|This article is about a/an episode in Engine Sentai Go-Onger.|
Shogun Revival (将軍フッカツ Shōgun Fukkatsu) is the fortieth episode of Engine Sentai Go-Onger.Its the second of a two parter that serves as a follow up to the Go-Onger movie.
After Engine Dai-Shogun crashes on Earth, the Go-on teams head to ground zero as Sōsuke remembered their adventure in the Samurai World and how the Honōshū Warriors died fighting Maki as Engine Dai-Shogun. However, Harunosuke reveals that the sword he and brother were protecting actually holds part of Retsu-Taka's soul that can control Engine Dai-Shogun. By then, the Yōma Rairaiken and Gokugokumaru arrive to get the sword as Go-on Teams fight them. But a surprise visit by the Human World counterpart of Retsu-Taka results in the revived Engine Dai-Shogun acting on the man's will to attack the city out of rage. As Engine-Oh, GunBir-Oh, and Seiku-Oh attempt to stop the stronger Engine Dai Shogun, the Yōma backstab the Gaiark Ministers and dump them into the Bikkurium chamber as they reveal their intent to take over the Human World once Engine Dai-Shogun devastates the city. Later, after coming to from the fight, Sōsuke finds "Retsu-Taka" to reason him into stopping this madness, resulting in a fist fight with the man after revealing his reason being to getting back on society for his misfortune in becoming homeless. Seeing he has no choice but to destroy Engine Dai-Shogun if he has to stop the destruction, Go-on Red attempts to form Kyoretsu-Oh when the Yōma stop Go-on Red and he fights the two single-handedly before the others join in the fight, forcing the Yōma to sic Engine Dai-Shogun on them. However, "Retsu-Taka" runs into scene and uses Retsu-Taka's power to break the combination as the Yōma use the Bikkurium vials they took to enlarge and finish the job. However, the primary Go-ongers place their partner Engine Souls into the Wandering Engine Casts to form Engine Dai-Shogun and destroy the two Yōma once and for all while "Retsu-Taka" gives the Engine Sword back to Harunosuke. Soon after, the brothers ride in the Ancient Engines with the Wandering Engine Casts to return to the Samurai World while "Retsu-Taka" begins a new life for himself.
- Sosuke Esumi (江角 走輔 Esumi Sōsuke): Yasuhisa Furuhara (古原 靖久 Furuhara Yasuhisa)
- Renn Kousaka (香坂 連 Kōsaka Ren): Shinwa Kataoka (片岡 信和 Kataoka Shinwa)
- Saki Rouyama (楼山 早輝 Rōyama Saki): Rina Aizawa (逢沢 りな Aizawa Rina)
- Hant Jou (城 範人 Jō Hanto): Masahiro Usui (碓井 将大 Usui Masahiro)
- Gunpei Ishihara (石原 軍平 Ishihara Gunpei): Kenji Ebisawa (海老澤 健次 Ebisawa Kenji)
- Hiroto Sutou (須塔 大翔 Sutō Hiroto): Hidenori Tokuyama (徳山 秀典 Tokuyama Hidenori)
- Miu Sutou (須塔 美羽 Sutō Miu): Yumi Sugimoto (杉本 有美 Sugimoto Yumi)
- BOMPER (ボンパー Bonpā, Voice): Akiko Nakagawa (中川 亜紀子 Nakagawa Akiko)
- Engine Speedor (炎神スピードル Enjin Supīdoru, Voice): Daisuke Namikawa (浪川 大輔 Namikawa Daisuke)
- Engine Bus-on (炎神バスオン Enjin Basuon, Voice): Hisao Egawa (江川 央生 Egawa Hisao)
- Engine Bearrv (炎神ベアールＶ Enjin Beārubui, Voice): Miki Inoue (井上 美紀 Inoue Miki)
- Engine Carrigator (炎神キャリゲーター Enjin Kyarigētā, Voice): Kyousei Tsukui (津久井 教生 Tsukui Kyōsei)
- Water Pollution Minister Kegalesia (害水大臣ケガレシア Gaisui Daijin Kegareshia): Nao Oikawa (及川 奈央 Oikawa Nao)
- Air Pollution Minister Kitaneidas (害気大臣キタネイダス Gaiki Daijin Kitaneidasu, Voice): Mitsuaki Madono (真殿 光昭 Madono Mitsuaki)
- Rairaiken (雷々剱 Rairaiken, Voice): Naoya Uchida (内田 直哉 Uchida Naoya)
- Gokugokumaru (獄々丸 Gokugokumaru, Voice): Masaya Matsukaze (松風 雅也 Matsukaze Masaya)
- Retsu-Taka (烈鷹 Retsutaka): Kento Handa (半田 健人 Handa Kento)
- Harunosuke: Shohei Yamauchi (山内翔平 Yamauchi Shōhei)
- Akinosuke: Hiroto Araki (荒木博斗 Araki Hiroto)
- As part of Super Hero Time, this episode aired alongside Kamen Rider Kiva episode 41, Lullaby: Release the Heart.
- Viewership: 4.7%
- Engine Narrator: Engine Carrigator
- Engine Eyecatch Race Winner: Engine Speedor ("I won by a large margin!")
- Go-On Seminar: Why do the Engine DaiShogun components look like Engine-O's components?
- Answer: There may be something to do with Speedor and Retsu-Taka's great great great grandfathers, but they're not related.
- Jum-Bowhale's ending theme is used in this episode.
- This episode was not adapted for Power Rangers RPM.
Engine Sentai Go-Onger DVD Volume 10 features episodes 37-40.
The Blu-ray release of Engine Sentai Go-Onger Volume 3 features episodes 34-50.