|This article is about a/an villain in Power Rangers Mystic Force.|
|""Now, now. Don't threaten the little bat creature. Let's hear her out before we stomp on her.""|
|―Gekkor's first words when Oculous threatened to destroy Necrolai for intruding.[src]|
|"Aww come on! I could have done that Sculpin."|
|―Gekkor to Sculpin.[src]|
|"This ended poorly!"|
|―Gekkor's final words before his destruction[src]|
Gekkor was a spear-wielding Wyvern/Gecko creature that wore a visor and was one of the Ten Terrors. He was the sixth (technically the seventh) Terror to fight the Rangers, and fought in the penultimate episode of Power Rangers Mystic Force "The Return". Gekkor serves as a major antagonist in the final episodes of Mystic Force. He serves as the main antagonist of the episodes "Light Source" and "The Return". In Power Rangers Beast Morphers, Gekkor has a brief cameo in the archive footage in the villains' special episode "Making Bad".
In the episode "The Light", when Necrolai found the cave of the Ten Terrors after the Master was again defeated, Gekkor, willing to lend her an ear, stopped Oculous from shooting Necrolai with his rifle. The Terrors listened to Necrolai and agreed to help conquer the world. They arrived in the Surface World and told the people of Briarwood to give them the Light, who is actually Nick Russell, the Red Ranger and leader of the Mystic Rangers. The Terrors easily defeated Rangers's Manticore Megazord and then left. Gekkor was also with Necrolai on the surface, watching the battle between Magma and the Rangers. Gekkor seems to be the fastest of the Terrors, able to move at lightning speed in battle. He is also able to shoot a barrage of needle-like projectiles and summon forth fiery green energy blasts from his spear. Gekkor witnessed along with Necrolai how Magma lost the battle with rangers in his own game and was destroyed. Gekkor was the first to mention that the Master was going to return. When Oculous was chosen to be the next to attack by the Stone of Judgment, Gekkor was curious (and seemed somewhat annoyed) that he himself was not chosen to carry out the punishment and was reminded by Matoombo that the Stone of Judgment is never wrong.
In the episode "The Snow Prince", when Megahorn was selected by the Stone of Judgment to attack the surface world, the dragon-like Terror boasted proudly about him being chosen and rubbed Gekkor's face in it, to which the Terror replied: "Whatever".
In the two-part episode "Light Source", Sculpin took Gekkor and Matoombo with him to get the Master's spirit from Leanbow. Gekkor battled Leanbow, using his lightning speed to his advantage against the knight. Gekkor ordered Leanbow to give the Master to them, but Koragg said that Terrors would never obtain the Master. However, Leanbow was able to severely injury Gekkor by striking him in the stomach with his sword then using a fire attack on him. Gekkor claimed that he still could fight, but Sculpin stopped him and ordered Matoombo to fight. Gekkor was irritated and jealous that Matoombo got to fight Leanbow. He considered Matoombo weak, but Sculpin answered that Matoombo was powerful and not weaker than Gekkor. When Sculpin extracted the Master's spirit from Leanbow's body, Sculpin gave Gekkor the Master's spirit to take care of.
In the penultimate episode "The Return", Gekkor was the most zealous in punishing the traitorous Matoombo; he was dispatched to deal with Matoombo, who managed to elude him with the help of Vida and Xander. Gekkor was desperate in his chase, following Vida and Matoombo on board the Solar Streak Megazord and into the Dawn Woods, demonstrating his great speed. However, when he finally caught up with Xander and Matoombo, it turned out that Vida transformed into Matoombo to distract him. Gekkor (now highly enraged from being tricked so easily) fought the six main Rangers and nearly defeated them with a large sphere of green energy. However, Leanbow arrived (saved by Udonna) and helped his friends. Gekkor was finally killed by the restored Leanbow with a Blazing Storm Slash. This made him the sixth Terror to be destroyed and the fifth to be destroyed by the Rangers. He was also the first Terror to be destroyed by the Rangers before being chosen to do so by the Stone of Judgment.
Gekkor doesn't appear physically in Power Rangers Beast Morphers, but he makes a brief cameo in the archive footage in the villains' special episode "Making Bad" when Scrozzle proposed Koragg as a villain who could be resurrected. Koragg had been mentioned among the villains: Astronema, Lord Zedd, Psycho Red and King Mondo, who could be resurrected by Evox. However, Robo-Roxy showed Scrozzle that Koragg is a bad choice because he had been turned good. Robo-Roxy showed Scrozzle the archive footage of Koragg, now Leanbow, fighting on the side of the Rangers and defeating Gekkor.
Gekkor is sneaky, cunning and very arrogant. He is highly impatient; and he wanted to battle the Rangers instead of Oculous. Despite this, he is very loyal to the Master. He can be somewhat generous, as he did stop Oculous from sniping Necrolai when she first appeared in their cave, offering to heat her out, and let her tell her side of the story, and then decide together as to stomp on her or not. He is also shown to be highly stubborn, confident, and self-absorbed as he tried to bring Matoombo to the Master at any cost, due to his loyalty to the Master.
Powers and Abilities
- Size Changing: Gekkor can change his size at will.
- Needle Blast: From his hands, Gekkor can fire white colored energy needles in rapid succession.
- Needle Orb: Gekkor can summon a white orb into the sky that can also fire blue needles in rapid succession.
- Lightning Beam: Gekkor can also fire green colored lightning beams from his hands.
- Nova Energy Ball: Gekkor's strongest attack: he can charge up and fire a large ball made of green fire that can cause a massive green explosion on the targets. He outright stated that this was him using all of his power and it would finish all five Rangers and Daggeron.
- Flight: Being a Wyvern-type monster, Gekkor possesses wings behind his back to fly at high speed.
- Expert Hand-To-Hand Combat: In addition to his raw speed, Gekkor is also a highly skilled fighter, being able to both dodge and avoid all of the attacks from all five Mystic Rangers (in their Ancient Mystic Mode) and the Solaris Knight while being able to subdue them.
- Strength: Like the other Terrors, Gekkor is one of the more powerful enemies in Mystic Force. When fighting over Matoombo, Gekkor knocked down Xander and Vida just by twirling his staff.
- Speed and Agility: Out of the Ten Terrors, Gekkor is the fastest. Utilizing his speed, he was able to overwhelm all the Power Rangers (in their Ancient Mystic Mode) plus Solaris Knight together.
- Speed Rush: Gekkor can rush at his opponents in high speed.
to be added
- The Wyvern Spear: Gekkor's main weapon is a spear that he can use for close melee combat.
- Lightning Empowerment: Gekkor can charge up his spear with yellow lightning for an increase in power.
- Energy Empowerment: Gekkor can also charge up his spear with green energy for an increase in power. A single slash took down Xander and Vida.
- Energy Laser: Gekkor can also fire green colored energy lasers in rapid succession from his spear.
- Energy Balls: Gekkor can also fire green colored energy balls from his spear.
- Energy Blast: Gekkor can also fire an energy blast from his spear as well.
Behind the Scenes
- Gekkor is voiced by Mark Ferguson.
to be added
to be added
- Gekkor's appearance is based off of a wyvern, a mythological creature that looks similar to a dragon but has the wings on its arms, rather than on its back.
- Gekkor is one of the two Terrors that are capable of flying, the other being Megahorn.
- Though in a sense, they are both dragon-like Terrors.