|This article is about a/an song in Gekisou Sentai Carranger.|
"Gekisou Sentai Carranger" (激走戦隊カーレンジャー Gekisō Sentai Kārenjā) is the opening theme for the show of the same name, Gekisou Sentai Carranger. It is also the first opening theme to have a version with English lyrics to be produced.
- Artist: Naritaka Takayama (高山 成孝 Takayama Naritaka)
- Lyrics: Yukinojo Mori (森雪 之丞 Mori Yukinojo)
- Composition: Shoji Takashi (小路 隆 Takashi Shōji)
- Arrangement: Keiichi Oku (奥 慶一 Oku Keiichi)
Gekisou Sentai Carranger (Full Accel Version)
"Gekisou Sentai Carranger ~Full Accel Version~" (激走戦隊カーレンジャー~フルアクセルヴァージョン~ Gekisō Sentai Kārenjā~Furu Akuseru Vājon~) is a modified version of the original, modified in such a way to be more fast paced. It replaced the original version as the main opening theme as of episode 14.
Lyrics in bold indicate the first TV-sized version. The rest is the second TV-sized version that was used from episode 32 onwards.
|Original Japanese lyrics||Approximate translation into English|
Mune ni ai wo daite
When you drive a car
- The opening theme of Gekisou Sentai Carranger was played during the Caranger entry featurette of The 30 Sentai Encyclopedia, shown at the end of Task 23 of GoGo Sentai Boukenger.
- An instrumental of the Carranger theme was played when the Gokaigers transformed into the Carrangers and fought Action Commander Jealousto in episode 14 of Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger.
- The Carranger theme plays in episode 6 of Hikonin Sentai Akibaranger when Nobuo Akagi drives to make a delivery to the Toei Headquarters after their first battle against Shimokitazawahoya.
To commemorate the 35th anniversary of Super Sentai, Columbia Records and NIPPONOPHONE released the 7 volume soundtrack Super Sentai Theme Songs Collection for digital download on iTunes on July 20, 2011. Gekisou Sentai Carranger was part of the Volume 4 collection.
- Gekisou Sentai Carranger is the only opening theme in all Sentai which has two legitimate arrangements used as the theme song. The first arrangement is originally used for the first 13 episodes, while episode 14 introduces the faster-paced "Full Accel" opening used for the rest of the series. (the title of this arrangement coming from this episode's title: Full Acceleration to Thunder Hell) Because of this unique situation, there are many points where both arrangements are utilized for the series: the final episode has the typical "Full Accel" version as the opening and the original arrangement as the final ending theme; while Now More Road Safety, the Carranger tribute in Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger, also uses both arrangements in-episode. (the "Full Accel" version during the Carranger Gokai Change, the original version during the end scene)