel Gold)
- Kelson Henderson - Mick Kanic
- Chris Reid - Victor Vincent
- Caleb Bendit - Monty
- Amanda Billing - Principal Hastings
- Byron Coll - Redbot (voice)
- Richard Simpson - Galvanax (voice)
- Jacque Drew - Madame Odius (voice)
- Campbell Cooley - Ripcon, Cosmo Royale (voices)
- Ian Hughes - Hacktrack (voice)
- Luanne Gordon - Reporter
- Daryl Habraken - Narrator
- Ninja Steel Red - Red Ninja (Whip Lash) (x3), Mega Morph Cycle, Red Ninja (Steel Slash), Robo Red Zord, Ninja Master Mode, Astro Zord
- Ninja Steel Blue - Blue Ninja (Whip Lash) (x3), Mega Morph Cycle, Element (Water Mode), Blue Ninja (Steel Slash), Dragon Zord, Ninja Master Mode
- Ninja Steel Yellow - Yellow Ninja (Whip Lash) (x3), Mega Morph Cycle, Element (Earth Mode), Yellow Ninja (Steel Slash), Nitro Zord, Ninja Master Mode
- Ninja Steel White - White Ninja (Whip Lash) (x3), Mega Morph Cycle, Element (Earth Mode), White Ninja (Steel Slash), Kodiak Zord, Ninja Master Mode
- Ninja Steel Pink - Pink Ninja (Steel Slash), Zoom Zord, Ninja Master Mode
- Ninja Steel Gold - N/A
- When Victor uses his angular dangular arrow and accidentally hits a bee hive, it lands directly into his hand. Once Monty notices, the distance between him and Victor changes despite Monty not backing away from him.
- Preston is surprised that the Astro Zord has a ninja mode. However he should have expected this, since the Rumble Tusk Zord has a ninja mode too.
- When Hacktrack is knocked down by the Earth Element Attack, he proclaims "I've fallen and I can't get up," the famous line for Life Alert commercials.
- The shot of Hacktrack growing is exclusively American made because, in Ninninger, he grew and disappeared off-screen and we did not get a close-up of his face.
- This is the second appearance of Principal Hastings.
- Unlike his Super Sentai counterpart, Hacktrack remains with his true face intact for the full duration of the episode.
- This is the first episode where the Rangers use the Element Stars' Earth Mode.
- This is the second time that the Mega Morph Cycle is used.
- As of this episode, Sarah is the only one of the team to have not yet used a Mega Morph Cycle Star.
- This episode is centered around Sarah.
- Like Dino Charge, episode 7 focuses on the Pink Rangers, with Shelby and Sarah's cases.
- This is the first appearance of Galvanax in Ninninger footage.
- This episode is very similar to the episode Blind Leading the Blind in Power Rangers Jungle Fury where Theo learns not to handle too many things at once.
- The concept of a Ranger creating a holographic clone of themselves was first used with Cyber Cam.
- A small clip from Recipe for Disaster, particularly civilians running from the arrival of Lord Arcanon's Crew, can be seen when the Galvanaxes were attacking, and the same clip played with the same civilians running.
- The giant Galvanaxes are clearly seen destroying buildings in this episode. Making this yet another episode in the entire franchise where building destruction is used since the 9/11 terrorist attack.
- Shinobi 5: The Space Ninja UFOmaru! - Super Sentai counterpart in Ninninger. See comparison page. (fight footage & story)
- Shinobi 8: The Nekomata Who Leapt Through Time! - Super Sentai counterpart in Ninninger. See comparison page. (Gold Ranger's first appearance)