|This article is about a/an monster in Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.|
The Giant was a giant knight monster who served as the secondary antagonist of the episode "High Five."
After the destruction of Bones, Rita Repulsa doesn't give up and yells out an incantation that summons this giant monster. Once it appears in Angel Grove, it pulls Jason out of Bones's dimension and the bomb that Squatt and Baboo have planted explodes and sends the remaining Power Rangers out of the dimension and straight off a cliff. The Giant is about to strike the now captive Red Ranger but Jason uses his Blade Blaster to blast the Giant in the eye, causing him to drop the hero. Now angered, the Giant tries to cleave the Power Rangers in two with his sword but they dodge and Jason, determined to stop the villain, summons the Tyrannosaurus Dinozord. They square off in the countryside, wrestling arm to arm before the Giant throws off the Zord. The Giant pulls out its sword and slashes through it at impressive speeds but the Tyrannosaurus slaps him down with a double slash from its tail. The Giant tries to make a comeback but is restrained by the arm and double kicked down once it breaks free. Jason then finishes off the Giant with the Tyrannosaurus Dinozord's ground breath attack, obliterating the monster and reducing him to rubble which the Tyrannosaurus roars away.
The Giant was a very brutal and savage monster who enjoyed destroying everything at his path but was also unintelligent, only speaking in roars.
Powers and Abilities
to be added
- Strength: The Giant was strong enough to punch through dimensions with a single blow and wrestle with the Tyrannosaurus Dinozord.
- Durability: The Giant took powerful hits from the Tyrannosaurus Dinozord's tail, being unaffected by the first hit and a powerful double kick sent him flying back in a flipping motion but he was unfazed and got back up again.
- Hand-To-Hand Combat: In addition to his raw strength, the Giant was also a skilled fighter and swordsman, being able to match and even temporarily overwhelm the Tyrannosaurus.
to be added
- Sword: The Giant carried a giant broadsword for combat.
Behind the Scenes
- The Giant was voiced by Tom Wyner although he provided only grunts, growls and roars.
- He is based on a Greek hoplite.
- His name refers to his enormous size.
- The Giant is the first giant monster in Power Rangers and thus the first monster ever to fight a Zord.
- The Giant is one of the few monsters of Rita who grows giant but is not destroyed by the Megazord.