|This article is about a/an villain in Power Rangers Ninja Steel.|
10 years ago, Galvanax and his generals, Ripcon and Madame Odius, arrived on Earth to claim the Ninja Nexus Prism. Upon tracking it to the home of ninja master Dane Romero, Galvanax attacked him which caused the Ninja Nexus Star to change Dane into the Ninja Steel Red Ranger. Dane gave him a good fight but after, Ripcon took Dane's younger son Brody Romero hostage, Galvanax took the opportunity to blast him and take the Star. As Galvanax was on the verge of acquiring the Star's power, Dane struck the star with his sword, causing a shockwave. As the dust settled, Dane had disappeared and the Ninja Nexus Prism was in his place with the pieces of the Nexus Star inside forming 6 Ninja Power Stars. Galvanax then angrily struck the Prism, but Madame Odius said it couldn't be broken. He then ordered the Prism to be taken to the ship and Brody put in chains.
In the present, Galvanax uses the contestants of his show Galaxy Warriors to try to remove the Power Stars from the Prism. After the latest failure by Korvaka, a frustrated Galvanax is told by Madame Odius that, rather than remove the stars, they can make new ones from the Ninja Steel that once covered the Prism. Galvanax orders the ship to go to Earth but After Brody, Redbot, and Mick the mechanic steal the Prism and escape to Earth, Galvanax sends one Korvaka after them, saying he will fry him in the ship's engines should he fail but the monster fails and is destroyed by the new Ninja Steel Rangers.
After Ripcon fails to destroy Mick, Galvanax thinks the Rangers are officially cockroaches. Galvanax walks onto the stage and shoves Cosmo Royale out of the way and then talks to the audience; any contestant that can bring him the Ninja Power Stars will become the new champion. Galvanax sends Ripperat to steal the Ninja Steel from Mick, Calvin and Hayley. After the 5 teenagers become Power Rangers, Galvanax is furious and orders Ripperat to destroy the Rangers but he is defeated. Galvanax says the show is not over but Cosmo Royale uses the Gigantify Machine on Ripperat in an attempt to defeat the Power Rangers but the Ninja Steel Zords makes short work of him. Cosmo reveals that the higher ratings of Galaxy Warriors to Galvanax but he doesn't care about the ratings and says the Power Stars will be his goal.
Galvanax wants Spinferno to get the Power Rangers from the Rangers before he can snuff out his flames. After the Rangers use the Ninja Steel Megazord to destroy a Skullgator, Galvanax loses his temper and orders Ripcon, Madame Odius, and Cosmo Royale to leave his lair or they're get thrown all the way to the sun as a failure.
Meanwhile in the ship, Galvanax looks at potential portraits of contenders including Lavagor's brother (who he calls dumber than his brother) and Ripcon's mother (who he says is just too ugly much to Ripcon's annoyance). Dissatisfied with all the choices, Galvanax is convinced by Ripcon to go to Earth himself. Galvanax vows to get revenge on Brody for stealing "his" Ninja Nexus Prism and humiliating him. Galvanax, Ripcon, and Madame Odius take an army of Kudabots down to Earth where they confront Brody. Galvanax accuses Brody of "betraying" him by stealing the Nexus Prism. Brody retorts that Galvanax destroyed his father and kept him prisoner for ten years. Brody then summons Preston, Calvin, Hayley, and Sarah who meet Galvanax for the first time. Whereas Preston and Calvin are unnerved by Galvanax's size, Brody urges them to show no fear. Hayley and Sarah proceed to taunt Galvanax, with Sarah calling him a "chump" which causes the audience on the ship to boo. Madame Odius quietly warns Galvanax that if the Rangers knock him down even once, the audience will see him as weak. Galvanax saves face by telling Brody that he wants a one-on-one fight and that they will settle this another time. Galvanax summons Slogre leaving him to deal with the rest of the Rangers and tells him not to disappoint him. He, Ripcon and Madame Odius then retreat and return to the ship. Later, whilst Slogre has put Calvin, Hayley and Sarah under his spell and causing them to to slow motion in order to have them to hand over the Ninja Power Stars, Galvanax is proud and says he loves the contestant. After Brody manage to get Yellow, White and Pink Ninja Power Stars back from Slogre, Galvanax witness that he and Preston saving the day much to Galvanax's annoyance.
Tangleweb tries to eat Cosmo Royale whilst Galvanax and Ripcon watch over the stage but it turns out Tangleweb spits out the Kudabot and claims that he was hungry. Galvanax sends Tangleweb to eat the Rangers except Calvin for his meal. After Tangleweb was destroyed by the new Rumble Tusk Megazord, Galvanax blames Ripcon for losing the spider monster and, for his punishment, he gets his to clean every toilet in the entire ship including his toilet.
After Badpipes is destroyed, Galvanax blames Ripcon for another failure.
Much to the Rangers' horror, Hacktrack has upgraded Sarah's tech of the holoprojector. Using it, Hacktrack can create 8 gigantic clones of Galvanax while the real one stays on the Warrior Dome. Fortunately, Sarah creates another device and allows Hacktrack to absorb it as it starts to damage the monster. Sarah reveals this gizmo has a computer virus in it which severs Galvanax's connection, dispelling the clones.
Galvanax hopes that Trapsaw will be better than his identical twin brother Ripperat but he is destroyed by the Rangers so scolds Ripcon for yet another failure.
Galvanax appears in the flashbacks when Aiden telling his story after Brody has been kidnapped. Later, he looks over the Rangers giving their Ninja Power Stars to Madame Odius and Toxitea in exchange for the antidote to save Brody who was poisoned but the Rangers have replaced their Stars by false stars in chocolate and Toxitea is destroyed soon after.
Galvanax is furious that Ripcon has sent an android to find the Ninja Steel and hiden the Gold Ranger on The Warrior Dome Ship. Understanding that Madame Odius framed him, Ripcon says that she is the traitor but she answers that she has nothing to hide. Galvanax gives Ripcon one last chance. He either destroys the Rangers or he will destroy him and orders Cosmo to Gigantify Ripcon. Ripcon is finally destroyed by the Rangers and Galvanax loses his second in command but is persuaded to be clear of the traitor and takes Madame Odius as his new second in command without knowing that she is the real traitor.
Galvanax hopes that Shoespike will be the monster who will take the Ninja Power Stars after enchanting many of the Rangers but Shoespike is destroyed by the Power Rangers.
When Princess Viera and Drillion arrive on the Warrior Dome Ship, Madame Odius says to Galvanax that half of The Lion Galaxy thinks she's weak but he answers that she has the potential to destroy the Rangers, otherwise Drillion will destroy them. When Viera forces Drillion to retreat, Galvanax says to her that half of the Lion Galaxy thinks she's weak and, if she doesn't destroy the Rangers, the entire Lion Galaxy will think the same thing. When Viera leaves after saying to Galvanax that she has a plan, he convinces Drillion to join him and that if Viera can not destroy the Rangers, he destroys them and her to become the new leader of The Lion Galaxy. After Viera saves the Rangers with the Lion Ship and forces Drillion to retreat once again. Galvanax orders two Kudabots to activate Laser Cannons which blows said ship out of the sky. Viera survives but her Ship is critically damaged.
Madame Odius says to Galvanax that they must be sure that Viera's Ship has been destroyed. When Drillion returns to the Warrior Dome Ship, she says that he is lucky that the Rangers didn't destroy him. Listening to that, Drillion charges her but Galvanax saves her saying that she is right, Viera was about to give a lesson and he must destroy the Lion Ship. After that Madame Odius makes Drillion stronger by transforming his second hand into a Toolbox, he sends him to destroy the Lion Ship. Furious that Red Ranger has destroyed Drillion, thanks to Viera's Lion Armor, Galvanax orders a Kudabot to Gigantify him but Drillion is finally destroyed by the Lion Fire Megazord.
Galvanax arrives with Cat O'Clock and is furious to see that Redbot has created a blog with his adventures. He orders Cat O'Clock to take the Ninja Power Stars by enchanting Redbot's books but Redbot and Kody do fail his plan and Cat O'Clock is destroyed by the Rangers. Later, Cosmo creates his blog saying that he is the champion of Galaxy Warriors' and has a plan to take the Ninja Power Stars while also mentioning that he was once wrapped in the finest Eltarian silk. Galavanax has heard him and destroys the blog. Galanax then warns Cosmo that if he does another stupid thing like this, he will make him be offline like Cat O'Clock.
Galvanax is convinced that Abrakadanger is the contestant who will retrieve the Ninja Power Stars and will destroy the Power Rangers once and for all, during his conversation with Madame Odius. However, Abrakadanger is destroyed by the Rangers.
After Forcefear's death, Madame Odius sees with a Buzzcam that Victor and Monty have the Ninja Power Stars thanks to their Magnet and warns Galvanax. Galvanax arrives on Earth with her and Basher Bots. He says that she is right when she said that it's some kind of magnet and congratulates Victor and Monty for building it. He looks for the Ninja Power Stars but remarks that the Ninja Power Stars are not here and Odius says that the Rangers must still have them. Galvanax answers not for long and orders her to take Victor and Monty to the ship and she obeys. With the Buzzcam, Galvanax informs Cosmo and the rest of Galaxy Warriors that this season finale will be one to remember when he finally takes all of the Rangers Ninja Power Stars and then laughs.
Galvanax keeps addressing Cosmo as well as Galaxy Warriors through the Buzzcam, saying that the last fight begins and that he is finally going to destroy the Rangers and sends his Basher Bots to fight them. Supporting no more that the Rangers get the upper hand over his warriors, Galvanax uses his magnet recently acquired to steal Sarah, Preston, Calvin, Levi and Hayley's Power Stars. The Basher Bots neutralizes them easily and Galvanax orders them to take them to the Warrior Dome Ship. He tries to also steal Brody's Power Star, but he dodges and destroys the magnet with his blaster. Furious, Galvanax tells him that he is going to destroy him just like he destroyed his father and uses his lance to send him to make a gliding flight. Brody manages to escape him with Mick thanks to the Megamorph Motercycle. Galvanax addresses Cosmo once more as well as the Galaxy Warriors through the Buzzcam saying that the Red Ranger is only delaying his tragic end and that he will soon possess his power star. He reappears with his Basher Bots having heard Brody and Mick speak about an asteroid containing ninja steel, and says that this is fascinating and that he will take care of it later wanting Brody's Power Star first. He leaves him the choice: either he gives him his star to complete his collection, (Galvanax hung the 5 other stars on his champion belt), or the Basher Bots will destroy his new prisoners. When he asks him for what he chooses, Brody decides to destroy his Power Star with his father's sword. Surprised, Galvanax can only push "no" while Brody breaks his star into three pieces causing an enormous explosion. Galvanax gets up and notices that Brody and Mick disappeared. He perceives the Nexus Prism, like 10 years ago during his arrival on Earth. He sees the three Red Ninja Power Stars and tries to steal them by breaking the Nexus Prism with his lance but unsuccessfully. Two of the three stars send him to make a gliding flight and destroy his Basher Bots. When Galvanax takes back consciousness, he wonders what is happening and discovers 2 Ninja Red Rangers (Brody and Mick). He gets ready to attack them when the third star sends him to make another gliding flight and Dane Romero appears as the third Red Ranger.
Galvanax is astonished to see again the one that he considered destroyed, then he fights the Rangers. They manage to put him on the ground, but he says that there is more than one way of using the power of the ninja steel while melting the ninja steel with his lance, then drinks all the ninja steel and uses his new powers to put the Rangers on the ground. He also pushes away Brody and his father who tried to attack him again. Galvanax orders Cosmo to gigantify him and after the Galaxy Warriors voted yes, he is gigantified. While he is about to finish the Rangers, Galvanax is attacked by a magnetic beam sent from the Warrior Dome Ship, which pulls all the ninja steel he drank. When he asks who dares betray him and he will get them for this, he hears Madame Odius shouted at him that Ripcon wasn't a traitor but that it was her and that was it was always her. While she laughs, Galvanax curses Odius. Then the asteroid containing ninja steel attracted by the magnetic beam, destroys it by colliding the Warrior Dome Ship and sends it into space. Galvanax laughs about Madame Odius' fate and that it's the Rangers turn to bite the dust. He gets ready to crush them like ants but the Rangers join with the Nexus Prism to launch a final attack and Galvanax is finally destroyed by 8 Ninja Steel Rangers when they performed their Ninja Nexus Morph Final Attack. Arrogant as ever, Galvanax protested his defeat as he was the "greatest of all-time" before falling flat onto his back and exploding.
Though deceased, the efforts taken to Galvanax's death leads to the Ninja Nexus Prism being completely de-powered and the Power Stars burning out.
With Galvanax dead, Madame Odius takes control of Galaxy Warriors and launches a new campaign against the Power Rangers but leads to them being empowered by Ninja Super Steel.
Galvanax is mentioned one final time by Madame Odius when she powered herself up with the Ninja Nexus Star and claimed to have surpassed him in strength.
Mayor Daniels expresses his dislike for the development of Morph-X, which he mentions Galvanax as an example along with Rita Repulsa and Sledge of villains terroizing Earth to get the Rangers' powers.
An arrogant, sociopathic, abusive, cruel, aggressive, and violent narcissist, Galvanax stopped at nothing to get what he wants. Though he was easily frustrated, he showed some level of patience as he waited ten years for the Ninja Power Stars to be removed. He seemed to value Madame Odius for her advice and ideas which was ironically the cause of his downfall. Galvanax did not tolerate failure and often abused his followers, especially Ripcon, spite of their dedication and commitment to him. He appeared o have no respect for Cosmo Royale despite him being his manager and the announcer since he had a tendency to push him around and talks down to him but he seems somewhat changed about him in his final battle against the Rangers. He seemed to have a hateful disdain for children to the point of even going as far as comparing them to infesting cockroaches that need to be exterminated. Because of being the champion who is out of practice, Galvanax worried about the risk of losing his fans and fame if he were to get knocked down once thus would render him a loser in his mind, showing that he may have had an inferiority complex. Due to this, he sent out contestants than to do it himself all the while doing the scheming of his plans instead. He'd rather have a fair one on one duel instead of going against all of the rangers. He also comes off as a dishonest, treacherous, cunning, manipulative, and deceptive individual when it came to having Brody in his captivity, claiming himself to have spared and then gave him a "home" on his ship before being "repayed" by having "his" Ninja Nexus Prism taken away from him, even going as far calling Brody a "traitor" and wanting a personal duel with him. However, he relied on brute strength and fighting skills more than he did intelligence and capability, making him easy prey for Madame Odius's deceitful nature.
Powers and Abilities
- Teleportation: Galvanax could teleport to any location in a giant yellow-green energy beam.
- Lightning Vision: Galvanax could fire red lightning from his eyes.
- Metal Digestion: Galvanax had the ability to drink molten hot metal without suffering from severe internal damage.
- Ninja Steel Enhancement: After guzzling down Ninja Steel, Galvanax became more powerful and tougher.
- Shockwave Blast: Galvanax was able to fire a purple shockwave-like blast from his middle after being enhanced as seen when he destroyed the Red, Silver, and White Ninja Strike Steel Slash.
- Teeth Projectiles: Galavanax can summon teeth-like projectiles from behind him and fire them at his enemies as a barrage.
- Claws of Darkness: Galvanax's strongest attack after drinking the molten Ninja Steel where he can summon dark purple energy from behind him in the form of ghostly arms and fire them at his enemies. These easily took out all the Rangers with one barrage.
- Strength: Galvanax was capable of fighting Dane Romero whilst he possessed the Ninja Nexus Star as well as being the reigning champion of Galaxy Warriors. A single punch obliterated a Kudabot.
- Strength Amplification: After drinking the molten Ninja Steel, he became far more stronger as he easily defeated the Red, Silver, and White Steel Slash.
- Durability: Galvanax was able to shrug off multiple slashes from the Ninja Star Blades and Rockstorm Guitar without a scratch.
- Endurance: Galvanax was able to fight all the Rangers for a long time without tiring out easily.
- Monster Summoning: Galvanax could summon monsters to fight for him as seen with Slogre.
- Basherbot Summoning: Galvanax could also summon an army of Basherbots at will.
- Expert Hand to Hand Combat: Galvanax was extremely skilled in hand to hand combat, taking on and defeating eight Rangers in battle.
- Cunning: Despite his brutish demeanor and being out of practice, Galvanax relied on using his head to carry out his schemes which for the most part were somewhat almost successful.
- Lack of Exercise: Due to not continuing with keeping himself in shape after ten years, Galvanax lost a lot of his endurance and strength.
- Volatile Temperament: Galvanax's own ferocious attitude left him blind sighted from correcting his flaws and easy to manipulate.
- Commitment to his fans and his TV show: Whilst arrogant and extremely cocky, Galvanax's love for his fans and TV show could interfere with his willingness to fight, further revealing his narcissistic desire to appear invincible. This got to the point where he outright refused to fight the Rangers and summoned Slogre instead.
- Vulnerability to Magnetism: Galvanax was affected by magnetic forces such as those generated by the Mega Magnet due to drinking the melted Ninja Steel.
- Naginata: Galvanax carried a massive brown-gold naginata as his weapon.
- Energy Lasers: Galvanax could fire neon purple energy lasers from his naginata.
- Energy Beam: Galvanax could also fire powerful neon purple energy beams from his naginata.
- Energy Wave: Galvanax was capable of firing neon purple energy waves from his naginata which were powerful enough to take Brody's father out of his Ranger form in one blast.
- Flamethrower: Galvanax could launch a stream of neon purple flames from his naginata which was capable of melting the Ninja Stars.
- Lightning Beam: Galvanax could fire light purple colored lightning beams from his naginata.
- Mind Helmet: A specially made helmet for controlling his giant holo-clones after hacking into Sarah's technology. It was rendered useless when the clones disappeared and exploded shortly thereafter.
- Metal Magnet: A device created by Victor and Monty, Galvanax used it to steal the Ninja Stars from the Ninja Steel Rangers. It was destroyed by Brody's Ninja Blaster.
Behind the Scenes
- Galvanax was voiced by Richard Simpson. His suit actor via Super Sentai footage was Hideaki Kusaka (日下 秀昭 Kusaka Hideaki).
- Galvanax's design is based on a Japanese war armor and an oni.
- As with the rest of the Galaxy Warrior generals, Galvanax's design incorporated a theater mask; in his case the shikami mask from Noh theater.
- Galvanax's name was a play on Galvan and parallax.
- His name was originally going to be Zircon but was changed to Galvanax.
- Unlike his Super Sentai counterpart where he spent most of the time as a disembodied spirit, Galvanax had a body and actively directed his schemes.
- In the Arabic dub of the show, he was actually aware of Odius' traitorous nature.