|This article is about a/an monster in Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.|
Goatan (also known as the Storm Bringer) is a weather-controlling chimera monster who served as the primary antagonist of the episode "Lions & Blizzards".
- "Scabs, weasels, moons of Cryon make me a monster -- half goat, half lion."
- ―Rita's spell to create Goatan.
When the trophy turned into Goatan, Bulk and Skull got scared as Goatan attacks, resulting in them offering the monster catnip because of his lion head. Enraged, the monster blasted the duo with energy streamers until they fell into the nearby pond. Goatan's weather-controlling ability affected Angel Grove and even caused it to be placed under a tornado warning.
He then went to the quarry whilst Zordon briefed four of the Rangers (bar Zack who was on a date with Angela). When he was challenged by four of the Power Rangers, Goatan easily overpowered them, beating them soundly. Even Kimberly and her Power Bow were useless as the monster deflected several arrows and his bow was stronger than her own. Although Jason blasted him down with his Blade Blaster and made him lose his bow, he instead picked up and swung around a tree log, sending the Rangers flying onto the beach where he enveloped them in a giant energy cyclone generated by the mouth of the goat head. Luckily, Alpha contacted Zack who tore himself away from Angela. He morphed, arrived, and took Goatan down with his Power Axe.
With the monster stunned and open to attack, Rita had to make him grow so the Rangers summoned their Dinozords and formed the Megazord. Generating a snowstorm during the fight, Goatan proved to be a complete match for the Megazord until he was punched down so he unleashed a spray of his ice breath, encasing the Megazord in a thick sheet of ice. Goatan then drew a hockey stick and charged but Zack had the idea to make the Megazord spin off the snow, both shaking off the snow and hypnotizing Goatan in the process. It quickly got free and punched him down before Zack summoned the Power Sword. Goatan charged but was slain by a tan energy slash, being bowled over backwards and exploding on impact.
Unlike most objects that get turned into monsters, the Noble Lion Trophy was not restored after Goatan's destruction.
Goatan was a chimera-like monster with the upper torso, arms and head of a lion, and a lower body and legs of a goat with a goat's head in the middle of his torso, he also has a snake's tail with a dragons head and what appears to be dragon-like wings on his shoulders.
Goatan is a ruthless, cold and arrogant monster that will do anything in his power to destroy the Power Rangers.
Powers and abilities
- Strength: Goatan possesses superhuman strength, being able to pick up and swing tree logs around with inhuman ease.
- Durability: Goatan took a devastating slash from Zack's Power Axe (which landed from atop a cliff) but survived it.
- Extraordinary Leaper: Goatan can leap as high as a tall mound of dirt with a single bound.
- Extraordinary Jumper: In the same jump, Goatan jumped several hundred feet.
- Deflection: Goatan deflected two Power Bow arrows with a swipe of his claws.
- Weather Control: Goatan's primary ability is being able to control the weather by unleashing a relevant stream of the relevant element.
- Thunder Storms: Goatan can create very powerful thunder storms at will.
- Hurricanes: Goatan can caues destructive hurricanes.
- Tornadoes: Goatan can create destructive tornadoes.
- Blizzards: Goatan can unleash powerful blizzards.
- Blizzard Breath: Also from the goat's head, Goatan can fire out an ice blizzard which is cold enough to freeze the entire Megazord.
- Expert Archer: Goatan is very skilled using his massive black Olympic style bow, shooting through a Power Bow arrow and shooting down Kimberly.
- Energy String Breath: Goatan can charge orange energy into his chest and spew out light orange colored energy strings from the lion's mouth.
- Eye Lasers: Goaton can fire strong light pink colored energy lasers from the lion's eyes.
- Twister Blast: From the goat's head on his chest, Goatan can launch a red tornado to trap his enemies in.
- Crossbow: Goatan's first weapon is a crossbow that can fire arrows and was strong enough to go though the Pink Ranger's Power Bow.
- Ice Hockey Stick: Goatan's second weapon is an ice hockey stick.
- Tree Log: During the battle with the Rangers, Goatan acquired a tree log which he used as a melee weapon to smack the Rangers with.
- Claws: Even without his weapons, Goatan possesses clawed lion hands for combat.
Behind The Scenes
- Goaton is voiced by both Richard Epcar (who voices the lion head) and Tony Oliver (who voices the goat head). The lion head is the one of the two heads to speak the most often, the goat head having just two lines in the entire episode.
- Goatan's lion head has an identical voice to Shellshock.
- Goatan was the final monster from Zyuranger to appear in the show and the final monster to originate from the Super Sentai franchise until Pipebrain in Season 2.
- Goatan is arguably the most dangerous monster in all of Season 1 since his powers could have utterly destroyed the Earth and he may have even finished off the Rangers had he not been mesmerized by the spinning Megazord.
- Goatan is the only Mighty Morphin-era monster to have a nickname (the Storm Bringer).
- The original Zyuranger episode had Dora Chimera be a monster with the ability the steal the talents of various people (in this case athletes) in a giant red tornado. Bandora's ultimate goal was to overwhelm the Zyurangers and steal the athletes he stole the abilities of to make the children that idolized them miserable.
- This is why a weather themed monster has Olympics weapons.
- In Zyuranger, the snow storm was completely incidental to the Zord fight and was little more than window dressing whereas Power Rangers altered this to being caused by him.
- The shot of Goatan falling from the Power Axe blow cuts out him falling on his face and exploding for some reason. It was however flawless.