|This article is about a/an monster in Power Rangers Lightspeed Rescue.|
|"Batlings, we've waited a long time for this. Destroy them!"|
|―Ghouligan'a first words when he arrives in Mariner Bay with an army of Batlings.[src]|
|"Power Rangers?! Battlings! Destroy them!!!"|
|―Ghouligan reacting to the newly morphed Rangers.[src]|
Ghouligan is sent by Diabolico to destroy Mariner Bay which is originally thought to be thiers for the taking and easy for them to level and raise the Skull Palace onto. He first appears in a burning building which he apparently set alight when Carter Grayson rescues a young girl in the building. Later on, Ghouligan attacks Mariner Bay with an army of Batlings and encounters the selected Rangers led by Carter. Whilst Chad, Joel, Kelsey and Dana try to battle the Batlings, Carter fights against Ghouligan, initially trying to run him down with the Rescue Rover but the Demon easily defeats him. The Rangers morph into the Lightspeed Rangers for the first time and easily defeat all of Ghouligan's Batlings. Together, the Rangers quickly defeat Ghouligan and he is destroyed by the Rescue Blasters which knocks him flat on his back where he explodes in a massive shockwave. Due to Jinxer not having joined the Demon leadership yet, Ghouligan is not able to be enlarged.
Ghouligan was a ruthless, aggressive, destructive, violent and wicked demon. He enjoyed causing havoc and destruction in Mariner Bay. He was very arrogant, stubborn and naive, because he thought the Rangers couldn't defeat him since they were cowards in his mind, and it caused his death. He also has no respect for human life since he ordered his Batlings to kill helpless citizens without remorse.
Powers and Abilities
- Strength: Ghouligan was able to grab Carter by the shoulder and throw him at a great distance when he crashed the Rescue Rover.
- Durability: Ghouligan took multiple hits from the Rescue Blasters but survived as he was only knocked down. It took all five Ranger firing their Blasters simultaneously to kill him for good.
- Fireballs: Ghouligan could shoot fireballs from his hands. Two blasts of these made Carter crash the Rescue Rover.
- Mega Flame: By charging up his entire body with fiery energy and then shooting green lightning between his hands, Ghouligan could shoot a huge burst of orange fire at his enemies. This was presumably his strongest attack since he was going to use this to kill Carter but the one he fired were dodged and he was shot before he could fire more.
- Fire Immunity: Ghouligan was able to stand in a burning building amongst roaring flames without hurting himself.
- Weak Nature-Ghouligan was extremely weak as the Rescue Blasters made short work out of him.
- Claws: While lacking weapons, Ghouligan made up for it by having clawed hands to aid him in combat. However, he never used them.
Behind the Scenes
- Ghouligan was voiced by Ken Merckx.
- Ghouligan was a fire themed monster.
- Ghouligan’s name was a pun on ghoul and hooligan.
- Ghouligan was a partially-repainted version of Psycho Red's monster form.
- The reason for the reuse is because the actual first episode of GoGoV had Magma Golem as the first monster, which was adapted as Magmavore in this season's second episode. Since Saban wanted to use much of the pilot to establish the plot whereas GoGoV rushed theirs along a bit, they couldn't use the substantial amount of footage for Magmavore.
- The fact that Ghouligan was able to recognize the costumes those belonging to Power Rangers suggests that the Demons must have faced some of Zordon's past Rangers seeing as he was sealed up for the entirety of the Zordon Era.