|This article is about a/an monster in Power Rangers Jungle Fury.|
- "Why am I so itchy?"
Grinder was a Hanuman-themed Phantom Beast Warrior who held the spirit of the Monkey. He wielded a staff in battle which allows him to control fire. Grinder serves as the main antagonist of the episode "Maryl and the Monkeys".
Grinder was one of Phantom Beast Warriors. He used the battle style of Hanuman (the mythical monkey king, the character of Chinese mythology) and also holded the spirit of the monkey. He wielded a staff in battle that allows him to control fire. During the first Beast War, Grinder fought, alongside his allies, against Pai Zhuq Academy and Dai Shi Clan. He was destroyed along with other Phantom Beasts. However, Crystal Eyes that possessed the power to resurrect them were left behind. In the twenty-third episode, Jellica used the Crystal Eyes to revive Phantom Beasts and ordered them to serve her and help her destroy Dai Shi. But Scorch, Snapper and Whiger betrayed and destroyed her and joined Dai Shi. Grinder was summoned by Scorch along with other Phantom Beast Wariors. In the twenty-ninth episode, Grinder aided Camille in stealing a primate duplicatation formula from the scientist Maryl Snyder. Camille tested the formula on Grinder and then sent him to attack Ocean Bluff. Grinder attacked the city and encountered Jungle Fury Rangers. He used the ability gained from the formula to create hundreds of clones and they fought the Power Rangers. Dominic went after Maryl, while the other Rangers battled the Grinder clones. Later on they summoned the Spirit Rangers to help them. Although the clones were weak, there were many and the heroes found it hard to battle them even with the help of the Spirit Rangers. Camille ordered Grinder not to show up and a side effect of the formula made him itchy. Grinder ran and hid at the lake. However, Scorch arrived and told Grinder that Camille changed her mind and had him fight the Rangers. Dominic arrived and took down Grinder with the Rhino Morpher Claw. Grinder then grew. The Rangers formed their Megazords to battle him. The monster fought the Jungle Master Megazord, Wolf Pride Megazord, and Rhino Pride Megazord. Grinder attacked the Zords with flames, but Dominic used the Rhino Super Freeze attack to freeze him on ice and the Phantom Beast was then destroyed by the Jungle Master Stampede Formation. In the final battle, Grinder was revived by Dai Shi, but was destroyed, along with Unidoom, by the 7 Pai Zhua Masters.
Grinder was cowardly Phantom Beast Warrior, who didn't like to fight and was also weak in battle. He helped Camille, but was far too cowardly to personally battle the Rangers. He also suffered from fleas and itchiness and was shown to be comical and funny. But he eventually found bravery to fight the Power Rangers and did all he could do, but finally lost. But he is also loyal to Dai Shi and Camille.
Powers and Abilities
- Enlarging: Just like all other Phantom Beasts, Grinder is able to enlarge himself by using the absorbed fear.
- Self-Cloning: With the help of formula created by Dr. Maryl Snyder, Grinder is able to create multiple clones of himself.
- Strength: Grinder possesses big physical strength, enough to battle the Power Rangers.
- Skilled Fighter: Plus to his strength, Grinder is also a capable fighter.
- Agility: Being a monkey-like Phantom Beast, Grinder possesses formidable agility and can dodge the strikes of his enemies.
- Cowardice: Grinder is very cowardly and prefers to run and hide from his enemies.
- Itchiness: The one thing that Dr. Maryl Snyder didn't perfect in the cloning formula was that the monkey affected by it will have a bad experience of itchiness. Grinder was very itchy and it didn't let him be comfortable. It also made him easily distinguishable from his copies.
- Clone Dependency: Destroying the original makes all the copies vanish.
- Staff: Grinder wields a staff in battle.
Behind the Scenes
- Grinder was voiced by Darren Young.
to be added
to be added
- Aside from being based on Hanuman, the monkey deity in Hinduism, he's also a reference to Sun Wukong, (also known as "Son Goku"), the monkey king of Chinese novel Journey to the West, especially with his ability to clone himself (albeit through a formula).
- His name was later used for Venjix's footsoldiers the following season.
to be added