|This article is about a/an monster in Power Rangers Dino Charge and Power Rangers Dino Super Charge.|
- "Wrench, send in my biggest, baddest monster. Release the Greenzilla!"
- ―Sledge describing Greenzilla to Wrench in an order to unleash him against the Power Rangers.[src]
The Greenzillas were dinosaur/plant-themed alien outlaws who served as major antagonists in the episode "One More Energem" and were the final threat of Dino Charge. They later returned as the main antagonists of the episode "Edge of Extinction."
After the Dino Charge Rangers escape from Sledge's grasp, he calls Wrench to unleash his strongest monster, a large dinosaur-like plant monster called the Greenzilla, it is unleashed on Earth during Sledge's last attack, immediately enlarged and meant to distract the Dino Charge Rangers while he prepares an Energem-powered cannon that will destroy the Dino Charge Megazord in one shot. It appears whilst the Rangers try to enter space in the Ptera Zord to confront Sledge's Ship As Tyler and Shelby are fighting thier way onto Sledge's Ship, the other five Rangers fight Greenzilla but no matter what moves and/or combination they use, it is not enough and are all no match for the Greenzilla. The plan backfires and the villains are defeated in their own turf as the heroes ambush them and the ship's controls are damaged so much that it crash lands, destroying much of it and leaving Greenzilla as the last evil standing. The Rangers then pull out all the stops and pool their resources, combining the T-Rex Zord, the Plesio Charge Megazord, and the Pachy Zord to form the strongest Megazord avaliable to them: the Plesio Charge Megazord Pachy-Rex Formation. Greenzilla is no match and is destoyed by the T-Rex Blast and the Galactic Blast which launches it into the air where it explodes which puts a seeming end to the struggle.
During the crash of the ship however, Sledge finds Greenzilla eggs which have survived inside his cell and decides to fake his death, planting the eggs around the world, including in Hawaii, Japan, and China as part of his master plan, treating the trip as a vacation that he enjoys.
The Rangers later find one egg in Amber Beach and are informed by Heckyl that there are five more in Japan, New York, England, Hawaii, and China. The eggs all hatch almost simultaneously with the one the Rangers have found being destroyed before it can fully hatch and grow. The others are subsequently destroyed by the Spino Charge Megazord Ankylo-Pachy Formation (in Tokyo), the Dino Charge Megazord Tri-Ankylo Formation's Ankylo Hammer Punch in New York, the Plesio Charge Megazord Pachy Formation Wrecking Ball Final Strike in Hawaii, the Ptera Charge Megazord Para-Raptor Formation Ptera Lightning Bliss in England and the Titano Charge Megazord Final Collosal Crush in China. However, Snide is able to track the remains of the egg to the Rangers' base and invade it though he is driven out by Heckyl and destroyed.
Although the Greenzillas are all destroyed, their eggshells remain behind and the five are used as anchors for Sledge's Electro-Net, allowing him to pull Earth out of orbit as he intends to sell the planet to a junk dealer. However, the plan backfires as he is sucked into a Dark Energem portal and the last remnants of the Greenzillas are presumably destroyed off-screen by the Rangers.
The Greenzillas were feral monsters, quite unlike the other outlaws which made up the vast majority of Sledge's prisoners. They were described by Sledge as his most dangerous monsters. They were also very violent, attacking anything in sight, including its captors. Also unlike other outlaws in Sledge's army, they didn't talk, only speaking in growls and roars due to being completely mindless forces of destruction.
Powers and Abilities
- Power: The Greenzillas were Sledge's most powerful and dangerous monsters as he even described them as his "biggest. baddest monster(s). They were in fact one of the strongest and most powerful monsters in the entire Power Rangers franchise, defeating multiple Megazords and requiring some of the strongest formations in the franchise's history to defeat.
- Darkness: The arrival of the Greenzilla in "One More Energem" caused the sky to turn dark.
- Mouth Energy Beam: The Greenzillas' strongest attack where they could charge up with green energy and fire a powerful turquoise colored energy beam from their mouths. This took down the Dino Charge Megazord Pachy Formation with one hit.
- Hand to Hand Combat: Despite being mindless creatures, the Greenzillas were able to completely overwhelm the various Megazords single handedly.
- Strength: The Greenzillas were the strongest monsters in Dino Charge, easily deflecting the Pachy Zord Wrecking Ball with a slight swipe of its arm.
- Durability: Even the Dino Charge Megazord's Pachy Zord Wrecking Ball attack just bounced right off of a Greenzilla and its successors withstood multiple strongesr attacks from other Megazords.
to be added
- Snake Claws: The Greenzillas had large snake-like claws for combat.
- Lightning Beams: The Greenzillas could fire yellow colored lightning beams from their claws.
- Plant Hair Tentacles: The Greenzillas had a group of tentacle-like appendages for their hairs which they could launch to entangle their enemies.
- Lightning Wave: The Greenzillas could charge up their tentacles with green lightning to release lightning waves of the same color to shock their enemies.
Behind the Scenes
- The Greenzillas were voiced by Campbell Cooley but he only provided snarls and growls.
to be added
- The Greenzillas were derived from the main antagonist of Kyoryuger whose final form was not used for Power Rangers. The first Greenzillas were derived from footage of his initial mindless rampage and the successors were duplicates created by Heximas' counterpart.
to be added
- Transcendenterfly God Deboth - Super Sentai counterpart in Kyoryuger. See comparison page. (Prehistoric Form)