|This article is about a/an episode in Engine Sentai Go-Onger.|
Sometimes Mom!? (時々オカン!？ Tokidoki Okan!?) is the fifth episode of Engine Sentai Go-Onger.
As Renn prepares breakfast, Hanto leaves to work part-time at the PaPa Crepe Shop, where he & Birca meets and flirts with girls his age. Renn, Saki, and Sōsuke debate whether or not Hant should even have a part-time job, until Bomper alerts the Go-Ongers to the arrival of Jishaku Banki, who is using his power of magnetism to attract all metallic objects to himself. The Go-ongers, without Hant, fight and defeat the Barbaric Machine Beast. Hant finally arrives after the team victory, much to Sōsuke's annoyance. Sōsuke tells Hant that if he values his job more than being a Go-Onger, he should leave the team. Renn goes to talk to Hanto, who lies about why he has been working; he tells Renn that he wants to make money so that the gang can have a barbecue dinner. Renn believes Hanto's story and becomes upset when Sōsuke expresses skepticism.
Bus-on suggests to Renn that he should go to PaPa Crepe to see if Hanto had told the truth, so he does, and finds Hanto chatting with his customers. Despite this, Renn cheerfully decides to help Hanto make crepes. Meanwhile, at Hellgailles Palace, impressed with his minion's action in battle, Yogostein upgrades Jishaku Banki into Denjishaku Banki, which gives him much more attraction power than before. Renn and Hant get the call from Bomper, but Renn tells Hanto to stay with the shop and that he will go fight for both of them. The Go-Ongers call on their Go-On Gear to form the Highway Buster, but it is all snatched away by Denjishaku Banki before they can do so. Distracted and now wracked with guilt, Hanto tells the crepe shop customers that he must go help his friends. To his surprise, his customers encourage him to go fight alongside his fellow Go-Ongers.
Hanto shows up to the battle driving a wrecking ball, using it to take out Denjishaku Banki's power source. He apologizes to Renn for lying to him and the other Go-Ongers. Using the powerless Denjishaku Banki's powers against him, the Go-Ongers defeat him with the Junction Rifle. Denjishaku Banki is then Industrial Revolutionized, so the Engines arrive to fight. Engine-Oh pulls out the Go-On Sword, but Denjishaku Banki attracts it to him and uses it against Engine-Oh. Birca jumps into the fray, combining with Engine-Oh to form Engine-Oh Birca. Engine-Oh Birca executes the spinning Engine Armament attack to scrap Denjishaku Banki once and for all. Afterwards, the gang look forward to their barbecue dinner, but Hanto has bad news; because he had abandoned the crepe shop, he would not be getting paid and would be unable to buy the meat. Ever resourceful, Renn announces that he does have a small bit of barbecue meat and can work it into that evening's dinner.
- Sosuke Esumi (江角 走輔 Esumi Sōsuke): Yasuhisa Furuhara (古原 靖久 Furuhara Yasuhisa)
- Renn Kousaka (香坂 連 Kōsaka Ren): Shinwa Kataoka (片岡 信和 Kataoka Shinwa)
- Saki Rouyama (楼山 早輝 Rōyama Saki): Rina Aizawa (逢沢 りな Aizawa Rina)
- Hant Jou (城 範人 Jō Hanto): Masahiro Usui (碓井 将大 Usui Masahiro)
- Gunpei Ishihara (石原 軍平 Ishihara Gunpei): Kenji Ebisawa (海老澤 健次 Ebisawa Kenji)
- BOMPER (ボンパー Bonpā, Voice): Akiko Nakagawa (中川 亜紀子 Nakagawa Akiko)
- Engine Speedor (炎神スピードル Enjin Supīdoru, Voice): Daisuke Namikawa (浪川 大輔 Namikawa Daisuke)
- Engine Bus-on (炎神バスオン Enjin Basuon, Voice): Hisao Egawa (江川 央生 Egawa Hisao)
- Engine Bearrv (炎神ベアールＶ Enjin Beārubui, Voice): Miki Inoue (井上 美紀 Inoue Miki)
- Engine Birca (炎神バルカ Enjin Baruka, Voice): Sōichirō Hoshi (保志 総一朗 Hoshi Sōichirō)
- Engine Gunpherd (炎神ガンパード Enjin Ganpādo, Voice): Kenji Hamada (浜田 賢二 Hamada Kenji)
- Land Pollution Minister Yogostein (害地大臣ヨゴシュタイン Gaichi Daijin Yogoshutain, Voice): Kiyoyuki Yanada (梁田 清之 Yanada Kiyoyuki)
- Water Pollution Minister Kegalesia (害水大臣ケガレシア Gaisui Daijin Kegareshia): Nao Oikawa (及川 奈央 Oikawa Nao)
- Air Pollution Minister Kitaneidas (害気大臣キタネイダス Gaiki Daijin Kitaneidasu, Voice): Mitsuaki Madono (真殿 光昭 Madono Mitsuaki)
- Magnet Banki (ジシャクバンキ Jishaku Banki, Voice): Toshiharu Sakurai (桜井 敏治 Sakurai Toshiharu)
- Student: Makoto Kawahara (川原真琴 Kawahara Makoto), Miho Hiroshige (広重美穂 Hiroshige Miho), Natsumi Hinata (日向夏実 Hinata Natsumi)
- Go-On Red - Change Soul, Engine Soul #1
- Go-On Blue - Change Soul, Engine Soul #2
- Go-On Yellow - Change Soul, Engine Soul #3
- Go-On Green - Change Soul, Engine Soul #4
- Go-On Black - Change Soul, Engine Soul #5
- As part of Super Hero Time, this episode aired alongside Kamen Rider Kiva episode 8, Soul: Dragon Castle, Angered.
- Viewership: 5.2%
- Engine Narrator: Engine Buson
- Engine Eyecatch Race Winner: Engine Buson ("I did it, partner!")
- Go-On Seminar: How come Birca talks in Italian?
- Answer: He always adds in Italian because he's just silly.
The DVD Release of Engine Sentai Go-Onger Volume 2 features episodes 5-8.
The Blu-ray release of Engine Sentai Go-Onger Volume 1 features episodes 1-16.