|This article is about a/an vehicle designer in Power Rangers Turbo, the third installment in the Zordon Era .|
George Barris was a Hollywood custom car designer and the founder of Barris Kustoms. He was known for creating some of the most memorable cars from film and television. Due to his reputation and love of hot rod automobiles, he was given the nickname "The King of the Kustomizers". He built the film versions of the Turbo Zords for Turbo: A Power Rangers Movie.
On November 5th, 2015, Barris was found in his Los Angeles, California home dead. Coroners later determined he had passed away of natural causes in his sleep. He was 89 years old.
- My Mother The Car - Designer of the "1928 Porter"
- The Beverly Hillbillies- Creator of the Clampett's Jalopy car.
- Batman (1966) - Creator of the 1966 Batmobile
- The Munsters- Creator of The Drag-U-La
- Knight Rider - Car modifier/restoration for K.I.T.T in seasons 3 and 4 (Convertible and Super Pursuit Mode designer)
- Fireball 500 - Creator of the titular modified 1966 Plymouth Barracuda
- The Car - Creator/designer of the 1971 Lincoln used as the titular villain of the movie
- National Lampoon's Vacation: Creator/Designer of the Wagon Queen Family Truckster
- Turbo: A Power Rangers Movie- Car designer of the film's Turbo Zords
- to be added
- The most notable of Barris's vehicle creations was the Batmobile for the 1966 Batman TV series, which was made from a 1955 Lincoln Futura concept car that he bought from the Ford Motor Company for just one dollar. Originally, Ford was going to put the car to the crusher, but Barris saved it and later spent $15,000 modifying it in only a few weeks into the world famous TV vehicle.
- Barris was infamous in the car modding community for erroneously taking full credit for cars he himself did not create. Notable examples of this are:
- The Back to the Future DeLorean and K.I.T.T. from Knight Rider (Michael Scheffe was the design supervisor of both 1980s cars.)
- The Black Beauty from the Green Hornet (Dean Jeffries was the creator and Barris did body work for it), The General Lee from the Dukes of Hazzard and the Ford Grand Torino from Starsky and Hutch.