|This article is about a/an monster in Bakuryuu Sentai Abaranger.|
- "Yes Ma'am!!!!"
- ―Eroica following Jannu's command to gather the children[src]
- "Justice is what the strong make of it"
- ―Eroica's twisted message to Mai[src]
Giganoid #2: Eroica (ギガノイド第2番 英雄 Giganoido Niban: Eiyū, 8):
Created by Voffa in the image of the popular children's television character Igrec, the Galaxian (possibly inspired by Ultraman). Jannu used it to steal the children's dreams when they despaired seeing their hero was a phony, thus destroying their hopes and dreams. Killed by AbareBlack with the Dino Thruster's Final Move: Fire Inferno in spite of it giving AbarenOh a thrashing. However, Jannu's scheme ultimately succeeded.
While Eroica first seems to be a heroic and kind person when he "defeats" Giganoid 1 this is all a false display of care to the entire city and its children. It is revealed that he is a psychopathic and destructive creature that sees pleasure in what villains do best oppose to heroes. This is shown clearly when he takes things around the city and smashes it down showing no apparent regard for the people that could be hurt. Furthermore when Mai asks why he is causing this he sends an evil message before laughing madly. Through the whole show, he remains to be the only one with a personality because of his purpose of existing.
- It was named after Ludwig Von Beethoven's 3rd Symphony ("Eroica" or "Hero").
- Naruhisa Arakawa will revisit the ideas of an evil Ultra-like being trying to take over Sunday mornings ten years later.
- Eroica is the first Giganoid with a Humanoid design rather then a Kaiju like design.
- TV Asahi's page on Giganoid 2: Eroica (from the Internet Archive)
- Toei's page on Giganoid 2: Eroica (from the Internet Archive)