|This article is about a/an villain in Doubutsu Sentai Zyuohger.|
|"What is it, Naria?"|
|―Ginis’ first words when Naria spoke as the Deathgaliens arrived on Earth.[src]|
|"Allow me to introduce myself, lower life forms of Earth... I am the owner of the Deathgaliens, Ginis. Today, I've prepared a special game that you are all invited to. If you clear this challenge, I've got a lovely gift prepared for you."|
|―Ginis' message to Earth.[src]|
|"I am Ginis. The greatest and most powerful creature in the universe."|
|―Ginis after growing giant.[src]|
|"Impossible! I can't be... "|
|―Ginis' final words before his death.[src]|
Coming into being long ago from a conglomerate of Moebas, driven by his ego and self-hatred, Ginis created the Deathgaliens to satisfy his need to be greatly amused by the mass genocide of about ninety-nine worlds. Residing aboard the Deathgalien's space-faring base, the Sagittari Ark, he oversaw the Team Leaders directing their Players to attack Earth while he watches. His cells could be embedded in Continue Medals that his secretary Naria uses to grow defeated players. He awards a prize to the winner of his Blood Game.
Among the planets he destroyed was the world where Quval originated from. He joined the Deathgalien to eventually get his revenge.
When the Sagittari Ark arrived to Earth, seeing the rumors of its brimming with life are true, Ginis declares it the site of the 100th Blood Game and sends the Team Leader Jagged to commence the slaughter. But the appearance of the Zyouhgers and their act of destroying Jagged impressed Ginis as he ups the ante by allowing his remaining team leaders Azald and Quval compete against each other to see which of their groups can kill the Zyuohgers and destroy Earth first.
When Naria questions Ginis' sentiment that Earth is proving to be a suitable choice for the 100th Blood Game in light of the Zyuohgers, Azald explaines to her that the push-back was what made the game more exciting. Ginis pits Azald and Quval against each other in a competition to successfully execute the Blood Game on Earth with Ginis promising a reward for the one who amuses him the most. Azald's Team is the first to go, presenting his Player Halbergoi. Halbergoi ultimately falls to the Zyuohgers with Azald cursing his carelessness.
Ginis is deeply amused by Amigard of Team Quval and his Blood Game of forcing people to fight each other in trial by combat. The loser is ejected into space, causing the winner to feel regret and Quval points out that the beauty of his Blood Game is the fact that both parties lose; one gets ejected into space for the rest of time whilst the other feels nothing but crippling loss and depression over dooming their friend. Amigard's inevitable loss against the Zyuohgers however means that he goes straight back to square one.
Hailing from Team Azald, Yabiker is sent to Earth to make noise that angered people in order to make them rampage using his Pararia Noise. An added twist is that anyone who is affected by it for two long will literally implode to add some extra flair and impress Ginis. Although his interest is peaked, Yabiker's inevitable loss against the Zyuohgers however means that he goes straight back to square one.
Hailing from Team Quval, Hanayaida is the seventh Player sent to Earth to grow a gigantic carnivorous plant that devours all life on the planet. Although Ginis' interest is peaked, Yabiker's inevitable loss against the Zyuohgers however means that he goes straight back to square one.
After a series of defeats from both players and his commanders, Ginis decides to participate in the Blood Game himself for the first time ever instead of sending down another Player. He introduces himself to Earth, and creates a barrier which will erase anything that touches it on contact and will continue to decrease in radius unless the Zyuohgers locate the deactivation switch to destroy the barrier. The Zyuohgers find the switch in time, but once the barrier deactivates, the switch transforms into Massacre Machine Gift a robot Ginis hasn't used on other planets often because it makes the Game too one-sided in Deathgalien's favor and make things boring for him. Gift easily defeats both the Zyuoghers and their mecha before withdrawing to observe the Blood Game.
Azald sends down his Player Noborizon to Earth to cause earthquakes by sucking energy out of the ground. The idea is to create an earthquake so powerful that the Earth will be ripped apart completely and Azald will win his bet with Quval. To make sure he wins this time, Azald decides to indirectly assist his minion but Noborizon is defeated anyway. Ginis mocks his plan as a misfire and Quval finds the fact that he wasted so much time setting traps funny. Frustrated, Azald has Naria enlarge Noborizon but he is defeated like all other Players and Azald is once more unable to win his bet.
Naria introduces two new Players to Ginis; Hunterji and Dorobozu hailing from the team of the late Jagged and the only two remaining Players from said team. They wish to become new Team Leaders but Quval has his doubts about thier abilities due to how little a fight Jagged put up against the Zyuohgers. As such, Ginis decides to make them prove thier worthiness by assigning them thier own Blood Game each to carry out. Unfortunately, both inevitably disappoint and are slain by the Zyuohgers.
Ginis infuses the three Zyumans' life energies into a single human named Misao Mondo whom he considers a kindred spirit for having the same self loathing as himself. Ginis then sends the artificial Zyuohger, renamed Zyuoh The World, to fight the Zyuohgers and then calls him back before finishing them off as a way of taunting them.
After Misao begins fighting Ginis's control, Ginis uses his Continue Medals on Misao to regain control. It works until Yamato Kazakiri is able to get through to Misao and free him completely.
Ginis was made aware by Naria that a batch of Moeba Medals had been stolen by Domidoll but takes no action against him, choosing to sit back and see the Space Circus ringmaster amuse him. Domidoll ultimately fell at the hands of the Zyuohgers.
When Bangray arrives to Earth, Ginis finds the hunter interesting and decides to recruit him.
Bangray tries working with them, but ultimately turns them down, continuing his hunt alone. Ginis finds Bangray's actions on Earth intriguing, and decides to stop his commanders from sending more Players for the time being.
Once Bangray is able to locate and lure out his prey, Cube Whale, Ginis launches an all out assault, attacking Bangray, the Zyuohgers, and Cube Whale. This drives Cube Whale into a berserk state, attacking everyone and escaping.
Ginis explains to his followers that with the Blood Game becoming boring, he is intrigued when Bangray returns to Earth and plots to capture whatever prey the hunter was after. Ginis gives Nara a Custom Massacre Machine Gift for her to use to capture Cube Whale. Before the robot is destroyed by Dodekai-Oh, Ginis orders Nalia to return with the robot's memory core. She obeys and Ginis announces he no longer needs Cube Whale and that the data within the core is all they need.
Ginis uses the black box when Quval launches his trap after abducting Naria, revealing that he knew of his subordinate's treachery as he uses Cube Whale's data to siphon the Earth's energies and transforms into Shin Ginis (シン·ジニス Shin Jinisu). Ginis quickly displays his new power by wiping all but three of Quval's replicas, enlarging them to pursue their fleeing creator.
- A copy of Ginis was created by Quval via scanning Naria's memory as a plan to lure Ginis into Earth so that he could get his revenge on him.
Rather than go after Quval, Ginis returns to the Sagittari Ark where he amusingly watches a hysterically desperate Quval try to destroy Earth before he is destroyed.
Azald Learns the Truth
Azald later confronts Ginis, breaking his ties to the Deathgaliens despite Ginis trying to keep him on their side. Later. before Yamato can utterly destroy Azald's core and by extension Azald himself, Ginis has Naria enlarge Azald Legacy into a giant but mindless creature since he hates competition.
After Azald's destruction, which would normally end in a stalemate since all his team leaders are dead, Ginis decides to personally end the Blood Game by using the Sagittari Ark's arrow-like anchor as a conduct to transfer his cells into Earth's Core and destroy it from the inside. Ginis sends Naria and an army of Gifts to prevent the Zyuohgers from interfering. But the Zyuohgers use the conduit to pull the Sagittari Ark into Earth and crash it at the outskirts of the city. But Ginis survived the Ark's destruction, telling the Zyuohgers that he only needs to directly infect the Earth with his cells to win the Blood Game.Ginis proceeds to toy with the Zyuohgers with his new powers, showing off the power boost from siphoning the planet's energy, until Yamato noticed several of the Moeba cells composing Ginis's being while trapped in a pocket dimension. This made his normally cool and calming attitude suddenly change to anger in an instant as he forces the Zyuohgers out of the dimension. This made the Zyuohgers learn that he was really a being made out of Moebas and he hated himself for it. They finally understood his motivation and actions have been driven by his obsessive need to prove himself to be the ultimate lifeform. When even Naria learned the truth, her resolve to protect Ginis further enraged him as he killed her while attempting to kill the Zyuohgers to keep his secret. Though Ginis' attack damaged the Zyuohger's transformation devices, they are repaired by the Earth as Ginis finds himself rejected by it. To even the odds, Zyuoh Eagle is empowered by the Earth to assume his Great Wild Instinct form to overpower Ginis before he loses Gift Custom's black box. Ginis reverts to his original form while enlarging himself, only to be easily defeated and obliterated by Dodeka King at a cellular level.
Following Ginis' death, the Deathgalien are all but gone for good and the Link Cube reforms after Jagged destroyed it. However, as an unintended consequence of Yamato's desire to stick around his teammates, Zyuland and Earth are combined into one singular plane of existence.
Chou Super Hero Taisen
An iteration of Shin Ginis leading a pack of Moebas was among the Shocker army of the Game World led by Shocker Leader III, the boss of the Chou Shocker Taisen bonus stage. This army was ultimately wiped out by a combined force of Sentai Rangers and Kamen Riders; Ginis was destroyed alongside Raimein by Kamen Rider Para-DX Fighter Gamer Level 50 with assistance from five summoned Super Red Rangers.
Ginis was recalled when the Zyuohgers confronted Pocane Daniro of the Space Mafia. Pocane revealed that he was indeed a member of the Deathgalien but disavowed his association since Ginis' manner of slaughter for fun clashed with his greed for money. He did, however, retain a set of Moeba Medals for his personal army as well as a Continue Medal to enlarge himself when the time came. Revived by Pocane Daniro, Naria vowed to avenge Ginis only to be soundly defeated by Zyuoh Tiger.
|"Oh, but you are. What other purpose could such insignificant creatures serve? Do try and put on an entertaining show Heh heh heh heh ha ha! Hu hu hu hu ha ha!"|
|―Ginis' superior attitude when Yamato tried to protest that humans weren't pawns for him to play with.[src]|
Ginis carried a shrewd and calm demeanor, considering himself the ultimate existence in the universe and did not care for the lives of others, regardless of whether they were are his subordinates or not, as long as he was thoroughly entertained by his Blood Games. As such, he gave his commanders plenty of leeway, allowing them to act without informing him of their plan as long as it was in service of entertaining him. In fact, Ginis did not consider the Zyuohgers, Bangray, or Quval a threat to himself, and thus kept his cool even when confronting them as Shin Genis. In reality, Ginis's most defining traits were his massive ego and self-loathing due to his origins as a conglomerate of lowly Moebas. As a result, considering any form of compassion towards him as being the most unforgivable insult, Ginis dedicated his full attention to the utter destruction of anyone who knew his secret, even if they were loyal to him.
- Height: 288 cm (103.7 m:Giant)
- Weight: 389 kg (1400.4 t:Giant)
Powers and Abilities
- Power: Ginis was the most powerful member of all Deathgalien, overwhelming and nearly killing all six Zyuohgers in his final battle with ease.
- Extreme Durability: Ginis emerged without a scratch from the combined blast of 6 Zyuohgers, 1 cloned Team Leader and 6 cloned Players.
- Master of Wisdom and Deception: Although he had been staying on his space ship for all of the time, Ginis was able to figure out Quval's plot and even outplan the calculative Team Leader.
- Regenerative Cells: Ginis could infuse Continue Coins with his life force, which could then be used to revive and enlarge any defeated monsters, Deathgaliens or not.
- Hand to Hand Combat: Ginis proved to be a capable and fearsome fighter, as even after leaving his energy supply, he could still operate and confidently engage his enemies, whom greatly outnumbered him, for a short time.
- Force field Creation: Ginis was able to generate a massive force field around an area by snapping the fingers on his right hand as seen when he participated in the Blood Game for the first time.
- Enhanced Speed: As shown by his clone, Ginis was fast enough to avoid being hit by The World's Zyuoh The GunRod line
- Enhanced Reflexes: As shown by his clone, he could use his bare hand to block bullets from The World's Zyuoh The Burst.
- Energy Blast: As shown by his clone, Ginis could release multiple yellow energy balls from his body to hit his opponents and seriously damage them.
- Electrokinesis: Ginis could unleash beams of electricity from his hand which was strong enough to destroy a whole castle with one hit.
- Hand Swords: He can turn both hands into swords and slash his opponents.
- Sagittari Ark's Energy Dependence (former): As revealed by Quval reading Naria's memories, Ginis is dependent on energy supplied by his ship, the Sagittari Ark. Therefore, leaving it will weaken him significantly. But Ginis negated this weakness by using Gift Custom's black box to utilize its data on Cube Whale to draw energy from the Earth, though the black box was later destroyed by the Zyuohgers.
- Earth: Being hostile to Earth's living organisms, the Earth not only empowered the Zyuohgers, but also briefly paralyzed him and weakened him considerably.
- Height: 222 cm
- Weight: 200 kg
Powers and Abilities
- Power: Shin Ginis was one of the most powerful enemies in Super Sentai history, overwhelming the combined force of many other powerful characters at once, includes Zyuoh Whale, Quval and a memory clone of Azald's sealed state. However, Ginis reverted to his original form once Gift Custom's black box was destroyed.
- Enhanced Strength: Shin Ginis was able to overpower even the superhuman strength of Zyuoh Gorilla with just his bare hands.
- Flight: Shin Ginis was shown by be able to fly freely even without flapping his wings.
- Hand-to-Hand Combat: Shin Ginis easily took on 6 cloned Players, 2 Team Leaders, 4 Instinct Awakened Zyuohgers, a Great Instinct Awakened Zyuoh The World and Zyuoh Whale at the same time on his own, and eventually overwhelmed them by destroying 3 Players, a cloned Team Player and a cloned Zyuoh The World.
- Enhanced Energy Blast: Shin Ginis could unleash countless energy blasts from his wings to bombard his opponents which was potentially fatal to Zyuohgers and Players alike.
- Enhanced Regenerative Lifeforce: Shin Ginis could fire steams of yellow energy at cloned Players which could instantly enlarge them.
- Brainwashing: Shin Ginis' enlargement beams also took the cloned Players under his command, turning them into his mindless slaves.
- Power Granting: Shin Ginis' enlargement and brainwashing also gave the Players ability to shoot thunder blasts.
- Brainwashing: Shin Ginis' enlargement beams also took the cloned Players under his command, turning them into his mindless slaves.
- Hand Energy Wave: Shin Ginis could release an energy wave from his hand that was strong enough to cause an explosion on his targets.
- Black Mist Dimension: Shin Ginis' could create black mist from his wings that could trap his enemies in another dimension.
- Moeba Merge Mist: Shin Ginis could scatter himself into Moeba cells and rebuild himself to survive powerful finishing attacks.
- Thunder Blast: Shin Ginis could shoot thunder waves from his chest.
- Hand Swords Shin Ginis could turn his both hands into swords for combat.
- Enhanced Accuracy: Shin Ginis showed the ability to precisely slash his opponents a few inches away from them as a way to threaten them.
Behind the Scenes
- Ginis is portrayed by Kazuhiko Inoue who is best known for voicing Kakashi Hatake in the Japanese anime version of the anime series, Naruto and its sequel, Naruto Shippuden & Aion in the Gonzo anime version of the manga series, Chrono Crusade. His suit actor in his original form is Naoko Kamio (神尾直子, Kamio Naoko), while his suit actor as Shin Ginis is Hideaki Kusaka (日下秀昭、Kusaka Hideaki) who also portrayed Larry and Zyuoh King in the season as well as previously portraying Gengetsu Kibaoni in Shuriken Sentai Ninninger.
- Ginis' design is based on a yellow diamond.
to be added
to be added