|This article is about a/an monster in Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.|
|"I am the Goo Fish! You are no match for me!"|
|―The Goo Fish's introducing himself to Kimberly after knocking her down.[src]|
|"Ya ha ha ha ha ha ha!"|
|―The Goo Fish's signature laugh.[src]|
|"Your attempts are futile. You can’t stop me!"|
|―The Goo Fish when confronted by all five Power Rangers.[src]|
Goo Fish was a toxic fish monster who served as the main antagonist of the episode "Something Fishy."
Goo Fish is created by Finster and Rita sends him to Earth to exploit Billy's phobia of fishes. Goo Fish can shoot out hazardous and sticky goo from his mouth that can glue a person's feet to the ground. The Goo Fish appears on the beach where Billy and Kimberly encounter him after they defeat the Putty Patrol only for the monster to emerge from the sea and knock down Kimberly. Before they can fight the monster, Rita casts a spell on Billy and powers up his fear of fishes to make his fear crippling and take him out of the fight. The Goo Fish uses a spear in battle and destroys Power Bow arrows in the fight before overwhelming them. The other Power Rangers (who have been scuba diving) arrived and Jason blasts his spear out of his hand using his Blade Blaster, forcing the monster to retreat into the sea.
Goo Fish later returns with an army of Putties with orders from Goldar to catch the Megazord in a trap and destroy it with his poison. After his Putties are disposed of, Goo Fish catches the Rangers in a trap and thriws his toxic poison on them, making them unable to fight. Kimberly prepares to fight them but the others are knocked down with explosive trout and some explosive starfish take Kimberly down. Luckily, before the Goo Fish can kill them, Billy overpowers his fear of fish and defeats the monster by back-flipping over the monster. Goo Fish fires his poison at Billy but missed, causing the poison to fall onto his face. Billy then withdraws his Power Lance and jumps into the air, bounces off of a stone wall, and stabs the monster down with a blow to the face at which point the Rangers regroup to finish him off. Before the Rangers can form the Power Blaster though, Rita enlarges the monster so the Rangers summon the Megazord. Goo Fish fight the Megazord desperately but it easily smashes his spear by slamming down its fist. Though unarmed, the monster freezes the Megazord with his venom and takes down the Megazord. He is nearly victorious but the Rangers transform the poison into energy which re-powers the robot and the Goo Fish is stunned, allowing them to summon the Power Sword. The monster argue they are cheating but they energize it and he charges only to be cut down by an energy slash.
A few months later, after half of the Power Rangers were replaced and Tommy became the new White Ranger and leader of the Power Rangers, new Red Ranger Rocky DeSantos is acting as a volunteer lifeguard at Angel Grove Lake and is trying to motivate a paranoid child named Dougie by claiming that he has never seen a monster in the lake. Inspired, Lord Zedd decides to bring forth an army of fish monsters to destroy the Power Rangers through sheer numbers and prove Rocky wrong. After the Slippery Shark is resurrected and beats them down, Zedd senses his impending victory and resurrects both the Goo Fish and Pirantishead to help him finish them off. The Rangers combat the monsters but are evenly matched so Zedd has Goldar send in Commander Crayfish to bring them down. As Goldar obeys, the Goo Fish swings at Aisha but blocks a punch, grabs his arm in a second swing, but gets booted down in the back. Whilst Billy and Aisha lament their overwhelming, Rocky rolls forth and kicks down the Goo Fish before getting up and spinning away from a Slippery Shark swing but they double team and throw him away. Fortunately, Alpha finally gets through to Tommy as he and the remaining two Rangers emerge from the ocean and has them morph to help. The monsters are all amazed at the new arrivals (the Goo Fish calling them ugly with no sense of self-awareness) but they and the Rangers then pile in for one big brawl.
With his scheme falling apart, Zedd creates the Tube Monster and uses a Growth Bomb to make him giant in order to destroy Angel Grove whilst the Power Rangers are busy. Back at the Lake, the brawl continues as Billy grabs the Goo Fish but is thrown off just for Kimberly to kick him down. Upon learning of the Tube Monster’s existence however, due mostly to Zedd not thinking out his plan correctly, Tommy (as Kimberly physically restrains the Goo Fish) elects to remain behind to battle the other aquatic monsters whilst the other Power Rangers summon their Thunderzords. Whilst the Thunder Megazord slays the Tube Monster, Tommy lightning slashes his way through the fish monsters with Saba. However, the Goo Fish survives his first few slashes unlike the others but Tommy Is alerted to the attack by his sentient sword and unleashes more strikes which brings down Goo Fish, The devastating lightning slashes quickly cause the monster to cease to exist.
Four years later, the Slippery Shark and Goo Fish were among the monsters seen in the Machine Empire's army during Dark Specter's invasion of the universe. They were presumably recreated by Finster and given to King Mondo as an act of good will only to both be destroyed by Zordon's Energy Wave.
Goo Fish was a cunning, sneaky, and manipulative monster who was one of the most dangerous monsters of Rita's. He was very manipulative and unpredictable as he used Billy's ichthyophobia in the battle but, just like many other monsters, was faithful to Rita and Zedd.
Powers and Abilities
- Power-The Goo Fish is an extremely powerful monster. He nearly defeated the Rangers with his poison. Although he was eventually defeated.
- Underwater Breathing: The Goo Fish could also clearly breathe underwater since he was hiding in the sea until Kimberly and Billy defeated his Putties.
- Poison Projection: The Goo Fish could shoot purple toxic poison from his mouth which immobilized his victims and did not allow them to move and even managed to trap the Megazord.
- Red Energy Beam: Although only used whilst giant sized, the Goo Fish could fire a large red energy beam from his single eye strong enough to take down the Megazord with one hit.
- Strength: The Goo Fish possessed incredible strength, flipping Billy over his head and wrestling with the Megazord very easily.
- Durability-The Goo Fish survived a devastating lightning slash across the stomach from Saba and took about a dozen total lightning slashes to finally slay him.
to be added
- Spear: The Goo Fish used an enormous spear in battle which he was impressively skilled with it since he could strike down arrows from Kimberly's Power Bow.
- Explosive Starfish: Goo Fish could generate red starfish to throw and latch onto his enemies and explode with enough force to take down three Rangers with one hit.
- Explosive Trout: Goo Fish could generate trout which exploded on contact with the ground.
- Claws-After being resurrected by Lord Zedd, the Goo Fish had no weapons but used his razor sharp claws against Aisha.
Behind the Scenes
- Goo Fish was voiced by the late Robert Axelrod, who previously voiced Lokar and later voiced Lord Zedd.
- Goo Fish sounded and laughed exactly like Lord Zedd.
to be added
to be added
- The Goo Fish came from what is commonly referred to as Zyu2 footage, and was not seen in the original Zyuranger.
- The Goo Fish was also the first Zyu2 monster to appear.
to be added