|This article is about a/an evil ranger in Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.|
Rita planned to destroy the Power Rangers using evil reflections of them and sent six Putties to train and defeat the Rangers. One Putty went on to pass the course and went on to become the Green Mutant Ranger but another failed to pass and was replaced by the Commander Crayfish monster to act as the team's Red Ranger. The Green Mutant Ranger's weapon was the Sword of Darkness that Tommy used to have when he was under Rita's spell. Rita had Goldar send the Pink and Green Mutant Rangers to Angel Grove Park as an advance guard where they then confronted Tommy and Kimberly when they were walking home from the Angel Grove Youth Center. Green was the first Mutant Ranger to attack, circling Tommy and referencing the events of "Green With Evil." He provoked Tommy into attacking but easily ducked his kicks and even absorbed many kicks in his side whilst managing to hold his own although Tommy soon turned the tables and jump kicked him down. After Pink told Kimberly this was "kinda like fighting in a mirror", Green ducked and then delivered a swing kick to Tommy before telling him he knew his moves better than Tommy himself. With Tommy impressed by them matching him move for move, the Green Mutant Ranger kicked him down and told him he was just a prelude to what was to come before teleporting out.
The Green Mutant Ranger was initially held in reserve from the shoreline fight between the actual and Mutant Rangers. However, Tommy soon arrived (having apparently forgotten to answer his Communicator earlier on) so Commander Crayfish summoned Green to the battle. Even with all six Rangers now in combat, Green was able to match Tommy only to be cut down so the evil Rangers regrouped and combined their weapons into the Mutant Power Blaster. Once fired, it took all six down but they were still able to bid a hasty retreat to the Mutant Rangers' delight. Unfortunately for the Evil Rangers, the Power Rangers had upgraded versions of their regular Power Weapons and were able to deliver a complete thrashing to their counterparts. In desperation, the Mutant Rangers formed the Mutant Blaster whilst the Power Rangers formed their Power Blaster. In a Blaster vs. Blaster fight, the new weapons proved too much for Crayfish and the Mutant Rangers, outright destroying the Yellow Mutant Ranger & Pink Mutant Ranger immediately and knocking out the other four.
Rita then made Commander Crayfish and the male Mutant Rangers grow so the Rangers formed the Megazord and called upon the Dragonzord. Commander Crayfish fought the Megazord whilst the Black, Blue, and Green Mutant Rangers all took on the Dragonzord. However, all four were completely useless and were knocked down so they formed a pyramid with Crayfish on top. Blue and Black kicked back the Zords before Crayfish had Green blast them with his Pyro Blast. Unfortunately for them, the real Power Rangers formed the Ultrazord which scared the Commander Crayfish and he told his teammates to back him off. However, they were far two slow so the Ultrazord opened fire and mowed down all five which made all five fall into a large pile and explode.
The Green Mutant Ranger was shown to be boastful and arrogant and talked with Tommy's voice, but lacked his noble and heroic personality. Green also enjoyed teasing and abusing Tommy by challenging the real Green Ranger into a fight and asking what was he capable of.
Powers and Abilities
- Strength: The Green Mutant Ranger was demonstrated to take down Tommy with single slashes as well as hold Commander Crayfish on his shoulders.
- Skilled Fighter: The Green Mutant Ranger was shown as a capable fighter and combatant and was powerful enough to match Tommy.
- Pyro Blast: The Green Mutant Ranger was able to fire a massive stream of green energy from the gem in the center of his Dragon Shield that was strong enough to knock back the Megazord and Dragonzord with a single hit.
- Teleportation: The Green Mutant Ranger can teleport by vanishing in a green flame-like spark.
- Sword of Darkness: Rather than a Dragon Dagger, the Green Mutant Ranger wielded a version of the Sword of Darkness that was identical to the one Tommy used in "Green With Evil." Unlike the original however, it possessed no actual powers and was only a bladed weapon.
Behind The Scenes
- The Green Mutant Ranger was voiced by Jason David Frank, who also played Tommy, the real Green Ranger.
- The Green and Pink Mutant Rangers were the first Evil Rangers to appear in American footage and thus physically interacted with thier real counterparts.
- The previous Evil Ranger team appeared exclusively in Sentai footage (when "morphed").
- The Green Mutant Ranger, along with Commander Crayfish, Blue Mutant Ranger & Black Mutant Rangers were the last monsters to be destroyed by the original Ultrazord.
- The Green Mutant Ranger was one of the only two Mutant Rangers shown fighting in American-made footage, alongside the Pink Mutant Ranger.
- Like all Mutant Rangers, the Green Mutant Ranger lacks a sidearm, in his case lacking a Dragon Dagger or even a holster.
Tommy • Adam • Carlos • Damon • Joel • Trip • Cam • Bridge • Xander • Ziggy • Mike • Jake • Riley
Tommy (2016 comic)
|View • Talk • Edit|