|This article is about a/an villain in Kishiryu Sentai Ryusoulger.|
Gachireus (ガチレウス Gachireusu) was the third general of the Warfare Tribe Druidon to invade Earth and a major antagonist of Kishiryu Sentai Ryusoulger. In episode 38, he created the Charybdis Minosaur from his own desire and became the host of it.
Gachireus was created along with the other Druidon generals by Eras 65 million years ago. The Druidon Tribe was originally created by Eras to eradicate the rogue Ryusoul Tribe, whose infighting and wars were damaging the planet, but Gachireus and the other Druidon generals instead attempted to conquer the Earth themselves. Their plan of conquest was interrupted by an approaching meteorite, forcing the entire Druidon Tribe to leave the Earth and drift into space as the meteor struck the Earth and wiped out the dinosaurs. Before leaving the Earth as the meteor approaches, Gachireus and Tankjoh destroyed all the space vessels the Ryusoul Tribe built to escape. After arguing with Tankjoh's habit of saying what he did, Gachireus and Tankjoh were assaulted by the prototype Kishiryu Dinomigo and Cobrago twins before combining into Kishiryuzin and forced the two generals to retreat and left the Earth.
Gachireus is a strategist and appears to be truculent and critical, as he quickly deride both Kleon and Wiserue from wasting their time doing trivial things, instead of focusing on their goal of reclaiming Earth. He is also maieutic among the Druidon Tribe, as he has a habit of answering someone's question with another question while rarely giving any proper response, and domineering made Kleon squeeze out of as many of his Minosaur-creating essence as possible, just to create 500 copies of the Kelpie Minosaur to serve him, and has a habit of correcting observations he views as errors. Due to his strict and stubborn nature, he berates Wiserue's nonsensual methods, preferring chaos and extinction.
At the beginning, Gachireus also had composure, as he corrected those who said he fled with the term withdrew. But after his plan failed following his second return to Earth, Gachireus became more erratic and quick-enraged, which leaves him short-sighted and leads to his own downfall.
However, despite his arrogant, ill-tempered, and domineering nature, he does show a degree of rivalry towards fellow Druidon member Pricious.
Powers and Abilities
- Durability: Due to his heavily-armored body, Gachireus is extremely durable against his opponent's attacks.
- Portal Creation: Gachireus can create a chessboard-based laser portal to teleport himself from one place to another.
- Strength: Gachireus' strength exceeds the late Tankjoh's, being able to best KishiRyuOh Five Knights in combat.
- Strength Enhancement: He can increase his strength by countering any attack he's hit with or sees it once.
- Fossilization: Gachireus can encase himself in amber to heal and increase his strength.
- Enlarging: Gachireus can enlarge himself after his fossilization is complete.
- Submarine Mode: Gachireus can open the port on each waist armor to reveal a turbine, allowing him to move underwater like a submarine.
- Underwater Breathing: He was able to breathe underwater during his battle with KishiRyuOh Five Knights and KishiRyuNeptune.
- Drunn Soldiers Summoning: Gachireus can summon an army of Drunn Soldiers to aid him in battle.
- Longevity: Gachireus can live for millions of years.
- Gachiraid Cannons (ガチレイド砲 Gachireido Hō): Gachireus is armed with artillery cannons in each shoulder that can fire energy shots or missiles.
- Screw Claws (スクリュークロー Sukuryū Kurō): Gachireus can use the spiral-style claws on his vambraces in combat; he can spin the vambraces to do corkscrew jabs or unleash spiral energy punches.
- Height: 191cm (46.8m Giant)
- Weight: 287kg (703.2t Giant)
- Attribute: Rook Class Executive
- Place of Distribution: Deep Sea of Serious Match
- Classification: Druidon general
- Experience Point: 503
Behind the Scenes
- Gachireus is voiced by Tetsu Inada (稲田徹 Inada Tetsu), who is well known for Doggie Kruger in Tokusou Sentai Dekaranger, Hades Warrior God Ifrit in Mahou Sentai Magiranger, and Highness Duke Org Shuten in Hyakujuu Sentai Gaoranger. His suit actor is Hirotsugu Mori (森博嗣 Mori Hirotsugu).
- Curiously, his somehow short-fused and arrogant nature brings to mind Shuten, and to a greater extent, Rasetsu.
- Gachireus' motif is a cross between a rook chess piece, a submarine, and a naval captain.
- Gachireus is the third Super Sentai villain to be voiced by Tetsu Inada, if one counted Power Rangers Dino Force Brave, where Tetsu Inada voiced the Japanese dub of the villain Homuras.
- Gachireus' design bears some similarities to that of Captain Zahab, with the difference being Zahab is modeled after a pirate ship, while Gachireus is modeled after a modern battleship and submarine.
- He is also very similar to Azald in Doubutsu Sentai Zyuohger.
- Both are the muscle of their respective villain groups.
- Both are easily-angered individuals.
- Both rely on hand-to-hand combat as their weapons.
- Both have the ability to regenerate themselves.
- Both fight their respective heroes, due to their betrayal and frustration with another villain, which eventually leads them to their demise. (However, unlike Azald, Gachireus intended to destroy Pricious from the very beginning, whereas Azald didn't, due to his amnesia from Ginis, prior to the exposure of the former's true form).
- He is the first Sentai General to appear in the Reiwa period.
- Gachireus is the first Druidon General to be a host of a Minosaur, the second to grow giant and survive an initial mecha battle, and the third to have died.
- He is the last boss and Sentai General in the 2010s to be defeated.