|This article is about a/an monster in Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.|
The Giant is a giant knight monster, summoned by Rita Repulsa, and is one of two main antagonists, alongside Bones, of the episode "High Five, the same episode where the first monster, Bones, appears in.
The Giant was magically summoned by Rita Repulsa after Bones' defeat in order to try and salvage the scheme. Once it appeared in Angel Grove, it pulled Jason out of Bones's dimension, the bomb that Squatt and Baboo had set off explodes and sends Trini, Kimberly, Zack and Billy, off the building. The Giant was about to strike the now captive Red Ranger, but Jason used his Blade Blaster to blast the Giant in the eye, causing him to drop the hero, now angered, the Giant attacked the other four Rangers with his sword, but Jason, determined to stop the villain, summoned the Tyrannosaurus Dinozord. Although it initially proves a match for the Zord, temporarily overpowering it with his sword, but two swings of its tail took him out and a massive double kick was the knockout blow. With the monster down for the count, Jason destroyed the Giant with the Tyrannosaurus Dinozord's ground breath attack.
The Giant was a very brutal and savage monster who enjoys destroying everything at his path but is also unintelligent, only speaking in roars.
Powers and abilities
- Strength: The Giant was strong enough to punch through dimensions with a single blow and wrestle with the Tyrannosaurus Dinozord.
- Durability: The Giant took powerful hits from the Tyrannosaurus Dinozord's tail, being unaffected by the first hit and a powerful double kick sent him flying back in a flipping motion but he was unfazed and got back up again.
- Hand-To-Hand Combat: In addition to his raw strength, the Giant is also a skilled fighter and swordsman, being able to match and even temporarily overwhelm the Tyrannosaurus.
- Sword: The Giant carried a sword for combat.
Behind The Scenes
- The Giant was voiced by Tom Wyner although he provides only grunts, growls and roars.
- The Giant is known for being the first giant monster in the Power Rangers franchise and thus the first monster in the entire Power Rangers to fight a Zord.
- In Zyuranger, Dora Titan was the first monster to appear in Zyuranger since he appeared before Dora Skelton at the end of the first episode.
- The likely reason this was changed was to ensure that the episode didn't conclude with Bones' anticlimactic death.
- The Giant is one of the few (known) monsters of Rita who grows giant but isn't destroyed by the Megazord. The only other monster (completely) destroyed by the Tyrannosaurs was Shellshock.